Bradenton Oaks

1029 7th Ave E, Bradenton, FL, 34208

Reviews of Bradenton Oaks

Kat34205 December 24, 2015

My mother just moved from this place, they treat residents really bad. My mothers medications were frequently "lost". The food was cold due to being brought from the other building, wheelchairs not allowed in the main dining area or activity room. Trouble getting medications on time and more.

HB2 December 20, 2015

Bradenton Oaks has been really good with my mother. It was one of the few places that I was able to check out that didn't smell bad and didn't smell like a nursing home. It had a completely different atmosphere than a nursing home would. They've got good people. I've eaten there myself, and the food seems to be better than average. They do Family Feud, bingo, and music activities.

Anonymous102698050 November 12, 2015

Bradenton Oaks was excellent. The people we met were fine, very cordial, and very helpful. They did a good job explaining and answered whatever questions we needed answering. They were pretty attentive and followed up nicely. The rooms were lovely.

Randal1 October 29, 2015

My visit at Bradenton Oaks was very good. The location was very good, and the room was bigger. The room was double the size and the cost was half compared to the other facility I visited. This is a dramatically better facility for the money.

Polly3 October 23, 2015

Bradenton Oaks wasn’t for us. It was not a match for my mom. The rooms were alright; they were clean, the location was nice, and the staff seemed friendly, but we didn’t really like it.

Caring111416450 August 10, 2015

I did visit Bradenton Gardens, and it's a clean place. It's nice, but the rooms are small.

Caring110576750 June 30, 2015

The staff at Bradenton Oaks was good. There is a bedroom, a living room and a small kitchen in a room. The dining setup is average. They need to improve the food too. My mother is at this facility.

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Home Office. Thanks so much for your sincere feedback. I've passed your review onto our Resident Relations team so they can further investigate Bradenton Oaks' food service program. Please know you're welcome to call them as well if you have anything else to add. Their number is 1-800-370-8331. Thank you, Katie

Caring0380 March 23, 2015

I went to Bradenton Oaks, and I liked it. I think that my neighbor would fit in there very nicely, and I don't think it is too fancy for her. This one would be her style and if I were to choose, this is the one I would have chosen. I liked where her room would be and who her caregiver would be. I met the particular caregiver who would be on that wing. I liked the fact that she could pick off of the menu; she could choose what she wanted to eat, and that would give her some independence in a place that would be taking away her independence.

Caring93049650 August 31, 2014

We visited Bradenton Oaks, and I had a sister who lived there before, so I knew a lot about it. We liked the rooms and the setup that they had. They had convenient and nicely appointed rooms. They had two buildings. One of them was for people who needed more care, and that's where my sister-in-law was. The other building was called the tower, and they had three-room apartments, and that's where my sister lived for quite a few years. We came unannounced, and everything they showed us was very clean. The dining area was very attractive, but there was no food being served when we were there. They had a daily activity chart list on their board.

Caring24061 August 05, 2014

We really enjoyed Bradenton Oaks and we like it. It would be good for me because it will be closer for me, but it is farther away from my brother and sister-in-law. We wanted to check it out because we heard good things about it. We like it though. We scheduled the meeting during lunchtime so that we could check out the food. They were very welcoming and served us lunch. The room was nice. It had been recently remodeled, so it was nice. It was also in good shape.

Elizabeth37 May 30, 2014

My mother is in Bradenton Oaks. When we go there, everybody is extremely friendly and nice. They have a choice of different things, and one thing is they have memory care where you can only have one room. Then, you can also have an apartment. The rooms are small, but the apartment, I can live in. My mother has an apartment. It makes her feel that she's on her own and independent, even though they know everything she's doing. It makes her feel good about herself. Her apartment has a living room that is big enough, and she has a dining table there, also. It has a full kitchen, a good sized bedroom, and a large bath. It has a walk-in closet in her bedroom. It is a really nice apartment. Even though she doesn't use the kitchen, I know she feels like she's on her own. It makes her feel she's not being watched all the time, even though they come in and check her. They check on her all the time, but she doesn't feel invaded. The food is delicious. In the place she was in before, the food was bland. I figured, well, because so many people have diet restrictions. which my mother does not have. She always complains that the food is terrible. Over here, last Easter Sunday, she already went to lunch even before I got there. So, I said, "Let her finish, and I'll go up her apartment." They said, "Let us sent a meal up with you." They have prime rib, and it is better than I have had in recent years at a restaurant. It just melts in your mouth. It is fantastic. I have had four or five meals there, and every single one of them was absolutely delicious. They offer activities like bingo, which my mother hates, but they have Wii games too. One day I walked there, and they were having fudge brownie sundaes and music at the same time. They have games and stuff. They have a library. They also have buses that will take them to Walmart or the public supermarket. My mother can't do that because she has dementia so she won't remember to go back to the bus, but any residents who are just a little disabled go out all the time.

There are a few things they can improve on, but the prices are reasonable compared to most other places. The facility needs to be updated a little, but it is not totally bad. It can be freshened up a little bit, but the people there are more than accommodating. The staff is very nice and friendly.

My mother has been down in Florida with me for four years, and from day one, all she has said is she wants to go back to Rhode Island. Even when she was living with me before I found this place, every day she said, "I want to go back to Rhode Island." Then she went to Bradenton Oaks at the beginning of March. Since she's been there, she has not once said to me "I want to go back to Rhode Island." That's what I am basing my opinion on the place on: she likes it. She seems to be doing really well over there, and it is close to me. That is another thing that I like because I go over there two or three times a week, even just to sit with her and watch TV, or we go out for a little walk around the block or something like that. It is easy to get to for me.

David82926950 April 29, 2014

Bradenton Oaks was recommended to us, and she’s been living there for two years now. She is in the memory care area. The rooms looked very nice. It could be better, but we are on a limited budget. The food was great, and the dining room was fair enough. They have church services on Sundays. Her mobility is very limited, so she doesn’t participate in the activities.

Gary32 March 31, 2014

The facilities at Bradenton Oaks were newer, like they have been remodeled not too long ago. It was very clean, and they had a number of activities that were provided for the people who were living there. It had shuttle services available for the people. I think what I like best is probably the staff there, who seemed to be very attentive. The rooms are very clean. There were various sizes depending on what you could afford to pay.

Elias1 May 29, 2013

I stayed at Bradenton Oaks before. There was free cable tv and we were served three meals day. They also had planned activities and schedules.

bvbse1 September 24, 2012

The staff was amazing, they were always very helpful and understanding. It was never a problem finding someone to explain things or help with anything we needed. They had tons of activities and entertainment available and the dining system is great, plenty of choices and substitutes available. Everyone I met that lived there always seemed happy, and my grandmother enjoyed her stay there very much.

GAILD June 20, 2012

i HAVE BEEN FRIENDS WITH THIS RESIDENT FOR FOUR YEARS. SHE HAS RECIEVED FANOMINAL CARE AT BRADENTIN OAKS. THE FOOD IS EXCELLENT, AND QUALITY OF CARE CARE OUTSTANDING. I WOULD POUT MY OWN MOTHER THERE!

AngryFriendoftheElderly February 29, 2012

This by far is the worse nursing facility I have ever been in. My friend has been living there for 6 years. In six years she has been nearly killed several times from the staff passing her medications "Forgetting" to change a pain patch which caused her to withdrawal. She has been dropped by staff several times and each time they try to say it was her fault when she has only one leg as it is they are there to help with her balance and they fail to assist her with this. There are roaches running around on the floors and bed bug infections in multiple rooms. When asked for any type of maintenance help it takes them a week to repair something as simple as a lightbulb. Multiple things have been stolen from her room ranging from but no limited to money, bankcards, water, soda, food, clothing, and jewelry. For all of this she is paying almost 2000$ a month. Because she cannot afford anywhere else she is forced to stay there. She has tried to complain to the executive director on multiple occasions and is continuously ignored. State has also been notified but they manage to get tipped off every time and get the place cleaned up before inspections. DO NOT let your family members or friends move in there.

From Bradenton Oaks

Bradenton Oaks offers seniors a safe and friendly community coupled with premier assisted living experience, including memory care. Our dependable and dedicated caregivers are well-trained and carefully screened to ensure quality care. Our services are designed to fit each senior's personal needs and a wide range of housing and care options are available .In addition to care, our residents enjoy convenient amenities like housekeeping and linen service, restaurant-style dining, and transportation to appointments or social events. Bradenton Oaks also features spacious outdoor patios, activity rooms, and an on-site beauty parlor. Situated in sunny Florida just south of Tampa Bay, Bradenton Oaks boasts nearby dining, shopping, museums, warm beaches, and even professional baseball's Tampa Bay Rays.

*Rates listed are based on single occupancy.

Features of Bradenton Oaks