Sonata Boynton Beach

2400 South Congress Ave., Boynton Beach, FL, 33426

Reviews of Sonata Boynton Beach

Jean49 May 30, 2014

Homewood was very, very nice. We were very impressed with it. It was assisted living, and that was the problem. We weren't ready for assisted living, but it was very well run, very pretty. The rooms were great. The dining room seemed to be fine. We wanted independent living. The staff was very nice. We had a lovely young woman. She introduced us to everyone. We met some of the people who lived there. They all seemed very happy.

Caring79283550 February 28, 2014

The staff at Homewood at Boynton Beach were shock that I was there even though I had an appointment and it seemed like I was rushed through the whole process. Overall, the place is very nice and very clean.

Joanne20 December 31, 2013

Mom is in Homewood at Boynton. I feel that she's getting excellent care. They maintain the facility well and the food is okay. The care is very good. However, I feel like the stimulation is not enough. They have a lot of activities like poker and bingo and she didn't like that kind of stuff. They have a television, but for them to be sitting all day watching TV is no fun. Sometimes they didn't even know what they are watching. They need to have more interactive activities for the residents. It is a very small place with a bunch of small buildings for the different levels of care and I thought that is problem because I feel that they are divided. They do things for every building to accommodate people living there and it is horrendous for the program person to do all these. I keep telling them to get voluntaries. So, when it comes to care, they are very high. But when it comes to stimulation, it depends on what building you are into.

Holly8 November 21, 2013

The staff is very helpful at Homewood. The way it?s setup was that they had small groups in different buildings, so it was very personalized. It?s a very nice facility.

Cindi1 October 18, 2013

Mom has been at Homewood at Boynton Beach for 2-1/2 months. The staff are nice and caring. They actually called me one day when I had picked her up and forgot to sign her out. The facility is very clean. One of the things that I have an issue with is they have a line of activities, but they are in all different buildings. They have 6 buildings there. So, if they have a movie or Bingo, it might be at building 3 and mom is at building 2. I don't know what arrangements they make to get her into the other building.

Susan69497950 September 19, 2013

My parents are now at Homewood. We like the pod situation system that they have there. There are six different level pods of 24 residents and each one is self-contained, so it is easier for my parents to get around. We also chose this facility because my stepmother needs memory care. So this facility can accommodate both my parents in terms of their needs. In terms of accommodation, they have a large enough room that is divided into a living area and a bedroom area. Both my parents can move around easily because it is spacious enough for them. Food is actually very good and there's a variety to choose from. My stepmother generally doesn't really know what's going on, but my dad has been very pleased with this facility. There was only one minor thing we had with them. Upon registration, they failed to let us know that they needed my parents' doctors' contact information. Luckily, my sister and I looked them up and gave it to them. Nevertheless, with things such as maintenance that needs to be done, they're pretty quick on that.

VisitingAngel August 15, 2013

We have looked at Homewood. It was a big facility. It was more modern than the other facilities we have looked at. The apartments were very nice. The bedrooms were a little bit smaller but they were nice. However, when we went there, they acted almost annoyed that we were there. They kept asking, 'Are there any more questions? Are there any more questions?' They were doing several other things while we were there.

Lily1 May 24, 2012

This facility is not very appealing. It wasn't a pretty setting and it was not homey. It was more of an institutional set up. There's no pool in this facility too. However, the grounds were maintained okay.

We only saw a studio room. It was okay, good in size, nice bathroom, no kitchen; only a microwave, a small cabinet and a small refrigerator. Because residents can't cook, they offer 3 meals in a day. They have the usual activities for their residents; exercises, card games, entertainment and the like.

I just didn't care about the dining room. I can't find the words to describe it.

Caring561 April 19, 2012

We visited Homewood on Boynton Beach for my 91-year-old mother. This place is dead. It's too quiet and it seems as if there's nothing going on. Very few people out and about. I wouldn't choose this place if it was free.

betteIdid83 July 30, 2011

We visited Homewood about three years ago when we were looking for a facility for my great aunt who has Alzheimer's disease. She had progressed to a point where she needed round the clock care but not all facilities for elderly care have programs to accommodate Alzheimer's patients. We were very impressed with Homewood. The specialize in patients with Alzheimer's and dementia and the staff really make an effort to get moments of clarity with the residents suffering from these conditions. The facility is spotlessly maintained and all the residents seemed very relaxed, content and well looked after. For more able residents, there are a lot of activities they can take part in like tai-chi classes and lawn bowling. The staff are very friendly and you can tell that they really have the residents best interests at heart. My great aunt moved into Homewood and lived there until her death last year. I felt very secure in the knowledge that she was content and respected by the staff the entire time she was there. I highly recommend this facility for anyone looking for a great place for a loved one.

About Sonata Boynton Beach

Sonata Boynton Beach is an assisted living facility in Boynton Beach, FL that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Sonata Boynton Beach for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Sonata Boynton Beach

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Hiking trails
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• Minimum age: none

• Licenses: Standard AL license

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Sonata Boynton Beach