Sonata Boynton Beach

Reviews of Sonata Boynton Beach

Overview of Ratings

3.6

February 28, 2014

The staff at Homewood at Boynton Beach were shock that I was there even though I had an appointment and it seemed like I was rushed through the whole process. Overall, the place is very nice and very clean.

December 31, 2013

By Joanne20

Mom is in Homewood at Boynton. I feel that she's getting excellent care. They maintain the facility well and the food is okay. The care is very good. However, I feel like the stimulation is not enough. They have a lot of activities like poker and bingo and she didn't like that kind of stuff. They have a television, but for them to be sitting all day watching TV is no fun. Sometimes they didn't even know what they are watching. They need to have more interactive activities for the residents. It is a very small place with a bunch of small buildings for the different levels of care and I thought that is problem because I feel that they are divided. They do things for every building to accommodate people living there and it is horrendous for the program person to do all these. I keep telling them to get voluntaries. So, when it comes to care, they are very high. But when it comes to stimulation, it depends on what building you are into.

November 21, 2013

By Holly8

The staff is very helpful at Homewood. The way it?s setup was that they had small groups in different buildings, so it was very personalized. It?s a very nice facility.

October 18, 2013

By Cindi1

Mom has been at Homewood at Boynton Beach for 2-1/2 months. The staff are nice and caring. They actually called me one day when I had picked her up and forgot to sign her out. The facility is very clean. One of the things that I have an issue with is they have a line of activities, but they are in all different buildings. They have 6 buildings there. So, if they have a movie or Bingo, it might be at building 3 and mom is at building 2. I don't know what arrangements they make to get her into the other building.

September 19, 2013

By Susan69497950

My parents are now at Homewood. We like the pod situation system that they have there. There are six different level pods of 24 residents and each one is self-contained, so it is easier for my parents to get around. We also chose this facility because my stepmother needs memory care. So this facility can accommodate both my parents in terms of their needs. In terms of accommodation, they have a large enough room that is divided into a living area and a bedroom area. Both my parents can move around easily because it is spacious enough for them. Food is actually very good and there's a variety to choose from. My stepmother generally doesn't really know what's going on, but my dad has been very pleased with this facility. There was only one minor thing we had with them. Upon registration, they failed to let us know that they needed my parents' doctors' contact information. Luckily, my sister and I looked them up and gave it to them. Nevertheless, with things such as maintenance that needs to be done, they're pretty quick on that.

August 15, 2013

By VisitingAngel

We have looked at Homewood. It was a big facility. It was more modern than the other facilities we have looked at. The apartments were very nice. The bedrooms were a little bit smaller but they were nice. However, when we went there, they acted almost annoyed that we were there. They kept asking, 'Are there any more questions? Are there any more questions?' They were doing several other things while we were there.

May 24, 2012

By Lily1

This facility is not very appealing. It wasn't a pretty setting and it was not homey. It was more of an institutional set up. There's no pool in this facility too. However, the grounds were maintained okay. We only saw a studio room. It was okay, good in size, nice bathroom, no kitchen; only a microwave, a small cabinet and a small refrigerator. Because residents can't cook, they offer 3 meals in a day. They have the usual activities for their residents; exercises, card games, entertainment and the like. I just didn't care about the dining room. I can't find the words to describe it.

April 19, 2012

We visited Homewood on Boynton Beach for my 91-year-old mother. This place is dead. It's too quiet and it seems as if there's nothing going on. Very few people out and about. I wouldn't choose this place if it was free.

July 30, 2011

By betteIdid83

We visited Homewood about three years ago when we were looking for a facility for my great aunt who has Alzheimer's disease. She had progressed to a point where she needed round the clock care but not all facilities for elderly care have programs to accommodate Alzheimer's patients. We were very impressed with Homewood. The specialize in patients with Alzheimer's and dementia and the staff really make an effort to get moments of clarity with the residents suffering from these conditions. The facility is spotlessly maintained and all the residents seemed very relaxed, content and well looked after. For more able residents, there are a lot of activities they can take part in like tai-chi classes and lawn bowling. The staff are very friendly and you can tell that they really have the residents best interests at heart. My great aunt moved into Homewood and lived there until her death last year. I felt very secure in the knowledge that she was content and respected by the staff the entire time she was there. I highly recommend this facility for anyone looking for a great place for a loved one.

Let Us Search For You

Features of Sonata Boynton Beach

• Minimum Memory Cost: $4800/month

• Features Extra: Library

About Sonata Boynton Beach

Through innovative features, a homelike environment and impeccable design, Sonata Boynton Beach Assisted Living & Memory Care is committed to ensuring our residents receive an experience that truly reflects the Sonata Senior Living high standards of care and service.

We’ve redefined the care we provide, focusing on a single purpose of helping residents feel as much like themselves as possible. We truly value their abilities and proactively foster meaningful living.

Our Serenades Select Memory Care neighborhoods are highly functional, homelike and comfortable alternatives to traditional memory care facilities. Unlike other communities, we offer a hassle-free, vibrant lifestyle fueled by our signature programming and delivered by our high-trained, dementia certified and caring staff.

Each memory care staff member extensively trains to obtain the highest level of certification for Teepa Snow’s Positive Approach to CareTM (PAC). One of America’s most respected leaders in Alzheimer’s education, Teepa Snow’s approach includes optimizing abilities by focusing on what remains instead of what’s been lost, and integrates resident’s life stories into their daily care and routine for consistent positive interactions.

From our safety features to our kind and compassionate team of dementia-certified caregivers and staff, Sonata Boynton Beach has everything your loved one needs to feel safe, happy, and right at home.

Map of Sonata Boynton Beach