Brookdale West Boynton Beach

8220 Jog Road, Boynton Beach, FL, 33472

Reviews of Brookdale West Boynton Beach

Kimberly14 March 27, 2015

There was no clubhouse and no amenities in Brookdale West Boynton Beach. They had limited activities, and there was no place to have music or happy hour.

Thank you for taking the time to visit and share your thoughts about our community. We are sorry we did not meet your expectations upon first impression. Please be assured that we are always trying to engage our residents through scheduled programs and outings designed with their interests and capabilities in mind. We would love for you to keep us in mind and come back to visit again!

Asker December 14, 2014

My mother was in hospice for five weeks at this facility. The first week, there was no hot water.. The room was outdated. The first couple of weeks when I attempted to communicate with staff they either did not know who my mother was, or, did not return my calls. The service in the dining hall was worse than terrible- staff take 20-30 minutes to even take food orders, then another 20 minutes to serve. The servers have terrible attitudes, upsetting residents. If you care about your parent, look elsewhere. Staff needs training and facility needs upgrading.

We deeply regret that we were unable to meet all of your expectations. We want to thank you for your feedback and please know it will be reviewed and used to better serve our residents and their families in the future.

Elaine24 October 17, 2014

Mom was at Emeritus at Boynton Beach in their assisted living, as well as in their memory care unit. The staff were wonderful, and their rooms are beautiful. Mom initially had a one-bedroom studio, and it was very spacious. We haven’t gotten the chance to eat there, but Mom seemed to like the food. Their dining room is beautiful. The place is very secured, especially in their dementia wing. The facility is very high class in their operation, and that is very good.

Caring95496550 October 16, 2014

We were looking at Emeritus at Boynton Beach apartments in the independent living facility. The bathroom was not off of the master bedroom; it was near the front door. The way it was laid out was not good. It looked like they have a wonderful activity director. She seemed to be lively, caring, and had a lot of good ideas, but all the things that were listed didn’t all happen. I don’t think their dining room service was very good. I got the feeling they were skimpy with the food.

Thank you for taking the time to visit and share your thoughts about our community. Please be assured that we are always trying to engage our residents through scheduled programs and outings designed with their interests and capabilities in mind. Our community leadership is also working hard to utilize the new Brookdale dining program. We would love for you to keep us in mind and come back to visit again!

Doris30 September 08, 2014

My friend is at Emeritus at Boynton Beach and she is getting good care. The important thing is that she is protected and safe because she is in a memory care, and she is adjusting very well to the facility. I like the staff as they seem to be very caring and that is important to us, that they are taking good care of her. She is in a studio and it's small, but it’s adequate for her. I would just like to see the outside being kept up a little bit more because the seats are old and in disarray. The first floor looks very pretty when you get in there. The memory care unit is not as nice as the first floor, but I guess that could be expected. Overall, it's OK and the price was better than the other facilities we've checked.

Kevin13 August 30, 2014

Emeritus at Boynton Beach is a very impressive facility. It was spotless. The senior staff members helped me with regards to assisting the transfer of my wife to the facility. They were very excellent in handling all of that. With the food, there are some things that she likes and some things she did not, but that is typical for that age anyway. I think overall, it was very good. They do offer choices and their dining area was very nice.

ED23 August 30, 2014

My mom seems to be happy at Emeritus and so long as she is happy, we are happy. She has a suite and it's a small room, but it's working for her. She does complain sometimes about the food because some times, when they ask for something, it takes them a very long time to bring it. Sometime when she's eating a hotdog and she wants catsup, she has to wait 15-20 minutes for them to come back and bring catsup, but the food seems fine. She seems to like the activities and they have bingo. She says that the staff is fine. I like the cleanliness of the place. However, I thought they can improve on the food that they have available because they staff will just bring in what they want and that's it.

139sherlock August 04, 2014

My sister's car was broken into and both her and our mother's purses stolen. Someone had to have been watching her because the purses were out of sight. Emeritus has NO security cameras monitoring their parking lot. -- My father fell about six weeks ago and my mother pushed the "emergency call button" but no one came. She pushed it several times. The button did not work. She was finally able to help him get up. These incidents are unacceptable for a facility of this type.

Mary86006850 June 26, 2014

The staff is absolutely wonderful. They've gone above and beyond, and I mean all the staff, from the highest paid to the lowest paid. Whenever I've needed help, they've helped me. Whenever I call, they connect me with the right person. It has just been a really wonderful experience.

My uncle is very happy with the food. I'm not, because I'm a gourmet caterer, but he's very happy. The sanitation is excellent. I'm very pleased about that because I'd seen some of these senior developments that are filthy, and this one is very clean.

Robin31 June 19, 2014

I thought Emeritus was very good. The staff was also very good. However, the rooms needed to be updated because they were outdated as far as the fixtures went. I liked the setup of the rooms and ease of getting into the bathroom, but they looked old.

Caring85306650 June 17, 2014

We chose Emeritus for my father because we really like the apartment. He is able to get a one-bedroom deluxe, and it is very large. It has a very large living room with a walk-in closet, which he can make into an office. The kitchen and the bathroom are not in the living room. It also has a master bedroom with a really big closet. The only complaint that my father has is the food. He says the food is institutional and they fix a lot of fish and chicken. If they would spend more money on food, that would make this place really complete. Maybe they could also do a little variety when it comes to activities, because they tend to do the same thing over and over. I don't have any complaints with the staff. So far so good. They answer my questions, and they have quick response time. I think the outside of the building needs updating. It needs a new paint job and probably to improve the landscaping a little bit.

John84410950 May 10, 2014

I like that Emeritus at Boynton Beach has a facility for people who have memory loss. It was a secured facility. They showed me a room where there wasn’t anybody in and that was nice. They also showed me a room that was under construction, and I thought that was kind of weird.

Caring83197850 April 12, 2014

I looked at Emeritus. It was lovely and nice, but my parents just couldn't afford it; however, I liked its location. It wasn't in a poor, run-down area. It was very nice. The place was very clean. The staff was lovely. I saw a little bit of the dining room which looked very nice. Then I saw a bunch of people living there just sitting about the lobby. I didn't see the rooms because when I went to the front desk, I was immediately taken to the conference room. We sat down and talked a little bit, and I said: "Listen, before I waste your time, I need to get the numbers," and once we went over the numbers, I realized that it was not anything that my parents could afford. So, I thanked her for her time, and she was lovely and told me a couple of things to get into as far as getting them into Medicaid.

Caring79016950 February 28, 2014

Emeritus at Boynton Beach seemed like a pleasant place. It was a nice place. It looked nice. It was also acceptably clean. However the layout and the price was a concern. My mother and brother have limited mobility. It is hard for them to move around, so with this facility, the distance from the dining room to the unit was an issue. That was the problem. Nevertheless, I like the food. The food was good. There was no issue with the staff. They seemed fine. I thought the people were nice and attentive.

Rey20 December 30, 2013

The people were nice at Emeritus. ItÕs a larger facility. They have long corridors and itÕs more institutionalized. It may be better for somebody else but not better in this case. ItÕs a nice facility and itÕs suitable for what it offers.

Fred13 October 30, 2013

The people were very nice at Emeritus but you could tell it was like an old hotel or motel. The physical facility was the least likeable of the three I visited but it wasn't horrible. It didn't look like they have many activities there because of the physical facility. I saw a lot of people doing nothing so maybe they could provide more activities.

Caring71588750 October 04, 2013

I went to Emeritus and a lovely young man showed me around and gave me very good information about it. I was impressed with the layout. At the time of my visit, they were re-decorating and refurbishing, so I don't know what it looked normally. Aside from assisted living, they also have an Alzheimer's and dementia area. The rooms were okay. They also gave me a sample menu and it looked very nice. They also have lots of activities but the people in the ALF weren't capable of doing as much. They also have a little library for them. If my parents would need assisted living, I would consider this place. It seemed like a good quality place.

Caring Kare August 27, 2013

I have already found a place for my mom and that's Emeritus. I have no problems with them. It has been very good so far. Their staff is very nice.

Carmen8 August 26, 2013

My husband and I lived in Emeritus at Boynton Beach. It was a beautiful place. It was gorgeous. It was a Florida-style place. I had two or three aides when we were there. My morning aide was wonderful but the one who would come when she wasn't around was terrible. The staff was good but burned out. I could understand them though because people with dementia would wear you out. I would get like that myself with my husband who has Alzheimer's. Food was wonderful, but they didn't have an organized seating arrangement in the dining room. They would give you a table and when you are a little late, somebody else would be at your table. I also had things missing from our room during our stay there. I also did my own laundry and I had my own closet. I had good clothes in them; however, some of my blouses were missing. I did tell the management about my clothes and my husband's missing socks. Another thing that bothered me was when we first got there. In the middle of the night, around 1 in the morning, somebody came in, and when I asked what they wanted, they said they want to check on something. They just came in and that was their excuse. Then it happened the second time. When they went for the bedroom I woke up and I asked them, 'What do you want?' They said, 'Somebody clicked the button.' I said, 'Nobody clicked the button.' Those experiences were uncomfortable and scary.

Lyn Lederkramer August 01, 2013

I liked it and it had a pool. It was in a good location. It was near a shopping center. But it was more on assisted living.

minerva65 September 11, 2012

As I previously stated my grandmother only briefly stayed there but from what I could tell from spending time with her there she seemed very content while she was there. Everyone that I came in contact with nurses, supervisors, etc. seemed very nice and friendly. Everyone was very polite to us while we were there, me and my family. The people who worked there seemed very knowledgeable about my grandmother's case and helped her with the things she needed. The facility itself was very clean, there were no spills on the floor in the main areas and no strange smells came from rooms. I did not eat the food but my grandmother said the food was good for her, and it was well prepared. My grandmother and I didn't interact with other elderly people who were staying there while I was visiting but she said everyone was very nice to her. All in all this place was very nice and for the time that my grandmother spent there she seemed content.

Legal Wej August 14, 2012

This place is more convenient because it's nearer; however, we didn't like it. It was very institutional. It's around doctors' clinics and there's this oval driveway that leads to the home. People were not smiling; they seemed not happy. We didn't stay long in this place because we didn't like the marketing personnel either.

sadie1625 June 13, 2012

I have an aunt that is at this facility. The staff is friendly, they keep the facility clean. I visit there very often and have never heard the residents complaining. My Aunt likes it and says that everyone treats her well. My Aunt is a Boynton Village which was originally built as a hotel. The picture shown here is the one in Boynton on Jog Rd.

Lily1 May 28, 2012

This used to be a hotel; it's just a plain building outside. This facility is situated right on a main road so there's no space for walking. In addition, this is just a small place whose residents are mostly 80 years old and above. But, they have a pool. This facility is well maintained and is clean too.

The apartments are nice. However, they have a very small kitchen with only a refrigerator and a microwave. They offer 3 meals every day and the food is good. The entertainments and activities they offer are similar to other facilities like watching TV in a group, memory activities, card games and many others. This facility is pet friendly too.

Amy1 May 15, 2012

The facilities and the neighborhood are nice, because it's close to my house. I talked to some of the parents and loved ones with residents living in Emeritus and have received good feedback from them. But my mom didn't push through with assisted living yet because she can still manage living on her own.

anonymousll June 30, 2011

Emeritus at Boynton Beach gets my vote for being a wonderful senior community. I have an aunt and uncle who live at this assisted living facility and they have never been happier. They are continuing to lead busy lives, but the difference is that now they know that help is available when they need it. Both of these people are in their mid-80s and they do have some issues as far as mobility is concerned. My aunt needs to use a walker and my uncle has had two strokes. They primarily require assistance with dressing and bathing, and occasionally my aunt needs help with her ambulation. Escorts can be provided for walking and the amount of personal assistance is adjusted according to the needs of each senior resident. This helps promote the maximum level of independence.

At one time they were hiring nurses and caregivers to come to their home, but they are much more content with the present arrangement because they feel less restricted since they can call for assistance when, and if they need it. There is an on-site beauty salon, a large, heated swimming pool, a communal dining area and a gorgeous courtyard. All residents are encouraged to participate in the activities sponsored by the fitness and wellness centers. Exercise is a daily event and it is easy to see how much fun everyone is having during these classes. There are even many exercise classes in which my aunt and uncle happily participate.

Caring30 June 18, 2011

The staff was friendly and really seemed to care for the folks living there. Very clean and everything seemed calm and organized.

From Brookdale West Boynton Beach

Our Family is Committed to Yours.®

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Assisted Living Facility #9384