Chestnut Knoll Personal Care and Memory Care

120 West 5th Street, Boyertown, PA, 19512

Reviews of Chestnut Knoll Personal Care and Memory Care

JA2 February 23, 2016

Everything is wonderful. I would highly recommend Chestnut Knoll.

Redware February 10, 2016

Chestnut Knoll was very warm, and welcoming. It had a very home-like feel to it. The dining-activity area was very nice. They had it beautifully decorated for the holiday. The people seemed very happy, and very pleasant. There were bright rooms. They were small, but comfortable. The staff was very pleasant. I think it would be a very pleasant place for my father.

Susan119387550 January 29, 2016

Chestnut Knoll was good. I had a tour of the secured Alzheimer’s wing; which was where my mom would have been placed. The staff seemed very friendly. The staff I met gave me a tour. She was very informative. She checked back with me once or twice to see how thing were going.

Karen119084550 January 24, 2016

I liked the very homey feeling of Chestnut Knoll. I thought the staff was superb. It was clean, and it has no odor. My husband lived there for two months.

Kathleen S. January 13, 2016

The decision to place a family member in memory care is painful and difficult and we were filled with anxiety. Chestnut Knoll made the transition less so. We visited our mother every day and never had a moment of doubt that she was in the most loving and caring environment. The staff was so supportive and helpful to us as well as mom, even after she passed away. I still visit the staff and patients because they became part of our family. I cannot say enough about our experience and how wonderful they were to mom.

rwmcs November 11, 2015

Our Mother was at Chestnut Knoll in Memory Care for the last three years. During her stay the staff was caring and got to know her likes as well as her idiosyncrasies. As her health declined, her care team was vigilant for signs of physical problems. When Hospice care was called for, the coordination of the Chestnut Knoll and the Caring Hospice teams was seamless and reassuring.

gww3 September 03, 2015

When my brother and I first came to Chestnut Knoll Memory Care to speak with the staff there about our parents, we were planning ahead for the time when we knew, inevitably, they would not be safe in their own home without 24/7 supervision. Both suffered from differing stages of progressing dementia. We tried various levels of in-home care, up to and including round-the-clock. The care-givers all did their best and were very compassionate, but due to my parents’ worsening conditions, they did not understand why all these “strangers” needed to be there in their home when, in their opinions, they didn’t need any help whatsoever. Watching them both trying to just get up and down stairs safely, and (somewhat stubbornly) dealing with the confusion of daily living, paying bills, etc., my brother and I both knew it would be just a matter of time. Since both of our locations and working schedules at the time precluded either of us from “moving in”, it became clearer to us what we needed to do, while still trying to honor our parents’ desires to remain in their home “for as long as possible”. Fast forward – following a number of falls suffered by both inside and outside of their home, including a hospitalization for hip surgery for our mother, we knew (even if they did not understand) that we had arrived at a decision point. We prayed we had not waited too long. Thank goodness for Stacy and Jennelle and all the staff at Chestnut Knoll, who through their professional expertise, background, and compassion knew exactly how to help us in our time of urgent need. From day one, my parents were made to feel like they were entering a new family, including a 66th wedding anniversary celebration at Chestnut Knoll less than a month after they had arrived. They are both gone now, and we are extremely grateful to Chestnut Knoll Memory Care and Fox Rehab Services for helping them, and our family, through their final months by providing the best possible quality of life.

Caring107146250 August 31, 2015

Everything is excellent at Chestnut Knoll, and it’s so much better than the place she was before, like 10x better. They have three dining rooms, they are smaller than the usual one, but they are all really nice. The rooms are perfect, and the bathrooms are of the right size, plus they provide the furniture. They have planned activities all day long.

Caring111966550 August 22, 2015

I visited Chestnut Knoll, and it was very nice. In fact, it has one of the best reputations in the Knoll area. The staff was very nice. The rooms were really nice, and they had three or four different kinds.

Susan114618750 July 29, 2015

Chestnut Knoll Assisted Living was my first choice. It was really nice. They had a separate area for Alzheimer’s and dementia residents. The rooms were really nice. It was clean, and they had birds in cages. Everybody was friendly, and the residents seemed very happy. It was a beautiful place. The lady who gave us the tour was very pleasant, very nice, and very informative. They had a really big dining room, and it looked like a restaurant. It was really nice. I saw their calendar of events, and they had things going on all day long like bingo, movie nights, dancing, and exercises. They had a courtyard that was really nicely landscaped.

Caring107463350 June 18, 2015

My relative is in Chestnut Knoll, and it's close to where she was. The staff was friendly and helpful. She is in a shared room. The food is good, and the dining room is nice. It's fairly clean. I would like a better communication with them regarding her health. They have music, social, crafts, and exercise. She has been there for almost a year.

Thank you for taking the time to review Chestnut Knoll and giving us a 5-Star review! However, we are always looking for ways to improve and your comments about cleanliness and communication open that opportunity. Our goal is to be “eat off the floor” clean and to have our communication be “just right” for each family. Please feel free to speak to Shawn or Jodie if we can improve our service to you or your loved one at any time.

JanTysn May 13, 2015

My parents lived together at Chestnut Knoll. Even though my mother had dementia, my parents were able to stay together until the end which was very important because they would not tolerate being separated from each other after 70 years of marriage. The staff is the best of have seen anywhere, and as a nurse I have been in many other facilities. They are always patient, caring and truly concerned for the residents well being. There have a great therapy program. After my mother died, we expected my Dad to "give up". Through the love and concern of his Chestnut Knoll family he adjusted much better then the family ever expected. my parents did not get too involved with the activities (by choice) but staff always informed them of what was going on. They were allowed to have their cat there which meant a lot to them. my father recently passed, but family was with him and he was under the care of hospice. I would recommend Chestnut Knoll to any family who needs to have their loved one in a safe protected environment.

Paul Sidney March 27, 2015

In late December, 2014 my sister, who has advanced dementia as well as other serious health issues, had to be relocated at the request of the facility where she had lived for over two years. Fortunately, I was able to connect with Jodie at Chestnut Knoll. Within a matter of a day or two, Jodie arranged for Joan to be evaluated, transferred, and admitted. She brought calm and direction to all facets of the process including the transfer of medical and prescription records. I met with the new primary care physician who examined Joan on the day she was admitted. Most importantly, Joan was given exceptional attention and consideration from a most caring staff to make her feel comfortable and welcome. After Joan had settled in for a few weeks, I wrote the following note: " I stopped in to see Joan yesterday; she seemed to be doing very well. My take is she is more aware, involved, and overall in better surroundings. Chestnut Knoll has created an environment much more open and positive than any other facility I have seen. I am very thankful to you for easing and coordinating the process of getting Joan to Chestnut Knoll. I believe Joan is happy and in the care of exceptional professionals. My sincere thanks to the entire staff." As Joans condition continued to decline, the staff recommended she be evaluated for Hospice. She was accepted and now benefits from the care given by both Chestnut Knoll and Hospice. While being responsible for a loved one in these circumstances is stressful, I have found that having the support from people who are dedicated and competent helps so very much. I highly recommend Chestnut Knoll for your loved one.

SLJ January 07, 2015

I would recommend Chestnut Knoll to anyone. Our Dad, Pop-Pop, and Pop-Pop-Pop, was a resident at Chestnut Knoll for almost 5 years. It was his choice to move there, but the family agreed. What we saw was a clean, odor-free facility.

What we felt was a sense of family. The staff treated Dad and the others as family. Any question or concern we had was addressed. The administrators doors were always open.

A new physical therapy program was started and Dad loved it because Medicare would only allow PT for a short time and after he was forced to stop, he would decline. He thrived with the new program with Fox.

Chestnut Knoll welcomes the whole family, from children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, and grand-dogs, too, to visit and take part in their celebrations.

As Dad neared death, we saw the love the staff had for him. We saw it in their eyes, we heard it in their words, and felt it in their actions toward Dad and us.

We were never sorry our Dad spent the last years at Chestnut Knoll. It was home for Dad and we were comfortable in visiting him at his home.

StephanieR_PA June 20, 2014

Chestnut Knoll provided care for my grandmother for over seven years and I could not have entrusted anyone more. They were consistently attentive and because Chestnut Knoll is not too big, they were able to learn her habits very quickly. Most importantly, she was extremely happy. In addition, she loved the staff, participated in many activities and fostered great relationships with the other residents. I am confident the last seven years of her life would not have been as fulfilled if she would have been home alone and did not have the great residents and staff of Chestnut Knoll.

Janet28 September 12, 2013

I found Chestnut Knoll through Caring.com. It seems a very nice facility for my husband. It is actually only about 10 minutes from my home. All the amenities that we need are all there and they are very good. It would have been really convenient for me to put my husband there, unfortunately the cost of the facility was a little bit more than I could manage.

furlerfan August 13, 2012

This place has taken care of my mother who is now in end stage Alzheimer's. When I go visit, I wonder how these women do the jobs they do day in and day out. My mother has been quite combative lately which is really difficult for me because she was always such a compliant peaceful person. The staff's patience and kindness exceeds all my expectations. I highly recommend Chestnut Knoll!

bonniexJade November 02, 2011

Chestnut Knoll is the Memory Care center of this assisted living facility, meaning it primarily deals with Alzheimer's patients and those with increased dementia. I would recommend this facility to anyone with a loved one in need. The staff, while at sometimes frustrated, handles the patients with the utmost care and they seem to truly interact with the patients (as much that they can.) The meals are modified for each patient, and they keep track of each one's special needs dutifully. Each month a calendar is distributed displaying each day's activities and times, and the calendar is always full. What these people have left is not much, but the nurses at Chestnut Knoll give them a sense that they are truly cared for.

From Chestnut Knoll Personal Care and Memory Care

Chestnut Knoll Personal Care Community was officially opened at 120 West 5th Street, Boyertown, PA 19512, on September 18, 2000. This facility is licensed by the Department of Public Welfare as a personal care home. Chestnut Knoll has 82 suites, 34 of which are located within our secured dementia care unit, area devoted to memory-impairing illnesses such as Alzheimer's Disease.

We provide services such as assistance with bathing, dressing, housekeeping, laundry, medication management, activities, transportation services and three balanced meals a day all in a home-like environment.

Every resident will find a unique mix of security and independence, privacy and companionship, and physical and social well being.

Small homelike setting in rural Boyertown. Unlimited Individualized Therapy Services throughout entire residency which is provided by full-time Exercise Physiologist and Licensed Therapists.

Features of Chestnut Knoll Personal Care and Memory Care

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Skilled nursing
  • Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Wii sports competition
  • Activities extra: Computer class, Unlimited Therapy REGARDLESS of Insurance Coverage

• Private services

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: None

• Licenses: Department of Public Welfare licensed
  • State License(s): 205880

• Monthly rent is all inclusive
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $4,935/month

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Chestnut Knoll Personal Care and Memory Care