Brookdale Bowling Green

121 North Wintergarden Road, Bowling Green, OH, 43402

Reviews of Brookdale Bowling Green

September 20, 2012

By jenf0423

The first thing that I thought when I stepped into the facility was wow! It looks more like a home than an assisted living place. I felt very comfortable with my grand mother being there. The furnishings were nice and clean. There was no medicine smell in the place. There was ample security so I knew she would be safe. The staff was friendly. I would recommend this establishment to any friends or family. The grounds were nice too. There were many activities that my loved one could get involved with as well. All in all, a very nice place.

August 28, 2012

By angelmarie

I have always enjoyed going to Sterling House of Bowling Green, the facility is very clean, never smells like some of them do, and the people there are very kind to both the people living there and the visitors. My aunt has never been treated badly and they go out of their way to make sure she is comfortable. The new dining area that they have recently built is wonderful! The fireplace/ living room area as you walk in is very inviting. Do not have anything bad to say about it.

July 24, 2012

By Ken2

We chose this facility for my mom who has dementia. The people there were very caring. They recommend their resident to do daily activities and they provide a safe place them. They provide special care to their patients. Everyone was well taken care of. My mom was happy with it, and I'm happy seeing her happy.

July 06, 2012

By c.a.v2000

Where to start well when you first drive up to the facility it looks beautiful the building design is great.the lawn is well manicured,and all the trees are perfectly manicured as well.So right off the bat when you pull it is very welcoming which is great.Then once you enter the facilities it is nice and clean well designed. my grandma loves the place it has a very good dining area her room is spaciest and comfortable.Everyone that lives there is kind well at least the people we have met are nice.The staff is very kind and pleasant whenever you she needs help they are fast and try there best to help to her satisfaction.the only negative that comes to mind is that last summer there was problem with my grandmas air conditioning and it took longer then we would have liked to get the problem resolved.But on the positive side they where vary apologetic and did there best to make it up to her.So in closing I feel this facility is great and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good assisted living facility.

September 29, 2011

By Grateful Grandaughter

My grandmother is a resident at this facility. It was such a difficult time when my family had to decide how to best care for "Mum". Mum has always been a very strong-willed and fiercely independent person. Even when she has been suffering from illness she always wanted to take care of everything herself. "I'm not going to be burden!" is what she would say anytime any of us would try to help. Sadly, Mum's body is not as strong as her spirit. A couple of years ago, after she fell and hurt her hip, it was clear to everyone that Mum could no longer live alone. However, none of us could imagine that Mum would be willing to live in "one of those homes".Sterling House turned out to be the ideal solution. Their lovely, bright, individual apartment suites gave Mum the sense of privacy and independence she needs. Best of all, their individualized care plans allowed Mum to pick out only the assistance she needs and lets her take care of the things that she can still handle.Their common areas have such a welcoming feeling to them, and the grounds are always well maintained. The only thing that Mum ever complained about was the food. Their meals are very nice, but Mum loves spicy food and she often wishes that the would "zip things up a little".I was most impressed by their staff. Even as a visitor they treat you like you are one of their own family members. They are discreet yet attentive and are always happy to provide us with little updates on how Mum is doing, and they are really great at letting us know if they see changes in Mum's mood. This is really crucial to us - especially since none of the family lives close by. The staff are just really caring people. One day, the house-cleaning lady noticed that Mum seemed a bit down. It turned out that it was the anniversary of her favorite cat's death. She was really missing old Rusty - especially how he would sleep at her feet at night. Well, the time the cleaning lady came in, she left Mum a stuffed cat doll on her bed. Mum was so happy!

Photos of Brookdale Bowling Green

• Financial Aid

• Pets: All Pets Allowed

• Licenses: OH

About Brookdale Bowling Green

Brookdale Bowling Green provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

We promise Respect for Individual Preferences by offering personalized care needs and providing an atmosphere that encourages each assisted living resident to live in health and longevity. We also offer special housing and care options for those who require assistance with the activities of daily living such as dressing, bathing and dispensing of medications. We offer graduated levels of care based upon the individual need of residents, as determined by our continual assessment process. We are dedicated to enriching the lives of residents every day with signature services for those who value their freedom and independence, but desire or need services providing them with the highest level of quality, care, and value.

Map of Brookdale Bowling Green