HeartFields at Bowie

7600 Laurel Bowie Road, Bowie, MD, 20715

Reviews of HeartFields at Bowie

May 11, 2016

By RoyceLDEMU

HeartFields was the first one I saw, and it was, at minimum, equal to most of them. The only thing that threw me off was when I went to the critical care area or where the residents needed direct attention, it didn’t smell clean. It smelled like a lot of adult diapers needed to be changed. Outside of that, it was on par with most other places.

May 11, 2016

By Mother Hubbard

HeartFields at Bowie was a beautiful place with very beautiful grounds, a beautiful facility, very nice rooms and dining room, and a very nice, very professional staff. It seemed like the residents were just kind of sitting in a room, and I didn’t see any real activities going on at that time. I didn’t see the food, just saw the dining area, and it looked like a very nice place.

March 08, 2016

By Ken121868050

We are in the process of moving my relative into Heartfields. The staff was friendly, knowledgeable, and showed us around. We had lunch and met some of the residents who seemed busy with different activities. The facility was light and airy and had different choices for rooms, which were painted in neutral colors, weren’t dingy, and were adequate in size.

January 14, 2016

By Loving Daughter22

I was very impressed with HeartFields at Bowie. The director of marketing was awesome and gave me a tour. I love how she engaged with the rest of the staff. It seemed like they’re very close, like a family. I thought the place was very clean, and it wasn’t too huge for my mother. I think the rooms were a little bit confining, though. Overall, if I was going to pick one out of the places that I toured, HeartFields would be the one that I would pick. Their ambience was beautiful. It was a beautiful facility with plenty of lights coming in from different angles. I even like that they displayed the food, so you can see what you’re getting for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. HeartFields was excellent. I thought the presentation of the markerting director, her overall professionalism, and the amount of time she put into me made me feel like I’ve known her forever. I explained the situation to her, and it felt like she had walked in my shoes. She was very personable, engaging, and very down-to-earth. To me, that was very important. If we come back to a place where we need to consider assisted living again, I would definitely pick HeartFields.

May 13, 2015

By Cynthia46

It was a great experience. They did a lot with the seniors, and they kept them busy. The seniors were very open and offered to show their apartments. The apartments were very clean, nice, and open. The only reason that I did not pick HeartFields at Bowie was because it didn't have motion detectors in the rooms. The staff were great and friendly.

March 31, 2015

I looked at HeartFields for my mother. The staff was nice. I felt it was a little bit of a bait and switch, but it is definitely nice. The rooms were very nice. It is kind of spacious and a little bit more updated than the other facility. I didn't really like the setup for the dining though. That is one of the things that did put me off. I was there for dinner hours so I watch how people came and how they were treated. They have a complete facility and kind of open. I did see some activities and it was nice. There was singing, and there was even a game at one point. As for security, they have a system in place, and I think it is good. I worry about who comes in and out, but it is good. The ability for the residents to get snacks, get up, and go to like a little area where you can make your own snacks. They'll prepare some for you anytime of the day. That is really a plus, and I thought that was a cool thing. The reason for my score is less to do with the look, the feel, and the people of the place. I felt misled about the cost. I was told one thing that is going to be the cost to get me in and another thing when I got in.

Thank you for the kind words regarding our facility. We recognize that placing a loved one into senior housing is one of the hardest decisions a family can make, and we pride ourselves on helping each family through this difficult time – with honesty and integrity. We will look into all of our practices to assure that no one feels we have miss led them. If you would like to speak with our Executive Director direct, please reach out to the community. We want to make sure that families are full informed in every step of the admission process and will work hard to make sure this value is met at all times.

September 10, 2014

By Barbara92475250

Heartfields was clean and it was nice, but it was so impersonal. It was a small community. It was in the neighborhood of my friend, so it has a nice location. The people did not come out of the common areas, and I didn’t see that many activities. I saw the staff, but I wasn’t that impressed. They showed us the rooms, but I wasn’t impressed by them either. I felt it wasn’t a good fit for him.

Barbara. Thank you for your review, as we always strive to improve. I am so sorry you had a less than favorable tour when you visited. I would welcome you back anytime at your convenience so we could show you around more in depth and you can truly see our wonderful home and meet our wonderful staff. We enjoy 14 years of an excellent reputation and don't ever stop trying to meet everyone's needs.

Please feel free to contact me at the community.

Aaron Campbell, Executive Director, HeartFields at Bowie

July 07, 2014

By Terrence1

I thought Heartfields at Bowie was excellent. The staff was very knowledgeable. I was very impressed. Everything was beautiful. The only thing I would suggest is for these places to have extended hours in the evening for the working people to have time to look; I could actually have viewed more places a lot sooner.

June 26, 2014

HeartFields was too far away from me. Their rooms seemed to be smaller. They have shared rooms, too. I'm pretty sure they have bathrooms and small kitchens in their larger rooms. With regards to their staff, they seemed to treat their residents well, from what I could see based on the tour. The lady who took us around the tour, she introduced us around to the residents, and they seemed fine.

April 09, 2014

By Greg15

Heartfields didn't have private apartments, but they had what seemed to be a cozier and homier atmosphere. We had a good visit. The person who showed us around was very capable and knowledgeable of the differences and what was offered there. We saw people coming down for lunch. Everyone seemed to enjoy each other's company. They looked like they could accommodate any kind of food palate that you would like. The rooms were small but adequate. You don't need a lot of space. But what they had was certainly accommodating and could fit almost anybody who has a need for assisted living. I liked the fact that it was all on one floor. It didn't seem industrial, and it didn't seem to be a less-managed facility. It was more like a homey atmosphere.

March 20, 2014

By Cat4

Heart Fields was small and quiet. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The rooms were in a decent size. The dining room was beautiful. It was set up very eloquently with tablecloths, real silverwares, plates, cups and stuff like that. I liked that it was close to us.

August 28, 2013

By Chris P.

HeartFields at Bowie was set by the golf course, so they have a nice view out the back. That place is pretty small, although it is bright and clean. They have activities for their residents. They have a bus that takes people here and there. They also have memory care. However, I just didn't feel like it was a place for my dad.

June 09, 2013

By Gary15

We visited HeartFields at Bowie and it was an older facility. I thought that it needed a little updating. The rooms were clean and spacious. The staff were probably not as friendly and outgoing.

Photos of HeartFields at Bowie

• Vegetarian

• Staff Patient Ratio: 10 To 1

• Licenses: Md

About HeartFields at Bowie

HeartFields at Bowie offers compassionate senior care in Bowie, MD. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at HeartFields at Bowie shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in Bowie, MD.

Map of HeartFields at Bowie