Legacy House of Bountiful

79 E Center St, Bountiful, UT, 84010

Reviews of Legacy House of Bountiful

Caring105458050 May 27, 2015

The rooms at Legacy House were larger than the other facilities in the area, and the food is comparable. The dining room was clean and spacious. They have a good calendar of activities, and it is secure.

Caring104986350 April 27, 2015

The rooms were good at Legacy House of Bountiful, and they have several rooms available. They have a silver sneakers program there, and that is the particular one that were interested in. I like most of the activities that they have.

Robert97191350 November 11, 2014

Legacy House of Bountiful was very expensive, but they kept the place clean. The rooms were spacious. The staff was accommodating and knowledgeable.

mjslc May 09, 2014

My dad was a resident for three long months. Every month, they would "assess" my father and want to charge us for things that they said they were doing or had to start doing, and none of them were correct. Every month, we had to meet with the head of facility because we couldn't get something resolved (a lot of times, just because they wouldn't return calls or be present when they should have been). There was someone visiting every day, and many times when they were supposed to come and check on him, or said that they had, we know they had not because a family member had been with them. Do not assume that things are happening because you are paying for them, or being told that they are happening. Some of the workers are good, but not all. It is a shame that you cannot depend people to do the right thing.

JanL85 November 20, 2012

Overall, our family has had a satisfactory experience with Legacy House of Bountiful, but not a great one. While most employees and administration there seem helpful and perform their jobs well, we've had two poor experiences with two different staff members. These employees claimed that they had been visiting my grandmother every 3 or 4 hours (which was the level of care being paid for) but there were two separate occasions where someone in our family spent nearly the entire day with my grandmother and a staff member never appeared (and they were not aware that a family member was with her). When we brought up these issues with the administration they were dealt with appropriately, but considering two different employees were not being honest about how frequently they check in on residents, it made our family wonder about the quality of care being given in other areas of Legacy House.My grandmother fortunately had friends who also happened to be living at Legacy House and that makes a big difference in quality of life no matter where she would be. The food and room service is satisfactory and the customization of meals is appreciated. Legacy House has been quiet and calm in all of my experiences there. It's on a quiet street and there are a few places for residents to be outside if they so desire. The room my grandmother has is a decent size (there may be different rooms to pick from) and she enjoys having the space. Some of the rooms appear to have had some small renovations done (painting, carpet, AC/heat, etc.) and that made it nice when we were moving in. She will likely spend the rest of her days here unless we have any of the problems I described above.

kiyot June 13, 2012

They treated there tenents with care but when it came to outside family and communication they lacked the skill. took them 3 hours to tell us her grandpa had passed away, not to mention he died alone.

four June 23, 2011

There are many excellent things about this facility. One of those things is the personalized services. The staff really make an effort to get to know the residents. While I was there visiting a friend, a member of staff stopped to chat with my friend, asking about her great grandchildren and where her youngest grandchild was going to college now that she graduated from high school. Of course, my friend then had to pull up her many beloved pictures, especially of the newest member of the family who was only three weeks old and just came in the mail a few days before. It really warmed my heart to see how much of an interest the staff have in the residents.

nmark007 June 10, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

My grandfather moved around from facility to facility based on his dementia and as the stages of it got worse, he started to require more care and lockdown units. Legacy House of Bountiful is where he moved to for about 6 months before he passed away and they were really great. The staff really cares about their patients and they really opened up to us about his progress and how we could help. The facility was very clean and the lockdown unit he was in was quite secure and monitored well. The nurses were always in and out to check on grandpa, especially as he got worse and they really had to check on him often. In the final stages, we came daily and each nurse we interacted with was really friendly and you could tell that they really cared about the work that they do. Once grandpa did pass, the hospice nurse was so kind and respectful towards us. She came in and did a few things to make it so the monitors would be quiet and we could have some alone time before we were ready for them to come in and take care of his body. Overall it was a great facility and a good team of nurses.

From Legacy House of Bountiful

Located across the street from the historic tabernacle, Legacy House of Bountiful provides both assisted living and memory care services. Our residents enjoy daily activities, restaurant-style dining, beautifully decorated living areas and a variety of apartment floor plans—all in a home-like setting.

At Legacy House of Bountiful, we believe that the more our residents can be independent, the healthier they are and the better they feel. No matter what stage of life we’re in, maximizing independence, maintaining dignity and having choices are important.

Nevertheless, there comes a time when we all could use a helping hand, even for the most basic daily activities like dressing, bathing, grooming or taking medications. At Legacy House of Bountiful, we recognize those times and provide just the right amount of help to meet those needs—it’s part of our Personal Touch philosophy.

Visit today. We’d love to have you over for lunch.

Features of Legacy House of Bountiful

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• We charge an entry fee
  • Minimum memory care rate: $4,750/month

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 65