Heritage Place Assisted Living

1150 South Main Street, Bountiful, UT, 84010

Reviews of Heritage Place Assisted Living

Leann674504 October 27, 2016

We visited Heritage Place Assisted Living. I remember it was very large and a little bit confusing to get around until you get used to it. It’s older and dated, but it's a nice community with a nice dining room. They had a good memory-care, and it was a good facility. The staff we saw looked like they were great. They were friendly and helpful.

Thank you for your review! We are pleased that you enjoyed our community. As we continue to renovate, we hope you will continue to stop by and see our amazing new look! We're sure you will agree that it is already shaping up quite nicely. It's a lot of work, but our residents, families, employees and visitors deserve it! Sincerely, Blue Harbor Senior Living

Carolyn678366 September 30, 2016

Heritage was very nice, and the staff was very informative and answered all our questions. The room size was around 650 sq. ft. Every day they have a different culture theme, they have movies, computers, and they have a pool.

Fay105 September 18, 2016

We put my mother in Heritage House in Bountiful, and it’s a nice place, but she has continued to deteriorate, which is unfortunate but they seemed to be doing pretty good with her. I visit on the weekends, and they are usually lower staff, and they seemed to be staff with young people that probably have gotten their CNA. The turnaround is a little bit more than I would like. I am very satisfied with everything. The food seems to be good; mom has put on a lot of weight since she has been there. All in all, it’s as good a place I think we’re going to find anywhere. She has a single room all by herself.

Fredrick's Mother August 13, 2016

I looked at both the Assisted and Memory Care areas. The facility is well run Jerrett did an excellent job of showing me all of the features that Heritage Place had to offer. Everyone in the place seemed happy and well taken of. The monthly rental rates are reasonable and this rate also includes many additional services that are not included in many of the other facilities in Salt Lake City, Utah. Because of the inclusion of these additional services,in the rental rate, it makes Heritage Place a very affordable. senior living center option..

We are simply delighted that you had such a great experience with our team! Thank you so much for taking the time to share with us and we look forward to sharing this feedback with our team as it very rewarding for them to hear how they are able to make such a positive impact for others. Thank you again! Sincerely, Team Heritage Place Senior Living.

Suzy246468 July 31, 2016

My mother-in-law has been at Heritage Place since March. The staff is really nice. They seem to be short-handed a lot. They need to make sure they have enough staff. Heritage Place is very nice and very clean. The aides are wonderful and very nice. It’s a very nice facility with a really nice dining room. They have activities for the residents. Overall they keep it up very nicely, inside and out.

GlenYSLJJ May 11, 2016

Heritage Place was wonderful. They’re very friendly and very professional. The rooms were very nice.

Allen14 May 11, 2016

I think Heritage Place response times were completely unacceptable. The food was not nearly as good. They made a bunch of process that basically were not true when we first considered moving my parents in. They charge quite a bit less than the community where my parents are now. But my parents are 95 and 92, so when my dad has to go to the bathroom he can't be waiting. The dining area seemed okay. I ate there a couple of times and the food seemed alright. They also had a lot of fees for things that we would just get for free at other community. If they had to bring the meal to my parents' room, there's a fee for that. We were a little disappointed so we moved them to another community. But you pay for what you get basically.

Sharon H.2 February 29, 2016

Heritage Place was a very nice place. It was very clean. It looked like they had quite a bit of activities for the clients that were there. They had pool area where they have swimming for therapy. They have a couple of dining areas. Heritage Place was well staffed. We were impressed with the staff and the people we talked to.

bender February 02, 2016

My Father has been living at Heritage Place in Bountiful, Utah for 7 months. We is not just "doing well", but thriving. He has made many friends among the residents and caring staff. He enjoys the activities. His favorite thing to do is eat in the well lighted dining room. I have the peace of mind knowing that he is cared for. Did I mention he is "99 and feeling fine". I would recommend Heritage to anyone who is looking for an assisted living place

Watermut December 31, 2015

Heritage Place has been a life saver to me in getting help for my father. He has been a resident for three years and he feels right at home. The staff is so friendly and attentive to our needs. I am impressed with all of the activities they have for their residents. A very nice facility!

Judy113501850 October 29, 2015

I visited Heritage Place. The experience was good. The staff was kind and nice. They would even walk your dog. The rooms were nice and spacious. They let us had a meal and try it. That was good. Every day they had all kinds of activities. They would even take you on a bus tours and trips. However, it would be better if it was cheaper. I would recommend it. It looked like the best one there was.

Barbara109704250 October 28, 2015

The staff at Heritage Place was very friendly and very nice. We wanted to move there but they didn't have a vacancy. The rooms were really nice and the bathroom was very spacious.

Lisa114975350 October 28, 2015

Heritage Place was a great place. They had all kinds of different things that anybody would want. The only little problem for me and my family was that it was quite a bit out of our price range. The staff was super nice and really informative. They took me all over the facility, and I got to see all the different places, and they answered all my questions.

Maggie29 August 31, 2015

Heritage place was a little older, but I thought it was OK. Everybody living there seemed really happy, and the staff has been helpful; they were great. I really liked how supportive they were. The apartments were really nice; they had a patio area and a courtyard that people could get directly into their apartment. You could modify the room however you want, and you could make it like home. The dining area is big and open. When I was there, it was really active, and there were a lot of people. They had outings, games, movie time, church services, and different crafts and stuff.

Caring112406350 August 31, 2015

My husband has settles in Heritage Place. We like the location, and I have a good recommendation for it. The staff seems to be responsive and friendly. He is in a studio apartment with a separate area for his bed. They are well laid out, and it looks good. I am happy with it. They have a menu, and they can choose different things from the menu. He seems to enjoy that. They have something every day. They take them to the grocery store and to the doctors. They have art activities and social activities. When we first go there, it is quite confusing, so I guess they can be well aware of the clientele that they have.

Anonymous114966450 August 12, 2015

Heritage Place was nice, but I did not like the way the rooms were setup. They seemed to have quite a bit of activities going. One thing they can improve on is to not have the heater on the wall because it is noisy. The people were friendly and nice.

Ron110968050 July 31, 2015

Heritage Place is very nice. My wife has a private room and a private bath. The care is excellent. They have puzzles and exercises.

Caring102966850 June 22, 2015

Heritage Place was very clean and very nice. The staff helped us and gave us a tour. The apartments were excellent, and the rooms were spacious. They do concerts where people come in and play, and they have activities every day. Everything was very nice.

Notahappygirl June 10, 2015

I have a family memeber at Herritage Place. We came to sites like this and checked reviews to make sure people liked the places we were looking at. This one was highly rated. We toured it several times. Staff seemed great. The move in process should have clued us into how things were going to be. They are nice until you move in. Its gone down hill every week since. We have been lied too over and over. The director will tell you just what she thinks you want to hear, then nothing ever happens. They have messed up on medications. No communication happens between rotating staff. No notes are left to tell you why or when things happened. Yes, the calander is super impressive. BUT they only do about 1/4 of what is on there. Several times i have walked in and every staff member is on thier phones while residents are sitting around staring at each other. If you bring it to the attention of any upper management you are told thr staff is right. DO NOT concider this place if your loved on is in need of memory care. They are under staffed. We never see more then one person working. There are 19 residents. That is not acceptable. They put disney movies on for them most the day. No one engages them, trys to make them smile. These sweet people are in the last years of thier lives and they get no attention or love from the staff. The staff is there for a pay check not because they love these people. Please do not be fooled into this facility. And again DO NOT put your loved one in memory care.

Making the decision to move your loved one into assisted living especially memory care can be very difficult, and I appreciate the thought you put into researching communities via the internet as well as touring multiple times before finally making the decision to move your loved one to Heritage Place. I am sorry to hear about your recent experiences. At Heritage Place, we pride ourselves on the staff we hire to work in our memory care. They sincerely care for the residents, and know each one of them personally. Our memory care staff only work in our memory care and become familiar faces for our residents. Our memory care unit is staffed appropriately. Oftentimes our aides are in a resident apartment providing one-on-one cares, so not always visible, but they are there. Our Med Technicians on duty are also aides, and care for the residents as well. Medications can be difficult to manage, especially medications that change frequently. We require signed physician orders before we can make any changes to our medication records and especially before giving the resident a new dose. Our pharmacy has an extremely quick turn-around time as long as we have all of the necessary information i.e. signed physician orders (which on occasion we must wait to receive from the physician office) once received we can typically get a new/changed medication the same day. Our activities program is based on each residents personal interest. Our calendar is created based on these interests. We encourage our residents to participate in activities, but we do not force them to participate. We plan a full day of activities, and let the residents help us set the pace, this is their home and we want them to feel comfortable in their own home, so if they do not want to participate, that is their right. We are open to new ideas/suggestions and would love for you to share your ideas with us. Our residents mean the world to us. They become a part of our lives and we become a part of theirs. The staff at Heritage Place truly love each and every resident and it shows. We will continue striving to improve our processes and we appreciate your feedback.

Connie106381350 May 04, 2015

My father-in-law is in Heritage Place, and it is a very nice place. His sister -- who is my husband's aunt -- lived there for 7 years, so we've known about it for a long time. He comes up to do their respite care because when we went to Disneyland, we put him there for a week, and while we were making the arrangements, the manager showed us this little apartment, it is close to where she lives, and it is a darling little apartment; I think will be perfect for him, and it is in the right size.

The doctor recommends it also because of the dementia that he has, and that will be a good place for him. His sister said, "Oh I would love him to be here." So, we put him there. He is settled down and happy.

I know they do swimming aerobics and yoga. They have movies and churches, but I don't know what he participates in yet. I have not eaten there, but he has no complaints, and they have a good variety of food.

Willy1 April 27, 2015

The rooms at Heritage Place have outside access and are updated. The staff is very friendly. The dining seemed OK, but we didn't taste the food. They have water exercise classes, puzzles, and movies. It seemed like they were undergoing a lot construction in some areas, so that was a little distracting.

Heritage Place Senior Living's renovation is complete! Our community looks amazing! Thank you for being patient with us during our remodeling phase. Along with the renovations of our common areas, each of our apartments are full-renovated as well, with new paint, carpeting and often-times new cabinetry and marble countertops. We are proud to show off our changes and would like to invite you back for a complimentary meal or two and a quick tour of all the updates. The staff are the friendliest and the food is delicious! And as always our activity calendar is full of fun and exciting things to do. Again, we encourage you to visit us again and thank you for the wonderful review.

Caring100127550 March 27, 2015

I visited Heritage Place in Bountiful, and it seems pretty nice. It is for my mother. I liked it, and it is close. The staff seemed OK. It seems like a really clean and nice place. I haven't visited so many to make comparisons, but I seem to like that one. I would recommend it.

Irene21 March 08, 2015

My mother is now living at the Heritage Place Assisted Living, and she is doing great there. The room is good, and the cleanliness is very good. She is in the memory care unit, and it is really nice. Her room is very nice. It has a little kitchen and a bedroom. It also has a nice-sized bathroom. She can have her own furniture which is really nice. The staff is very caring and very nice. They have activities like bingo, bus trips, crossword puzzles, and games. They do a lot of activities, and she gets her fingernails painted.

Melanie8 January 08, 2015

Heritage Place was her first facility. The facility itself was great. It just my mom was non-compliant. It wasn't their fault that she didn't do well there. They will tell her not to smoke in her room, but she will smoke in her room. She wouldn't take her dog out. Instead of working with my mom on those bad habits or behavioral problems, they just wanted her to leave. She was only there for 6 months. The facility was clean, and the staff was nice to me.

Caring92796950 August 30, 2014

The staff at Heritage Place were fine, but I didn’t feel that they were overly friendly. I saw some rooms and they were fine. Their dining area looked fine, but we didn’t eat there.

Caring1408 July 23, 2014

Heritage Place Assisted Living impressed me. It was a nice facility, and I liked the atmosphere. It's close to the hospital, too. The rooms that I saw were in the Alzheimer's area. I thought they were very nice. I was not planning to eat there, but I had lunch. It was good.

Al11 July 22, 2014

We toured this facility on Main St. in Bountiful and it became our favorite. This facility also had a memory care unit. There were a variety of room styles with options of balconies or patios. The staff seemed extremely friendly and we enjoyed their range of external activities - even exploring the option of cruises. The cost of rooms with the level of activities and care delivered value for the cost. The director engaged my mother-in-law rather than focusing on the others in the family that were also along in the tour.

Susan66741750 August 15, 2013

I chose this place because it's less than a mile from me and it just felt right. I brought my mom here seven years ago to see what she thought of it and she's been there ever since. It's nice, everything works. I have no complaints. They take care of her room and they're taking good care of my mom. They have hospice as well. She's well taken care of; I'm really happy with the facility on how they work, how they respect us and everything.

Chrissy3 October 13, 2012

This facility is not just a home for the elderly, but also for those who need just a little extra help. The staff is wonderful, caring and thoughtful. They actually care about their patients. They have great projects, an ice cream parlor, movie nights, all kinds of things that you can do. They also have some wonderful volenteers that come in and help with whatever the person needs. Heritage Place is a wonderful place for your loved once. The atmosphere is almost magical!

four June 23, 2011

This is a lovely facility. It has everything necessary for day to day life, even a chapel for religious services. One of the most remarkable features of this facility is the playground, especially designed for visiting grandchildren and great grandchildren. During one visit, I watched a big family gathering, possibly an outdoor picnic, to celebrate two residents 65th wedding anniversary. It was a special moment to witness. The residents were surrounded by their children and grandchildren, with the youngest ones enjoying the playground immensely. It was a perfect family scene, set against the backdrop of Heritage Place.

anonymous44 June 23, 2011

From Heritage Place Assisted Living

Listening. Serving. Caring.

These things matter to you, and to us. We offer more than just a beautiful place to live. We offer a lifestyle that embraces our residents independence and offers high quality care and assistance where needed.

Our goal is to enhance the quality of life of our residents and make sure they live their lives to the fullest. We recognize that our residents require varying levels of care and assistance. We promise to tailor our community and services to the needs and preferences of each individual resident, ensuring that they continue to lead the life they want. Visit us today to start living your life to the fullest!

Features of Heritage Place Assisted Living