Golden West Senior Residence

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of Golden West Senior Residence

December 17, 2012

By Jane M.

My mother has received excellent care at Golden West. The caregivers are, without exception, kind, thoughtful, and competent. They give my mom as much independence as possible and show the utmost respect for her. She is not always thrilled with the food, but is otherwise very happy at Golden West. The facility offers so many activities for residents, many of which are free. They work with the Boulder community to create a stimulating environment. We feel very lucky that Mom is able to be at Golden West.

July 24, 2012

By Lindsknits

The facility seemed nice. The apartments were in good condition. I liked that they had both independent and assisted living facilities. They had a good amount of recreational activities for residents and offered a bus for transport around town. They also offered space to hold bible study. When my grandma got sick they were helpful and supportive until she had to be moved to the hospital. I think that golden west made her last few years enjoyable and happier. They provided her with the ability to get the help she needed while still providing her with a sense of independence.

June 23, 2012

By daniellebrofi

even though i have only been to visit my great grandmother at golden west one single time, i am pleased with what i have seen and rest at ease leaving my great grandmother there when i leave. The staff seem to all be very patient, pleasant, up-beat, caring, and always available. The facility seems to be very clean and well navigable. It is also very comfortable and has a very warm atmosphere. It is pleasant to be there and does not have a stiff nursing home feel, it actually feels like a home. From what I observed, the food is very good quality, and my great grandmother tells me its delicious, too. They use garden fresh fruits and vegatables and actually have there own garden that the patients tend to and harvest themselves which I really thought was a really neat idea. Overall, I am really very happy with the facility.

June 21, 2011

By Anne Togher, Caregiver Coach

Other

Golden West offers both independent living and assisted living. I'm more familiar with the older assisted living part, which offers subsidized HUD housing. I've had clients there and have been there many times. But they also have a newer building for independent living residents. Overall, Golden West has a good reputation in the community. It's right in Boulder"”and has incredible views of the Flatirons, the rocky cliffs just west of town. Other pros: - The community room on the top level has awesome views. - The resident's rooms all have big windows, which let in lots of light. - The direct care staff is good, diligent, caring, well trained. They're very clear on who's a good fit and communicate that clearly to families. - The ownership is non-profit, independent. They've been there a long time and have a good reputation. - The activities are good: They have a lot of outings, which are popular, and entertainment, like a piano player and such. There's also an onsite fitness area, which is popular. And there are lots of informal groups in the independent living part of the facility. Cons: - Parking can be a challenge for visitors. - There's not much outdoor space for residents. - Some rooms in the assisted living part of the facility are pretty small. - The subsidized, older assisted living building feels dated compared to the newer building. - The food is institutional"”not bad, but not restaurant quality, either. - They don't offer memory care.

About Golden West Senior Residence

Golden West Senior Residence is an assisted living facility in Boulder, CO that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Golden West Senior Residence for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Golden West Senior Residence