Brookdale Boulder Creek

3375 34th Street, Boulder, CO, 80301

Promotion ends in 25 days!

3 STEPS TO WINTER SAVINGS: 1. 1/2 off your community fee with sign-up for automatic bank withdrawals. 2. $1,000 off your first full month. 3. 6th month free. New residents only, must take financial possession by 2/14. Other details apply.

Reviews of Brookdale Boulder Creek

Fern3 February 11, 2015

I moved my mother to Wynwood at Ridge Point, and I'm not terribly happy with it. Her room is very clean, and the place is clean, but they are not very good with the laundry. They went to a play today, and they have some trips, bingo, exercise, and crosswords. I've eaten there, and the food is good, but it's frequently cold. There was a petition that went around signed by a lot of the residents about how poor the service of food was. It was served cold, it was late, or it would take forever, but they are improving on that. There is a lack of staff, and my mother came close to dying because there was not a caregiver there. Fortunately, I was there, and I knew how to do the Heimlich, and the director said, "Your mother wouldn't have known how to push that button anyway." I don't like the director; I think she is way in over her head, and I'm not the only one that feels that way. I would love to talk to the owner of this facility.

Caring83892450 August 07, 2014

I'm in Wynwood. It is very professionally run. Everyone is happy doing their jobs, which makes the whole place happy. The food is quite good. They come around every meal and take your order. You get usually 3 choices of entrees and then a couple of alternatives for lunch and dinner. Our chef came from owning her own wine bar café and she's really excellent. She really understands meal preparation and just recently this past month, we did themed entrees. Last month was France and starting in August, it's going to be Greece so that's kind of fun.

I started out in the respite apartment that was completely furnished and renovated. When I decided to sign the lease, they even renovated a little more. All the units are being renovated to meet the new toilet heights. My unit faces the inside courtyard which is landscaped with a fountain. When you open your windows at night, you can hear the water. Very relaxing. Several apartments had balconies. My apartment has a private bathroom.

They have 2 buses and for today, their main activity was to go to a very popular street with stores for shopping. It was unique and it is reasonable -- prices that retirees can afford. Several people on the first floor have pets that can go out into the courtyard, which I find to be very nice. They do charge quite a bit for the animals. I think a cat is $200 a month and a dog is $400 but that includes walking the dog if necessary. If you can't get out for the day, the care people will come and walk your dog. For the cats, they'll clean the litter box and feed them if you're ill. That's part of their fee.

The caregivers are happy and their activity director is just really dear. She leads several classes and rides the bus to various outings. She's in her 40s which is a real nice change for most people in their 80s. I'm in my 60s and we're all hanging out with a woman in her 40s. We have a lot of interaction, a lot of fun going on. The executive director here is in her early 40s as well and very enthusiastic about her job, which is nice.

Richard90898150 July 31, 2014

Mom is in Wynwood right now. The food is really good. The room is not luxurious but it's good. It's average size and comfortable. She's unable to get up on her own but the few things that she has gone to, I think she has been happy about.

The staff is Nepalese and they're really sweet. They are really kind to mom and just very, very nice. I would say that their response times would be great if it was faster but mom has not complained so I guess it's OK. It's always possible to have a faster response time if they had more staff.

Caring75903150 February 28, 2014

We were at Wynwood Ridge Point for two weeks. The administration there was very helpful, kind, and supportive. Some of the caregivers were very good, some of them were not. The food was not very good, but the dining area was nice. They were remodeling at the time. I think they need to provide more engaging activities for people there.

Liz22 February 26, 2014

I give Brookdale high marks for everything. Good architecture, nice staff. They gave me a pie but I didn't really taste food. Sanitation was excellent. What I like is the openness, good floor plans. They have day lighting, they had windows.

Ruthss July 21, 2011

High functioning individuals live in this assisted living facility, which has a 76-room capacity.

Inside, the dining room and common areas are very clean although not beautifully appointed. However, there is a nice outside gazebo area with picnic tables"”complete with lots of shrubbery and a pond.

Wynwood serves great food"”good quality and lots of choices. There are lots of natural foods, foods and vegetables, without additives. There is attention to presentation and an interesting offering of ethnic foods.

The staff, at a ratio of one for every two residents, is friendly. There is one med tech in addition to a nurse on staff from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., and one caregiver on each of the three floors. No dedicated memory care is available.

Lots of activities are offered, including a cooking club, arts and crafts and very popular card games; there is also a bus to shuttle residents on tours and to offsite outings.

Pets are allowed, which is a unique offering in the area.

The cost starts at $3,000 monthly for studio, ranging to $4,900 for a two-bedroom unit with a den. Additional housing options within this range are one-bedrooms, one-bedrooms with a den, and two-bedroom units. The price increases along with the with need for care.

-This reviewer, Ruth Hillesheim, is a social worker with extensive nursing home experience, with an emphasis on Alzheimer's and dementia care.

DelEasy June 23, 2011

My grandmother is a resident at Wynwood at Ridge Point. From my perspective, this facility is great; they have staff on call 24/7, including a nurse on staff. They have lots of activities for the residents to do (both in the building and field trips to various stores or special events). They have a church service in the building every Sunday, which is good.

All of the staff are very friendly and helpful.

They have a really nice court yard with a small pond/fountain and occasionally they do barbecues. The dining room is nice and spacious with good lighting.

They allow pets, which is a wonderful thing for everyone there; I occasionally meet a dog in the hall going for a walk.

They have a small beauty parlor in the building along with a physical therapy / workout room.

There have been a few minor annoyances here and there, but otherwise this place has been wonderful for her!

From Brookdale Boulder Creek

Brookdale Boulder Creek provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Boulder Creek