Brookdale Bossier City

2540 Beene Boulevard, Bossier City, LA, 71111

Reviews of Brookdale Bossier City

September 27, 2013

By Maria21

My husband and I moved to Horizon Bay three months ago and the community is great. Everything is very convenient for you here. The staff is very pleasant. We have a little bus that takes people to their doctor's appointments, to the restaurants, and shopping. That bus comes in handy for those residents who do not drive or do not have a family close by. They have a lot of activities going on everyday like bingo, little exercise classes, and Yoga. They also celebrate birthday parties. They have some outside person come in, such as singers to entertain. Most people here are very friendly. We have a two-bedroom apartment with a living room, a kitchenette, and a pretty good-sized bathroom. We are really pleased with this facility and I am just enjoying it. They have a nice little dining area, but I do hear a lot of complaints about the food and I hate to put them down for anything because I really do like it in here and I have no plans to leave here. I feel a little bad for the people who don't have a choice in regards to their food.

August 27, 2013

By Merle H.

My son lives here in Bossier City and found Horizon Bay for us. We were initially looking for a place for my husband, but this facility made it possible that I can stay and live with him. We moved in about the 12th of June. We are pleased with this facility. We have three meals a day. Food is not restaurant-quality but we are surviving. What I like best about this facility is its location. It is just is outstanding for us. It is just nearer everything that we need. It is also close to where my son lives.

July 30, 2013

By Caring 1119

The staff at Horizon Bay were friendly. I liked their menu choices, the availability of food anytime and it could be brought to the room if they were not feeling well. They had a little exercise room but I did not see a lot of area where they could walk outside. It was not really a concern to us because our mom was not an outside person. I also liked that everybody looked clean.

October 25, 2012

By LibertyBiscar21

I became familiar with Horizon Bay in Bossier City when my mother and my aunt were looking for an assisted living facility for my grandmother to stay at when it became clear it was just too dangerous for her to live at home alone. Located on Beene Boulevard, Horizon Bay is convenient to Willis Knighton, a hospital in Bossier City, and is also a quick, easy drive via the 220 from Shreveport, which is where my mother and my sister live. The staff at Horizon Bay are very knowledgeable and enthusiastic. They seemed to view potential problems as opportunities and always rose to the occasion no matter how busy they were. Everyone I met there was very friendly and very eager to help in any way they could.Horizon Bay always seemed very cheerful, they often had live performers playing music for the residents gathered in the lounge area and my Grandmother made a few friends while she was there. It seemed that most of the residents spent very little time in their apartments, every time I was there I saw lots of them drinking coffee, chatting, playing cards and enjoying other activities. There were also off-site activities for the residents who were able to go shopping and go to the casinos and such and Horizon Bay even provides transportation to and from these outings. I was absolutely sure my Grandmother would gripe about the food, and she did, but not nearly as much as I thought she would. The dietician and the rest of the kitchen staff seem to understand how important food is to older people and they really went out of their way to provide very personalized, delicious, healthy meals and snacks. They found out that my Grandmother liked corn bread and buttermilk and made sure she was offered a snack of the same every day. That extra effort really meant a lot. I'm grateful to all the folks at Horizon Bay for working so hard to make my Grandmother so comfortable and taking such good care of her, they really did a great job.

July 11, 2012

By beebop64

The staff at Horizon Bay was very nice, and the residents of the place seemed to happy in one of their gatherings that I observed. The woman that I interviewed at Horizon Bay herself was very pleased with the community but was a little skeptical about some of the cleaning offered by the place. She let me know that she often cleans the place herself. However, I was also told that they have game nights and various local entertainment acts that keep them busy throughout the week. The interior of the rooms at Horizon Bay were simple but seemed to be very sufficient for the resident there. Apparently, they also allow residents to take short walks around the facility which is helpful in maintaining the health of these individuals. Overall, I was very pleased with Horizon Bay and would recommend it to other individuals who are also planning on moving into assisted living facilities.

Photos of Brookdale Bossier City

Services & Amenities of Brookdale Bossier City

About Brookdale Bossier City

Brookdale Bossier City provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Brookdale Living's Bossier City, LA community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional independent and assisted living services, amenities, and opportunities we offer. And, the residents at Brookdale Bossier City can rest assured that as their needs change, we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Optimum Life® and Celebrations provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of the residents of this independent and assisted living community, their families, and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self-discovery including services, features, and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life®, the mission of Horizon Bay - Bossier City is to encourage our independent and assisted living residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar at Brookdale Living's Bossier City, LA community with themed experiences, special events, and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Map of Brookdale Bossier City