Brookdale Bonita Springs

26850 S BAY DR, Bonita Springs, FL, 34134

Reviews of Brookdale Bonita Springs

May 11, 2016

By DebraOJIKE

I like the location of Brookdale Bonita Springs and the fact that they have two dining rooms that were flexible on mealtime. It was in a shopping area, so they have things for the clients to do. The rooms were very nice and very clean. They offered good service and very nice and helpful staff.

March 22, 2016

By Miralyn

Brookdale Bonita Springs has a high turnover of staff, which tells me the workers are not satisfied there. The location is great and the building is nice, but it smells. The activities are OK.

January 29, 2016

By Joe118141950

Brookdale is nice, and mother is getting used to it. The staff is accommodating. They have Bingo, they take them out to places, and to doctor’s appointments. Sometimes she liked the food, but sometimes she doesn’t.

October 27, 2015

My friend has improved a lot since she went to Brookdale. They give out her medications at the same time every day and give her therapy quite often, and she’s improving quite a bit. They have a doctor that goes there, so they don’t have to worry about going out to visit him. They have housekeeping, which is good. The dining room is very nice with a menu they get to read and order from with five choices for meals. The food is good, and they have two sittings.

February 16, 2015

I like the Emeritus at Bonita Springs due to the location, and the pool was better. The staff seemed very good. The rooms were small, and they must improve on the size of the rooms.

November 11, 2014

We went to Emeritus at Bonita Springs, and I really liked it there. I probably would have chosen it except they do not offer any memory care. I liked the location as it is very close to where I live. They were actually having an exercise class while we were there.

October 22, 2014

By Caring88082050

I love the setting at Emeritus. It has mature trees. There are plenty of covered portico spaces to sit outside and enjoy the sunset. We’re pleased with some of the staff. We’re pleased with some of the management, but have disagreements about the call button system. My husband and others wait for an hour or more before someone responds to a call, but we were told in our interview that it would be answered within 5 to 20 minutes. My husband has rung the bell hundreds of times, and either it’s a dead zone or they’re ignoring it. We find it very, very frustrating. My husband is able to move around on a scooter to the Promenade Mall just in front of the building, and he was able to go the Farmer’s Market on Saturday so it gives him a lot of opportunities. He participates in the chair-seated exercise group. They have it 6 mornings a week at 10:30am. They’re faithful about their weekly activities. They’ve opened a little store so that 3 days a week, people can go and buy dollar items or treasures they might like. He’s not a bingo person. He doesn’t play bridge. He doesn’t play poker, but those things are available so there are activities for 4 people. There’s a doctor there each Tuesday, and they have a dietitian and a hairdresser come in. They have churches provide pastoring on Thursday and Sunday. They do have a bus and they’ve taken scenic drives around Bonita Springs and up to Sun Harvest in Fort Myers. They had a longer trip to the Ringling Brothers Museum. They have a dinner club like dinner once a month that people can go out to a local spot. For someone in a wheelchair or someone who is weak, it’s hard because it’s a big place. Fortunately, his room is very close to the front lobby and to the physical therapy department. He has severe knee pain, and he has medication. Let’s say it should be given at 7, 1, and 7. The 7 o’clock pill might arrive at 8-8:30 so then they extend it out that many hours. One day they had such an erratic delivery schedule, the third pill came at midnight, and that is a very difficult thing to accept. He had some issues that he wants to talk about with the nurse but the nursing director is not as approachable as I would have hoped. Emeritus has a swimming pool, but it does not have a handicapped lift. It’s only for someone who can walk down the stairs. The layout is very wheelchair-friendly. It has very attractive lobbies and doors. Brookdale has taken over Emeritus, so the food has improved in quality. My husband has been pleased with the better quality of food at this point.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. By giving us your feedback, you are helping us to understand what we do well and what we need to focus on improving. Please be assured your feedback will be reviewed and used to help better serve our residents and their families.

September 27, 2014

By Jane90790450

We went to Emeritus at Bonita Springs and we loved that one, it was really nice. We really liked the atmosphere; we saw that the residents were out and about and doing things, which showed that they were happy there. It is homey, and the staff was really kind. They took the time and answered all our questions. They have all sorts of activities there, and they have something planned every day.

September 12, 2014

We chose Emeritus at Bonita Springs because it was closer to our home, so we would have easier access if my parents need any assistance. The rooms are actually fairly large; they're pretty good sized rooms. My parents are in a one-bedroom. The staff is fairly good, although I'm not thrilled with the dining room services. My parents are complaining that service is slow and food is not what it was when they moved in. In terms of activities, they have pool aerobics, cards, movies, things like that. My father-in-law plays poker. My mother-in-law goes to some of the music things that they have. Overall, the best thing about this one is to know that my parents are safe. However, they need to improve on the food and the service in the dining room.

August 13, 2014

Emeritus at Bonita Springs was too big; it was three stories and humongous, and they didn't seem to have any security. People can come in and get out of there. They have a back entrance and there was nobody at that entrance. There was that old people odor in the building the minute I walked in and that turned me off. The staff was able to address everything at that time; the person who took me around was very nice and very thorough and showed me everything, but I have almost made up my mind after I walked out of there. It was not the place for my husband. There's the huge size of the facility and the lack of security. I think they should have somebody stationed at that door.

July 19, 2014

By Ashley13

We put my father-in-law at Emeritus. It was nice and close by. It is all great; we have nothing but good things to say about it. My father-in-law loves his food. There are a lot of things for them to do there; however, he doesn't like to do any of them. There is swimming and they have a workout room. The residents looked happy and they seemed to be in good moods.

February 28, 2014

My husband is settled at Emeritus of Bonita Springs. He is doing quite well there. He is finding it to be quite satisfactory and he hasn't had any complaints. My first impression was that they were very good. We chose this because at the time, they had the room that I needed on the first floor. When something came available, they followed up immediately and the call came in exactly when I needed it. We did our negotiation and everything went fine. My husband was in there within four days because he was being discharged from the other place. The staff was very helpful to me. I believe my husband is satisfied with them too. He has been very satisfied with the care that is given. He feels that it is a good fit for his needs and he is becoming more independent since he has been there, which I'm very happy for. He has a studio apartment which we furnished ourselves. He has a hospital bed and a lift chair and he has his wheelchair there. The room is spacious enough to accommodate him and his needs. He does not complain about the food at all. He says it's very good. I have eaten there myself twice and it was very good. They have several activities and you can choose to join in or decline as you wish. They have several people coming in to entertain them, so it has been very nice.

February 01, 2014

By bonita1

Seems like a nice place.Staff was friendly,residents were happy and close to my home and my mothers.It was just a visit.If we decide that my mother is going to a assisted living facility this is the one that it will be.

December 27, 2013

By Billy6

They treat mom very well and she is very satisfied at Emeritus. They come get her and bang on the door in time so she doesn't miss her lunch or dinner. The girls who distribute the medication are always precise and on time. If there's more medication we need, they have it there on the spot. They have a lovely dining room. The people are nice and there are lots of activities.

September 27, 2013

By Janice20

I also looked at Emeritus at Bonita Springs and it was kind of shaded and I didn't felt warm when I visited there. It wasn't bad, but I didn't see the activities. I believe that it's important in a facility to be bright so that the residents would have the energy.

September 26, 2013

By Brenda19

I visited Emeritus at Bonita Springs and the place was very nice, very attractive and very modern. It felt like a home, more like a natural environment, but they were not able to accommodate the needs of my brother because he is a diabetic and he is just 58. They are very expensive. If they had been able to accommodate us, we probably would have accepted it.

July 13, 2012

By canadia71

I have visited Emeritus at Bonita Springs five or six times in the last few years. With each of my visits, the staff has always been courteous, professional and friendly to my grandmother and my family. They always have a smile or "hello" as we pass by in the hallway. The facility itself is very clean and attractive, as well as the entire property. The apartments I have seen are nicely-sized and have all the amenities she needs (full kitchen, washer/dryer). My grandmother talks often about how well she is treated there and about how much she likes the friends she has made there. The facility is located conveniently close to my parent's house, and is near a large shopping area. The dining rooms are spacious, and the food selection looks great to me, though my grandmother is extremely picky with food and doesn't seem to like any of the options. They also have a large pool on the property, but I haven't seen it up close yet. Overall, I've been very pleased with my visits so far.

Photos of Brookdale Bonita Springs

• Home Sale Assistance

• Licenses: Limited Nursing Services - LNS License

About Brookdale Bonita Springs

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Assisted Living Facility #9322

Our community offers Aging in Place -No matter what your care needs are, you won't have to move to a different apartment. We are located directly behind the Promenade shopping center. Surrounded by beautiful palm trees

Map of Brookdale Bonita Springs