Basecost

Availability

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Bloom at Bluffton

Bloom at Bluffton is a family-owned and operated assisted living and memory care establishment. Since 1965, our goal has been simple yet aspirational: to help our residents flourish. Entering a Bloom community does not mean checking your lifestyle or personality at the door. Residents continue to live life to its fullest potential, enjoying their favorite activities while discovering new ones, and blooming into their best selves through growth and discovery.

Bloom's personalized service and superior care enable residents to enjoy the privacy of home, combined with the security and convenience of assistance and a maintenance-free environment. This is provided in a vibrant and intimate setting, located on a private, 10-acre plot in the heart of Bluffton, South Carolina.

We are family owned and operated with nearly 50 years of experience. We focus upon resident centered care and residents can age in place since we offer various levels of care. We just completed a multi million dollar remodel.

Reviews of Bloom at Bluffton

Posted by Caring105293550 April 22, 2015

When I visited Bloom, they were wonderful, and the person that showed me around was very helpful and had been in contact a number of times to see if there was anything that they could do to assist me in making a decision.

It was furnished very nicely. It seemed to have a lot of different activities for people to do and some very nice common areas. They were very pleasant and helpful.

Posted by Caring103957850 April 03, 2015
4.0

Bloom was like a nursing home. It used to be Carolina House. My wife's mother and father were in the Carolina House when they were still alive, and then they both passed away. However, they were fine. We had no problems with them at all. We had a single room for her mother when she went down here first, and then when her father came down, they had a double room. They had a small kitchen -- no stove in it -- but it had like a microwave. It was screened in, where you could sit out on the porch. They had a lot of amenities going on. They had people do a lot of physical work. They used to paint little bird houses and stuff like that. It was a nice little community that they stayed in, and they both enjoyed it. The food was very good. You could eat in your room, or they could bring you to the dining room. They had a good variety. They had a barbershop there and a beauty shop for the women.

Posted by Caring103062250 February 28, 2015
3.0

Bloom at Bluffton was probably not the correct place for mom. She didn’t do well there. The staff was very nice. The rooms and apartments were fine and it was a very big room. The food was fine and the dining room was nice. They had people come in to speak, do exercises, singing, as well as arts and crafts. However, reaction time needs improvement and the ability to determine when somebody needs to go the hospital. I would recommend the facility if people were fully ambulatory or they can take care of themselves 100%.

Posted by Caring80345750 April 04, 2014

The Bloom was beautiful. They just won a huge award. It was professionally decorated. The people were very nice, and when I called back, they were sold out. I used to do a lot of decorating, and the biggest thing I noticed is that it had been professionally decorated, very tasteful.

Posted by Leaf2 September 26, 2013
4.0

I had mixed feelings about Bloom at Bluffton. Mom fell and we had to transfer her, so the staff didn't have enough experience with her for the brief period of time she was there. Now she's back at Bloom, but we've gotten a different doctor and they are more in-tuned with her needs. I kind of felt that when I am present, they would go bending over backwards to be extremely nice to mom. But my brother who lives in Bluffton visits her almost every day and tells me that they're always that nice.

I get nothing but good reports about them now. They are doing a very good job and the people that are there now know more about my mother. Her meds are being monitored and she's doing much better than she did before. She's doing well and we like the place now. To me, they have too many people in charge, but that's my perspective.

Location of Bloom at Bluffton

Features of Bloom at Bluffton

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Pharmacy
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: We have 24 hour nurses.
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft

• Minimum Memory Care Cost: 3,950

• Staff patient ratio: 8:1
  • Minimum age: 55

• Licenses: South Carolina

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Get Details