Bloom at Bluffton

800 Fording Island Rd., Bluffton, SC, 29910

Reviews of Bloom at Bluffton

June 17, 2016

By Care for Mom674564

Bloom at Bluffton is very good, and the people are very helpful there. My mom has a studio apartment which is all she can handle. She’s not that mobile anymore, so that’s perfect for her. It has a very nice little patio. They have a lot of activities and have a bus that takes people out a couple of days a week. She is not so mobile, so she is not participating with this kind of activity, but she is participating in all her meals and playing cards. They do flower arranging and crafts, and the activities director is very energetic and nice. They need a little maintenance, like replacing some carpeting and molding. The staff is very good. On weekends, they are understaffed, but the people who are there are wonderful.

February 21, 2016

By Rev. Charles Pollak

This unit has Assisted Living and Memory Care as well. It is beautiful facility and staff seemed unusually helpful and caring. It was spotlessly clean. The rooms are reasonably sized and there are options in size available. Residents furnish and decorate their own rooms. Best of all, there are no buy-in costs---all rooms are rented on a monthly basis. There also is a nearby facility under the same ownership called Bloom at Belair which is larger and may appeal to others as well. Based on what my wife and I saw, we would highly recommend either facility, and we have visited several others as well.

April 22, 2015

When I visited Bloom, they were wonderful, and the person that showed me around was very helpful and had been in contact a number of times to see if there was anything that they could do to assist me in making a decision. It was furnished very nicely. It seemed to have a lot of different activities for people to do and some very nice common areas. They were very pleasant and helpful.

April 03, 2015

Bloom was like a nursing home. It used to be Carolina House. My wife's mother and father were in the Carolina House when they were still alive, and then they both passed away. However, they were fine. We had no problems with them at all. We had a single room for her mother when she went down here first, and then when her father came down, they had a double room. They had a small kitchen -- no stove in it -- but it had like a microwave. It was screened in, where you could sit out on the porch. They had a lot of amenities going on. They had people do a lot of physical work. They used to paint little bird houses and stuff like that. It was a nice little community that they stayed in, and they both enjoyed it. The food was very good. You could eat in your room, or they could bring you to the dining room. They had a good variety. They had a barbershop there and a beauty shop for the women.

February 28, 2015

Bloom at Bluffton was probably not the correct place for mom. She didn’t do well there. The staff was very nice. The rooms and apartments were fine and it was a very big room. The food was fine and the dining room was nice. They had people come in to speak, do exercises, singing, as well as arts and crafts. However, reaction time needs improvement and the ability to determine when somebody needs to go the hospital. I would recommend the facility if people were fully ambulatory or they can take care of themselves 100%.

April 04, 2014

The Bloom was beautiful. They just won a huge award. It was professionally decorated. The people were very nice, and when I called back, they were sold out. I used to do a lot of decorating, and the biggest thing I noticed is that it had been professionally decorated, very tasteful.

September 26, 2013

By Leaf2

I had mixed feelings about Bloom at Bluffton. Mom fell and we had to transfer her, so the staff didn't have enough experience with her for the brief period of time she was there. Now she's back at Bloom, but we've gotten a different doctor and they are more in-tuned with her needs. I kind of felt that when I am present, they would go bending over backwards to be extremely nice to mom. But my brother who lives in Bluffton visits her almost every day and tells me that they're always that nice. I get nothing but good reports about them now. They are doing a very good job and the people that are there now know more about my mother. Her meds are being monitored and she's doing much better than she did before. She's doing well and we like the place now. To me, they have too many people in charge, but that's my perspective.

June 13, 2013

By Edna4

I visited Carolina House of Bluffton for my mother. It was a pretty nice facility. It looked really good. The staff were personable and nice. They also had a lot of activities for their residents They seemed to be happy being there and that's a good thing. I would recommend this place.

April 23, 2013

By caring0415113

I have no problem with Carolina House. I talked to them on the telephone and they basically answered all the questions I had. I used to be an administrator so I know what to look for. The place is really homey and nice. They just need to maintain the same level of care and services they have now.

June 10, 2011

By Kathy Deringer

I entered this cozy establishment to hear the cheers of residents playing "Pirates Booty Bingo". The staff were all engaged in the fun, and dressed as authentic pirates. We were greeted warmly, and invited to join in. The Administrator who was also dressed, bent down to look directly into the eyes of those in wheelchairs. The atmosphere was clean, and inviting. We passed the library to hear the soft coos of Diamond Doves, who I later found out were named "Chi Chi" and "Tyler" by the residents. The halls were easy to navigate, and I especially liked the fact that I didn't see people (both staff and residents), just sitting around in them. All in all, I was very pleased.

Photos of Bloom at Bluffton

Services & Amenities of Bloom at Bluffton

• Minimum Memory Cost: $3400/month

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Nurse On Staff: We Have 24 Hour Nurses.
  • Pharma

• Tai Chi

• Home Sale Assistance

• Staff Patient Ratio: 8:1

• Licenses: South Carolina
  • State Licenses: CRC-1381

About Bloom at Bluffton

Bloom at Bluffton is a family-owned and operated assisted living and memory care establishment. Since 1965, our goal has been simple yet aspirational: to help our residents flourish. Entering a Bloom community does not mean checking your lifestyle or personality at the door. Residents continue to live life to its fullest potential, enjoying their favorite activities while discovering new ones, and blooming into their best selves through growth and discovery.

Bloom's personalized service and superior care enable residents to enjoy the privacy of home, combined with the security and convenience of assistance and a maintenance-free environment. This is provided in a vibrant and intimate setting, located on a private, 10-acre plot in the heart of Bluffton, South Carolina.

We are family owned and operated with nearly 50 years of experience. We focus upon resident centered care and residents can age in place since we offer various levels of care. We just completed a multi million dollar remodel.

Map of Bloom at Bluffton