Reviews of The Parkway Senior Living
Dee435577 September 11, 2016
I am a friend or relative of a resident
My first impression with The Parkway was good, but as we went along, I found stuff that’s not good. Their nurses are not really good about charting, you can’t read it if they do, and you can’t get hold of a doctor when you need them. My husband’s room was very small; their food was nasty, but It was near my place.
ArthurUADOV June 10, 2016
I visited this facility
The Parkway was the first one we visited. The people were nice and I cannot complain about that, but the building had a cold feeling, and it was not the temperature. Since they’re a newer place, the price was a little higher than the other places I visited. They need decorations or something in the building to give it a warmer feeling.
Thank you for sharing feedback on your experience at The Parkway. We strive to create a welcoming, vibrant community and pride ourselves in offering a bustling event calendar, caring and hardworking staff, and friendly, outgoing residents. If you would like, please give us a call at 816-228-8866. One of our senior living counselors would love to speak to you about your tour so that we can continue to improve the experience for others.
Dee21 November 25, 2015
I visited this facility
We visited Parkway Senior Living. It's a brand-new facility, so it's very nice. The staff was nice as well, but it was too expensive for us. The rooms were very nice and include full kitchens. They also have a lot of activities going on all of the time. They have an open dining area with a nice layout where the residents can go any time.
RK1 October 29, 2015
I visited this facility
We didn't make an appointment or call any in. We happened to be in the area, so we just stopped in The Parkway. They were nice enough to talk to us. They gave us a very abbreviated tour. From what we were able to see, it was still a work in progress. There were constructions going on. It is a new place, and we liked it.
From The Parkway Senior Living
Welcome to The Parkway Senior Living
The Parkway is a Blue Springs, MO senior community that offers the full continuum of care, from Independent Living to Assisted Living and Memory Care. The Parkway of Blue Springs is the area’s first Continuum of Care senior living community, focusing on providing a home for life for every senior. Providing a holistic approach to senior housing, Continuum of Care communities allow you to remain in the community you’ve chosen, with the neighbors you know, and the staff you’ve come to trust.
The mission of The Parkway is to address the needs of senior citizens, no matter the level of care needed, in a beautiful and spacious environment that not only feels like home, it is home.
Offering housing for adults 55 and up, Independent Living provides a community with services and amenities for seniors, with limited care assistance offered.
The Parkway Independent Living will feature 76 apartments offering studios, one-bedroom and two-bedroom homes at an affordable price.
Each apartment will feature:
- A full kitchen
- Living space with functional table top counters to maximize space
- Bathroom with walk-in shower and grab bars
- Plenty of closet space with additional storage areas throughout
The community is an expansion of your home, providing plenty of space to entertain family and guests, or socialize with your neighbors.
- Theater Room: Enjoy a movie with freshly popped popcorn or impress your friends with your Wii skills.
- Men’s Lounge: Poker table and a classic feel makes this a perfect space for Friday night poker games.
- Demonstration Kitchen: Learn a new recipe during a cooking class or engage in a lively book club debate.
- Fitness Room: The fitness area provides a focus on preventative health and wellbeing. The space will have physician and care offices, dressing rooms, and equipment designed for seniors. We will also have an infinity pool specially designed with your needs in mind.
- Salon: Why go to the trouble of booking an appointment, driving to the beauty shop and waiting, when you can be pampered at home? A full-service salon with massage room and pedicure station means you get the attention you deserve without the hassle.
- Multi-Purpose Room: Residents, families or community members can reserve this space for meetings, lectures and group activities.
Providing licensed care assistance, nursing and a greater level of oversight, Assisted Living also offers a vibrant, social setting for seniors. Assisted Living nearly eliminates all the need to move to a nursing home when care needs increase. At The Parkway, residents only pay for the services that they want or need. This way you avoid the costly expense of tiered services or all-inclusive fees that other communities provide, which force residents and families to pay for services that are not used. All Parkway Assisted Living resident receives regular, thorough wellness visits from our Wellness Director, so no need goes unmet and no unnecessary charges are required.
Memory Care provides a safe, nurturing environment for residents with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia. Care and services are specially tailored to the needs of residents with cognitive impediments to encourage independence, wellbeing, and dignity.
Influenced by Alzheimer’s Association training and consulting, The Parkway has developed a neighborhood that is welcoming, comforting and provides the dignity and compassionate care that one suffering from dementia deserves.
Each private apartment is designed for the comfort of cognitively impaired residents, including walk-in showers, height-appropriate fixtures, and locking cabinets to protect residents from harm.The commons area features an open design throughout which Life Stations are placed to encourage purposeful wandering. Each Life Station is designed to engage residents through memories of rewarding tasks ingrained throughout their life, including an infant nursery for care and nurturing, wardrobe to promote grooming habits and self-worth, and work station for a sense of accomplishment.
A quiet Sitting Room provides a tranquil atmosphere for residents to relax, and the Spa Room provides a soothing whirlpool where residents with physical disabilities or anxieties can bathe and luxuriate.
We also welcome you to give us a call to speak to one of our friendly, dedicated senior living counselors. We are here to help you with your search for the right community, and look forward to assisting you with that endeavor. You will find our team is experts at moving and ways to help you finance your long-term care costs. They are available 7 days a week, including in the evenings, for your convenience.
What Makes Us Special
We are Blue Springs' only Continuum of Care Community. Our level 2 license in Assisted Living, true restaurant dining, and our state of the art and one of a kind safety features, with out a doubt set us apart.
Features of The Parkway Senior Living
Technology and entertainment
- Cable TV in resident's rooms
- Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas
- Medication Management
- Physical therapy
- 24 hour nurses: We have 24 hour nurses.
Room and housing options
- 1-bedroom apartments
- 2-bedroom apartments
- Studio apartments
- Beauty/Barber shop
- Computer room
- TV room
- Gardens/outside patio
- Parking for residents
- Transportation for residents (shuttle bus or similar)
- Coffee shop
- Shared space where residents can host parties
- Features extra: Theatre Room, Pool Table/ Men's Lounge, Community/ Craft Room, Library, 24 hour snack and beverage room
- Some residents have in-room kitchenettes
- Meals delivered to residents' rooms
- Meals in a shared dining room
- Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)
- Arts, woodworking, craft
- Organized offsite activities (outings, etc)
- Religious services
- Lectures and discussions
- Book clubs
- Wii sports competition
- Guests can attend meals
- Guests can stay overnight
- Ample parking for guests
- Laundry service for clothes
- Laundry service for linens
- Private services
- We charge monthly rent plus additional fees for specific care needs, as needed
- Monthly rent is all inclusive
- Minimum rate: $3,495/month
- Minimum memory care rate: $5,595/month
- We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
- We help families understand VA benefits
- We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living
- Minimum age: 55
Location of The Parkway Senior Living
Get Cost Information
Get full access to reviews, cost information, and amenities