Sunrise of Blue Bell

795 Penllyn Pike, Blue Bell, PA, 19422

Reviews of Sunrise of Blue Bell

October 22, 2016

By Elaine361168

I liked Sunrise of Blue Bell very much, but it was out of my price range. I did tell them that if they come down on the price, I'd be more than happy to bring my father there, but they couldn't meet that requirement. The staff is very polite and seemed very caring. When I got there, they were baking pies, and all the residents were downstairs getting ready to go to an activity. The caregivers knew all the residents by name. I could see them rubbing their backs to soothe them even when nothing was wrong. It's a great facility, but it's too expensive. They were doing exercise in the morning. They gave me an apple pie as a thank you for the visit. The dining room was clean, bright, and airy. The residents could see outside if it was snowing or raining, and it wasn't closed in. If you live in the area and you could afford it, it would be a great fit. The one thing I thought was a plus was they had a private dining room so that if you were to have a birthday party for a loved one, you can use that room --which is set up for about 20 people -- and I thought that was really nice.

July 12, 2016

By Kathy383840

Sunrise of Blue Bell was very nice, but I thought it was too far away for when the winter came or we had bad weather and I needed to go see her. They had things on different floors and a nice dining room. They also had a little bar area with a table where you could get together with friends or just sit and hang out. They had a different menu. I liked a lot of things about it. The staff was very nice. Everything was digital. They had like a screen on the wall as you went upstairs to each level. Whoever was on call, they could go there and bring up the person’s name. Everything was right at your touch, which nice. That way, you could update files really quickly. They had some nice amenities and a fire alarm system. It had some nice things about it, but their parking lot was really small. However, they were very nice. It was very nice there.

February 23, 2016

By Judy27870150

Sunrise was very good, but it didn’t have what my husband needed. It was great, but it doesn’t have medical people there or transition to nursing care.

January 21, 2016

By HappyDaughter32

I could not have chosen a better home for my Mother. The minute we toured we knew it was the perfect fit. She still maintains her independence, yet we know she is safe. A weight has been lifted off our shoulders knowing our Mother can age in place. She has made friends, enjoys the food, and basically has her own small apartments. 5 stars in my book.

October 30, 2015

By Sandy114959950

Sunrise of Blue Bell is very clean. My mom is very well-kept. The only thing that we have to do that we didn’t have to do before is supply gloves; they were always supplied at the other facility, but not at this facility. The rooms are bigger than where she was before and are clean. We also see the staff often, so I don’t have to hunt after them. There is always somebody on her floor if I ever have concerns. I would recommend the place. The door locks, and when it is locked, you have to ring a bell, call, and wait for somebody to let you in. Mom never smells.

June 20, 2015

Sunrise of Blue Bell seemed to me that they had people who were more limited. The person I visited was a friend of a friend. She had a single bed. It was very small. She also had a living room. There was a hallway, and the bathroom seemed adequate in size. I was not impressed. The dining area seemed nice enough.

January 12, 2015

By anonymous104292150

I was impressed with the Sunrise of Blue Bell. This was where I had hoped my daddy would go because I liked the whole spirit of the place. We took a tour, and he was very pleased with it, but then he said it was too far away. It was about an hour from where his house was. It was a very lovely place. They serve three meals a day. We had lunch there, and it was very good. The dining area was very nice.

January 01, 2015

By HappyCamp2

Beautiful neighborhoods, and a wonderful activities program. Every time I come to visit I pick up a sheet at the front desk that lists all of the activities my mom can participate in. I'm impressed with what they offer, and with how friendly the woman who runs things is. Mom is very happy!

August 27, 2014

By Susan91633850

Sunrise took very good care of my father-in-law. He had dementia and he was recovering from a broken hip, so he was in a sub-acute facility prior to going in there. When we got to Sunrise Blue Bell, within about two weeks of working with the therapist, he accomplished more without a wheelchair, walking with a walker and then even walking on his own, and he was 95 years old. He had other issues, and his heart was just weakening. The other difficult part was that he was incontinent and had a couple of infections as a result of catheterization. The last one turned into sepsis, and they were able to clear it off. But it did enough damage that his heart just couldn't hold out, so the cause of death was sepsis. But it proved that the antibiotic or whatever they had him on to clear up the sepsis worked. But as a result he had heart failure. The food was very good. The rooms and accommodations were very nice. They would be happy to lend you furniture if you need it, or you could bring your own. We hung pictures on the wall, we had a chair, and it had a nice little kitchenette. They actually had a lot of activities and a full calendar that was posted in the elevators. They would have people come in to do certain kinds of exercise. They had card games, movie nights, entertainment would come in, and they would sing. He didn't participate in all of that, but that's fine. He liked the people there; they liked him. He felt he was home, and I think I think that's the best comment I can give about the Sunrise. It's much more like home. It doesn't look like a facility. It's just more homey.

April 30, 2014

I visited Sunrise of Blue Bell, and I love this facility. It was very well-maintained. I like that the staff knew everybody by name. I like that there was a gathering place where people could relax and watch TV. Their rooms were perfect. They have a little kitchenette, but no stove. There was a mini fridge and sink. The dining area was very nice, but I didn’t notice the food.

April 22, 2014

Sunrise was very nice. The rooms were nice. I liked everything about that particular property. Lovely people. They have all kinds of activities. It's not that far away, so that's something I was looking for. It's close to my family and my kids. It had a lot of the features that I was looking for in an assisted living community. It's very centrally located. There are shopping centers and restaurants nearby and just about anything and everything you could want.

January 31, 2014

Sunrise of Bluebell was really my first choice. I like the facility a long time ago. I like the way it's laid out and I thought the people were nice. They are not the biggest room that you can find, but they are just fine for me. They are adequate. Their dining room is nice with lots of tables and chairs.

October 04, 2013

By Patricia38

We visited Sunrise at Blue Bell on a Sunday afternoon. Their staff was friendly. They had one-bedroom units, which were small. We also saw their activity room. However, there were no activities going on at that time.

September 25, 2013

By Barbara70587850

I find Sunrise of Blue Bell to be a very nice facility but very expensive for the average person. They do offer discounts if you are a veteran. They offer lots of activities for their clients. They offer a lot but again they are expensive.

August 11, 2013

My dad is at Sunrise at Bluebell. We found it because he was in a rehab facility and one of the social workers who worked there told us about it. His room is nice. The food is excellent. The problem is that there's not enough one-on-one for the patient and not everybody is helpful. The staff is pleasant. They do try to be helpful, but the aides are not that skilled; that's the problem. They should give them more skills and information on how to deal with patients. It took eight months until I got them to do everything the way he needed it done. I like it because it's small and homier.

We're sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience with our care team. Please know that we care deeply about the safety and well-being of our residents. Please contact us at information@sunriseseniorliving.com so that we can learn more. - The Sunrise Team

June 21, 2012

My aunt is currently in Sunrise of Blue Bell. She aunt is 93 years old and is on medication. We chose this community since it has a comfortable, homelike environment. The facility is clean and all the staff is nice. There are lots of different kinds of activities that they can participate in. They also have a restaurant-style dining experience for all to enjoy. It's really a beautiful place.

November 04, 2011

By Joodles

Thumbs up to a facility who truely treat their residents to a warm, homey, confortable environment. It doesn't take long in a visit to see the type of top notch care given. A large impression left on me was a gentleman who was early to the dining area for breakfast. Staff were in prep stages and he ws apparently upset about something going on in his life and looked agitaged. Elaine, the woman in charge of Marketing took it upon herself to go into the kitchen - not once, but three times to make sure he had the juice he really wanted WITH ICE, and then took the initiative to bring him a little pre-breakfast as she talked and teased with him to help lift his mood. Her actions were warm and caring.Also note, the living options are all lovely and offer a nice variety of layout and size. I noticed singles and some couples...but in the end...it just seemed like a big friendly neighborhood bunch! Impressive!

Photos of Sunrise of Blue Bell

• Low Fat
  • Low Salt
  • Renal

About Sunrise of Blue Bell

Overlooking a beautiful 18-hole private golf course, Sunrise of Blue Bell sits nestled in a beautiful suburban location blessed with horse trails and farms. We pride ourselves in our dedication to the quality of life of all our residents.

Services & Care Options Offered: - Assisted Living - Alzheimer's Care - Hospice - Home Care Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to insure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Map of Sunrise of Blue Bell