Brookdale Bloomington

3802 South Sare Road, Bloomington, IN, 47401

Reviews of Brookdale Bloomington

May 28, 2015

By Joseph41

Sterling House was very clean. The lady that worked me through this thing was very informative and helpful, and I enjoyed going through there very much. They had a studio, and they had a bedroom with that studio apartment. It was clean and well kept. Everything was perfect. They were having activities then I was there. They had a guy playing piano for them. The cleanliness was excellent.

May 13, 2015

By Kelly25

They were very helpful and explained everything to us. We absolutely probably would have wound up in Sterling House of Bloomington had the circumstances been different. The staff were very helpful. The rooms were very nice and clean. It was a nice facility. The dining room was a nice open area, and they had exercise, music, and games.

July 25, 2014

By Caring87201850

My mom ended up in Sterling House. That just fit her needs perfectly. She was moved there in March, and she has adapted fairly well. It's a little smaller, and it is also a much more controlled environment. We're hoping that if mom's dementia gets worse, we'll be able to adjust the kind of care she needs, and we won't have to move her. Sterling House is locked down. You can't get out unless somebody lets you out. The care has been very good. They've been very good to work with my sister who lives in that town. They have a lot of activities. They take them every week on Wednesday afternoons on a bus ride. They always stop for ice cream, so that lets them get out of the place if they want to and if they feel like it. Every Thursday, they either go to Kroger or Wal-Mart, and they alternate Thursdays. She is having her hair done. She's had the manicures. They have music. Mom has talked about a man and a woman that come in every other week, and they play a fiddle and a guitar. They do a jeopardy thing. I can go online and look at an activity calendar for the month. That's real helpful to me because I can see what kinds of things are available, and then I can call her a few days before and remind her. They have a very good activity director, and it seems to be very well-run. We have no complaints at all. The only thing she isn't real keen about is the food. She was used to eating pretty healthy. She doesn't eat hotdogs, and things like enchiladas, but they have alternatives. One of the bigger things that she's had to get adjusted to, is that the portion size is not quite what she was used to. The salads are in a smaller portion than she's used to getting when she used to eat out. We were real lucky that they had a room that was available in a real short notice. She has her own tiny little apartment. It has a kitchen, a little bedroom, and a big bathroom. We've been able to take some of her furniture from her house down there, so that's been really good.

March 28, 2014

I live in an assisted home now at Sterling House of Bloomington. I have been here for almost three years now. Regarding the staff, they haven't had enough help since last fall, so that makes everything run late. Nevertheless, they treat me fine, and I get along fine with them. I have a private apartment, which is too small. They also don't have enough activities. Most of them are geared towards people who can't do much of anything. They have their exercises, but when it comes to playing cards, we play Uno and Crazy Eight, which are children's games. Regarding food, it is better than any place I have ever been. They of course have to follow what the Health Department tells them to serve, but other than that, it is edible. They also have a nice dining room. We each have our own seat.

February 28, 2014

By Gail20

We liked Sterling House. It had a very home like setting and they had everything there. They were above and beyond and they were five stars all the way around from the food, to the staff, to the room. It was excellent. They had activities like bingo, theater, cards, crafts and they took them out shopping. We wouldn't have even looked anywhere else. However, we were just not able to pick it for my grandmother because her insurance wouldn't cover it as it is an assisted living only and not skilled nursing.

September 29, 2011

By BloomingtonGal721

The Sterling House in Bloomington, Indiana seems to be a great assisted-living facility. Residents of the facility range in degrees of required care, but those who are up and able to be about on their own seem to be content. The dining facilities are what impressed me most. The atmosphere doesn't feel clinical or cafeteria-like. The tables are dressed with actual linens and the area is decorated nicely to reflect a high level of personal taste. Residents are able to enjoy their own activities in their rooms and have things the way they want them. If they want to display a doll collection or a favorite quilt, they can. If I remember right, there were also areas that allowed residents to visit in small groups, read or watch TV. As with any facility like this, some residents did look bored and some seemed in too poor of health to be there, but that goes with anyplace like this. Most staff seemed helpful and engaged.

Photos of Brookdale Bloomington

• Staff Patient Ratio: 7 To 1
  • Minimum Age: 65 In Most Circumstances

• Licenses: yes-Residential Care

About Brookdale Bloomington

Brookdale Bloomington provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale Bloomington