Alden Gardens of Bloomingdale

285 East Army Trail Road, Bloomingdale, IL, 60108

Reviews of Alden Gardens of Bloomingdale

Elaine8 May 14, 2013

Alden Gardens of Bloomingdale was bright, clean and really pretty. The residents who lived there did not look like they were on assisted living because they were healthier and well put-up.

mosaicflower February 12, 2013

My mother currently resides there. Most of the staff is superb. The director who is currently Mr. Anderson is a bully who scares the residents into doing what he wants them to do "and if you don't like it leave" is what he tells residents and family members who complain. Go some where else, anywhere else until the director this director is removed. Talk to Glen Oaks hospital and Bloomingdale police department they know him all to well. The Alden Network will do nothing! We have complained by phone, letters and with the state and they won't even take a meeting with us, they send all complaints back to Mr. Anderson to deal with.

rn5399 February 11, 2013

My sister moved from a horrible dirty dingy litttle apartment to a lovely airy spacious studio, with private washroom/shower. Refrigerator and microwave if she feels like eating in her studio. Otherwise the meals in the DR are generally very nice, great selection and variety. Some people complain, but some complain about everything anyway. They are cooking for a very large crowd, and I think they do a pretty darned good job. The facility is very clean. There are numerous rooms/areas where people can sit and read to be alone, or gather with others to converse or play games.

kittykat1 November 21, 2012

I think that the place is way under staffed. There is never enough people to take care of the residents. I feel that every time I go there that the staff is lazy and work very slow. No one seems to care about the well being of the residents. The dr's dont care about the residents either. Ordering meds for my family member when they have never even met my family member?

Linus Chang January 31, 2012

My grandmother lived here for ten months, and I honestly wish she could have been there for much longer. The building is new (constructed two years ago) and really clean. The first floor is the heart of the building, with the dining room, library, and activity rooms. Family can join residents for meals for $5 a person. The food is hit-or-miss (usually miss), but it is nice to be able to sit down over a meal. The CNAs and staff are quite friendly. They are good about administering medicines when requested, and just helping out as needed. Unfortunately, my grandmother has dementia and thought they were ordering her around and spying on her. The dementia is also why my grandmother is no longer in assisted living.There does seem to be a lack of communication between the assisted living facility and the nursing home next door. In our case, we received a number of conflicting messages that frustrated us. I would recommend (especially if you have POA) communicating by e-mail, especially with the administration. I'm not blaming the administrators, but I think things could have been clearer along the way.

About Alden Gardens of Bloomingdale

Alden Gardens of Bloomingdale is an assisted living facility in Bloomingdale, IL that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Alden Gardens of Bloomingdale for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of Alden Gardens of Bloomingdale