Job Haines Home

250 Bloomfield Avenue, Bloomfield, NJ, 07003

Reviews of Job Haines Home

Al M.1 April 25, 2014

My aunt has been a resident for 3 years. The care she has received at Job Haines has been excellent. The staff is very caring and shows my aunt much compassion and understanding in helping her in her every day living.

airey17 July 24, 2012

Going into the facility I was sure I was going to see the typical things many expect when going into an assisted living facility. I must say I was quite suprised. Upon walking in the lobby seems very spacious and I didn't notice the smell one senses when walking into a senior building. Next we got to tour the facility and I loved how the building is constructed to give their residents tons of activities to do and places to go. They had libraries on every floor with enough books that you'll never finish all of them. What suprised me more was they even had their own built in hair salon for the women to get their hair done. It was funny because one of the residents I was speaking with cut our conversation short because she had a hair appointment. I noticed that the residents there seem very happy and well taken care of. I got a chance to look at some of the rooms, and they look alot better than my dorm room I must say. Residents have their own bathroom and a spacious room that they can decorate how they like. The best part of my experience though was watching the interaction between the staff and residents. The staff works very hard to make the residents happy and didn't seem unpleasant or as if they were just there to get a paycheck. They seem as if they actually care. No matter how busy they could be they always found time to just sit down with the residents and have a conversation with them. For that it made the facility not just seem like a retirement building but a home, a community, a place that I myself wouldn't mind living in when I get older.

purpledolphin May 13, 2011

Visited this facility

Although the Job Haines home is in a really urban area, I was pleasantly surprised to find that it has beautiful architecture and kind of a country feel, with plenty of available parking. They also have some nice, landscaped outdoor areas for the residents to enjoy.

Inside, everything was clean and friendly, with a seating where you first come in, and a nice dining room with a big grandfather clock. The residents all looked clean and well cared for, and were very outgoing and friendly to me. I got there when religious services were supposed to be going on in a bright sunny activity room, but the minister was late. One sweet, innovative staff member rose to the occasion by starting a game of bible trivia with the residents who were sitting there waiting for services. She definitely saved the day by keeping everyone happy and interested.

About Job Haines Home

Job Haines Home is an assisted living facility in Bloomfield, NJ that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Job Haines Home for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Job Haines Home

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Skilled nursing
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: We have 24 hour nurses.
  • Hospice care

• Housing extra: Shared living
  • Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• General store
  • Features extra: Have a cafe, activity room, 24 hour security, emergency response system

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Activities extra: Interaction with staff and intergenerational activities, holiday parties, wine and cheese socials, manicures, women's and men's club, movies

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer 4 levels of care and have separate fees if someone only needs medication administration

• Pets: No pets allowed
  • Staff patient ratio: AL 6:1, NU 5:1
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: Minimum age: 65

• Licenses: For both AL & NU New Jersey Department of Health

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits