Brookdale University Park

400 University Park Dr., Birmingham, AL, 35209

Reviews of Brookdale University Park

Anonymous Lady2 October 29, 2015

Brookdale University Park was a very nice facility, and the person that interviewed us was great. She was very nice.

Linda R. October 29, 2015

We had an excellent visit at Brookdale University. Their representative met with me and gave me a little tour of the facility. The people that I interacted with were really gracious and listened when I was questions. I was extremely impressed with the place. It's very upbeat but very quiet, as well. They have a lot of activities going on, and if I was going to move my aunt, I would choose this place. The room they showed me was very nice and quiet. It smelled good. It had a little kitchenette, and it was very pleasant. I did walk through the dining area, and it was very attractive and very nice as well.

Caring105092350 April 20, 2015

I have settled at Brookdale University Park, and I am very happy here. This is a lovely place, and I would recommend it highly. The staff is fabulous, and they know us by name. They are also very efficient. The marketing people are also very good. My room is lovely, and I am very happy with it. The dining room is lovely, and the food is good. They have lots of activities. They have exercise, Tai-chi, crossword puzzles, and spelling bees. They have entertainment in the evening. They try to keep you busy.

Caring102482150 December 03, 2014

It was very nice, but he chose one closer to his home. Everything was wonderful. The staff that I saw seemed very nice. The activity calendar looked good. They had different musicians come in to perform, different games, different gatherings for men and women, and outings. I did not get to eat there, but the plate looked like it was a well-rounded meal. I did notice that sometimes it took for them a while to get to the residents to see what they needed.

Heather14 November 30, 2014

We saw Brookdale Place. It was absolutely gorgeous. That was, by far, my mother’s favorite choice of all the ones in our city. It was extremely clean, and the interior was very immaculate, very nice furnishings. The people were super nice. The dining room was very, very nice. If she went into a senior home, that is where she would love to go. The people that we toured with were caring, and they knew their stuff. It was a really good experience. I would highly recommend it.

Linda102310350 November 29, 2014

I wanted to live at Brookdale Place University Park, but it's expensive. My friends who have moved in the community are very happy with the place. They have activities, and they go on trips. They also take the residents to different programs in the University.

Emma7 June 28, 2013

The rooms and the people in Brookdale Senior Living were nice.

Lynn14 June 19, 2013

The Clare Bridge unit of Brookdale Place is like a house but it's very nice and all the residents seemed very happy. The atmosphere was very nice and home like and the facilities were very clean. The staff were very good, not as hurried and they interact a lot with the residents.

Caring1142 April 30, 2013

I visited Brookdale Place several times. It was excellent. The staff members were impressive. Their credentials were excellent. Most of them had Master's Degrees in their specific field. Their dementia unit had a nurse that had a PhD.

The facility's location was also convenient to get to. It was in the nicer sections of Birmingham. The apartments were very nice, with very reasonable rates. You could have a 3 bedroom apartment, which looked brand new even if it had been there for a while. The grounds were well-kept. The lobby and the entrance into the facility were very nice. They had a good number of computers. They had a lot more activities compared to the other facility where we may move my mom into. Brookdale had a better set up for the residents when they're coming and going. They had a separate area at the desk at all times. They had sitters on site.

The food was wonderful. The dining room was very elegant. It also had linen table cloths, chandeliers and crystals. The facility also offered services like getting a resident's lunch to his or her room if he or she doesn't feel like coming to eat in the dining room.

I would recommend this facility to anyone. In fact, I have already recommended it to other people.

CarolU December 29, 2012

We found a great facility in Birmingham; it's Brookdale Place. My father is doing real well. He's in the Clare Bridge Unit and he's doing really great. I helped him set up his room and got him situated. He's done much better and he's in better shape. My father didn't adjust very well during the first week, but I guess you would expect that. He was scared and he was mad. But he has settled down and after about 10 days he started doing really well and they started working with him. The staff was very kind, friendly, and helpful. The place is clean, and my mother feels comfortable going there to see him.

However, the only thing that I found while I was up there was the first weekend we put him in, they seem to be short staffed and not exactly organized but that straightened up and there was a shortage of women. So I was a little worried. I've voiced my concerns, and since then I think things have been all right. The staff puts him in a wheelchair and wheels him outside every day which he loves. The view out of the window is beautiful, you can see the birds feeding, and trees, grass and flowers. He was enthralled with the place. He just love it! I couldn't imagine finding any better place to put your father. He gets lonely sometimes, and he was used to having my mother with him all the time. Other than that, I think he's just done amazingly well.

bajatoa December 08, 2011

My experience in this nursing facility was great. They treated every person with care. Everybody that lives there looked happy to be there. The place was very clean and organized and the employees were very cooperative with me visiting the nursing facility. On my first visit, I was impressed with the warm, comfortable furnishing of the nursing home. My first visit was kind of difficult because I am not used to seeing that many old people in one place. But once again they all looked happy to be there so it was easy to get over it. There was always an employee helping someone that needs help. They most impressing thing was how almost every day the residents will meet up in the lobby and talk about life. That seemed to me like the place was giving them life again. The first aide my grandfather had was wonderful, intelligent and sensitive. But after we found out that he couldn't go home they found him a personal one.

From Brookdale University Park

Brookdale University Park provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Brookdale Living's Birmingham, AL community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional independent and assisted living services, amenities, and opportunities we offer. And, the residents at Brookdale Place University Park can rest assured that as their needs change, we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Optimum Life® and Celebrations provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of the residents of this independent and assisted living community, their families, and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self-discovery including services, features, and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life®, the mission of Brookdale Place University Park is to encourage our independent and assisted living residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar at Brookdale Living's Birmingham, AL community with themed experiences, special events, and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Features of Brookdale University Park