Brookdale Biloxi

2120 Enterprise Dr., Biloxi, MS, 39531

Reviews of Brookdale Biloxi

Caring110121850 July 04, 2015

The people were very nice. Everything was lovely, but it just wasn't for me. I just wasn't ready for that kind of thing. I still like doing my own cooking and all of that, and they didn't have that. It really just wasn't for me. Brookdale Biloxi was a lovely place, and the rooms were nice although a little bit small.

Patricia107505050 June 08, 2015

I choose Brookdale Biloxi for my sister because I am impressed with the staff. I really like everybody that I meet. They seem very friendly and very caring. Also, I am able to find a three-bedroom apartment where my sister only uses one room, so she shares the three bedroom apartment with two other residents, and that works out really well for her. I have lunch with my sister there, and the food is OK. They have different activities. One thing that my sister participates in that she enjoys is when they play trivia in the morning. The thing that I like for her is the fact that they can bring her to appointments, Walmart and places like that, and also to doctor visits.

Caring103175450 February 28, 2015

We chose Emeritus at Biloxi for my mother-in-law. For one thing, it has the availability, and we like everything about it. The apartment that's available is really a nice corner room. The staff was great during our visit. However, now that she is there, she is having some issues. Her daughter tells us that they are not helping her with her bath, and we don't know whether she will not let them or whether she is not bathing. As a matter fact, my husband had to call in for 2 days for a girl to call back this afternoon to find out if she in fact will not let her bathe her or if they are bathing her and she is just saying they are not. I cannot give it a 5 because of that issue. However, my experience with them has been great. I think it is a wonderful facility.

Caring1343 August 27, 2014

I moved my mom into Emeritus at Biloxi. I thought they were very friendly. It was a bigger facility, and the rooms were more for people with walkers and wheelchairs, and my mom was using a walker at the time she went in and then went to a wheelchair. They have Bingo and gatherings where they can have soda and orders, so it is more lifelike for her there and she doesn't get bored. The thing that they don't do is they don't knock on your door if you don't go to an activity. She has missed a couple of meals because she went to sleep and nobody knocked on the door to say, "Are you coming for a meal?" If you don't show up, they don't come and look for you. You have to be self-motivated to do anything. There are so many people that they can't always track them. I feel that they should always track them or my mom if she doesn't show up for something, for meals especially. But they are very quick to respond if she pushes the button, so that is good. But if she wanted to just sit in the room, she could just sit in the room and nobody would ever come and check on her. I ended up hiring a woman for an hour a day to stop five or six times a day in her room just to see if she needed anything because I didn't feel that the staff would ask her if she needed something. You have to be able to walk and do your own thing, since they are not going to push the wheelchair. I really don't like that either.

Jean91849050 August 15, 2014

I went and look at some other facilities and they were okay. However, when we went to Emeritus, the manager, John, knew every single residents by name when he was showing us around. They had a good price and the place is just awesome. I like it. The staff is great. When I couldn't get in touch with my mother, I called them and they called me back within 10 minutes. The rooms are great; they are big. The bathrooms are awesome. They are just really terrific. My mother is in a studio. The place is clean. They come in once a week and clean her room. They clean everything. They take her trash out everyday. If you don't feel well, they will bring your breakfast, lunch, or dinner to you wherever you're located. Everybody is extremely nice. They have something going on every single day for the residents. They take them out every Wednesday for those who wish to go offsite. They have a service where they bring them to the doctors and stuff like that. My mom loves the food there. She said they have awesome food. They get two choices for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. What I like best about this facility is the price. They were cheaper than everybody else. Also I like the attention they give to the residents.

Wellness Advocate June 11, 2014

Before my parents moved into Emeritus, the pitch was all about what we can do for you and how life would be so much easier. After they got there, it was about what they don't do. We're not sitters, we don't do wound care, etc. etc. Actually many problems could be resolved if they gave you guidelines before they came, like a list of what they needed to bring, the information on exactly what they needed from the Doctor to administer medications, how things work around there so that you know how to access the services that are there, etc. When I tried to resolve problems that they brought to my attention, it felt like they were blocking me at every turn. I still had to be the one to call the Dr. about issues that would have been much better for them to take care of. Shortly we ended up needing almost 24 hr caregivers. So in less than 3 months we brought them home and hired caregivers. It was not all bad. There were many positives also. Many kind and well-trained care givers, but a lot of turnover in staff. If this is representive of Assisted living, then I only recomend it for those people who are well and take care of themselves with almost no assistance, but they are tired of taking care of the yard, house, and cooking, or feel lonely or isolated and would benefit from being around people.

Phyllis27 April 26, 2014

My husband's uncle is in Emeritus at Biloxi because that is where he wanted to go. He is happy as he can be. He says he feels like he is living in a resort. I am really pleased with everyone over there. Everyone is extremely nice and happy. They are interacting constantly with the seniors. They are playing games. They have happy hour, where they serve beer and wine. He has not played blackjack before, but he won a couple of days ago, and his prize for winning is he will go the casino and eat in the buffet for free. He loves his room and he loves the whole thing.

Albert2 July 31, 2013

I did talk to a lady in their office and she told me the things that were available and not too much more than that. She was a very nice lady and the facility looked clean. However, in Emeritus if there's a hurricane, they had to move you to another location and we didn't want to do that.

Helena6 June 26, 2013

Emeritus at Biloxi was a beautiful place and I liked it very much. The rooms were very nice. The dining hall was spacious and pretty and the food smelled good.

Caring 9732 April 16, 2013

We visited The Emeritus at Biloxi for my mom. The people were very nice. It seemed like a very cozy and friendly place. We didn't touch the food or anything like that, but they have 3 meals a day, plus snacks. They had somebody available that could take care of her medication needs. It's not a bad place at all, but our biggest drawback was the price, but none of the facilities in this area are affordable.

Annie9 March 27, 2013

I was with another lady when I toured Emeritus, and I didn't have an opportunity to look around. As far as I know it's clean and didn't smell. I'm very careful about that; I can't stand it. The residents seemed okay to me.

pete1 July 11, 2012

I have a grandfather at the facility who has forgotten to take his medication. He would walk away from the home and forget where he lived and why his children were in his home. Since the family agreed to the fact that he needed the time and care we could not provide and all of our emotions were all over the place regarding his safety. we chose this facility and it is the best place i have seen. My grandfather has come along way with his memory and his functions. He no longer wonders away. He knows where he is and is happy to make new friends and schedule the activities with these new found friends. and if he forgets any thing the staff is there to help day or night.

R595 June 01, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

My grandmother began to do things like forget to turn the stove off and once ended up in the e.r. because she accidntly took to much medication. I was so relieved when I found Loyalton of Biloxi. The staff were very caring knowing my that she did not want to leave her home. The staff did everything they could to make her feel comfortable. It did not take long at all before she was going to activities and telling me about and introducing me to her new friends. She has been very happy there for the past 7 months. I have been comforted by the fact that I don't have to worry about her safety all the time. The only problem I had is the night staff tends to be a little cranky. Not mean just cranky about things like giving medicine and visitors and stuff. Over all I would recommend it to anyone who is in need of it.

From Brookdale Biloxi

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Location of Brookdale Biloxi