Landmark at Oceanview Assisted Living

Overview of Ratings

3.9

July 17, 2015

By ssminoe

My family member has lived at OceanView for some time. They have received great care from the staff, they really care about the residents. The aides, nurses, housekeeping staff are wonderfull! But...There have been alot of changes over the past year and things are just not the same. The Executive Director and the Nursing Director left, among others... the building is run down, it needs updating, fixing. Stained, broken furniture, Tattered rugs, and is constantly leaking. With what my family and all the other families pay for rent, the company should be able to afford to make sure the roof isn't leaking! When we looked at places we decided on Oceanview because of the staff, its reputation, its homey feel and their contract with the pace program. We now hear through the grape vine, not by the Executive Director.... that the Pace program is no longer available! Yes, they don't even have the decency to notify us of such a change formally! Who is running this show? So what will happen when we can't afford for her to live there anymore? We were promised! BUYER BEWARE! THINK TWICE BEFORE MOVING INTO OCEANVIEW! I wish we had.

Landmark is committed to providing caring and committed staff that are well trained and dedicated so we are happy to hear that your family member has received great care from the staff at OceanView! Landmark has recently began making many improvements at OceanView to give it a fresh new look, while maintaining its historic appeal. We are excited to begin with new furniture, rugs, painting, décor and many other updates that we are sure our residents will be pleased with. We’ll try to limit any disruptions to our residents during this process and we’ll keep everyone well informed of our progress. We’re sure you’ll be impressed! Paying for senior living can be challenging for some residents once they have spent down assets. Landmark offers companion suite apartments which can lower the monthly fee for residents by over $1,000 each month. The Veteran Aid and Attendance Benefit can also be applied for and used to pay toward senior living costs. Please reach out to the Marketing Director at your community to see if your loved one qualifies.

July 04, 2015

I didn't like Landmark at Overview at all. It was depressing for me. It didn't seem like a happy place; it was old and needed to be refurbished. I actually saw the people when they were eating -- and I am talking about the memory care part of it -- and I don't know, but I would not want to be there or put anybody there. This is where I talked to a senior person who was sitting outside. He was really sad, and he said I am only here because I have to be; nobody's taking care of me. He wasn't a very happy person.

Landmark at OceanView is a beautifully restored historic building in downtown Beverly. Our residents and their families enjoy the building and the fact that it represents a true Landmark in their community. While the community does not have state-of-the-art technology, we are modern yet homey, and our penthouse deck overlooking the ocean is second to none! Annual survey results indicate that our residents and their families are truly happy living at OceanView. They feel well cared for and respected, and enjoy engaging in the activities and outings. Our memory care program is staffed with a well trained and caring team who,for over 15 years, have been putting smiles on the residents' faces and sense of purpose into their daily life. We are truly sorry that you may have encountered a resident who at the time did not appear to be happy, but we invite you back for lunch and an opportunity to spend some time with the residents and experience the true nature of our amazing community. Please feel free to call us at 978-927-4227!

August 29, 2014

I was able to visit Landmark at Oceanview. It's clean, quiet, attractive, and well kept. I like that it has a homey feeling to it. I saw their dining area and it looked nice. The staff were very friendly and informative.

May 10, 2014

I was impressed with Landmark. I liked the way it looked. It was homey; it had a lot of character. It didn't look like a hospital or an institution of any kind. The rooms were spacious. There was a good selection of different sizes. The building is a renovated school that was originally built in the 1800s. They've done a beautiful job with it. The director was very nice and very helpful and gave me her personal cell number if I needed anything. I would recommend going to look at it.

May 14, 2012

By nursemass

Landmark at Oceanview is an assisted living facility located in Beverly, MA. Beverly is a town in the northshore are of Boston that has an above average safety rating. I visited this facility last year to check on a senior resident. The Landmark is a big brick building located in downtown area of Beverly. Shops, churches, library, restaurants and movie theatre are located 5 to 10 minutes from the facility. Senior residents' apartments are spacious with oversized windows that offer a breathtaking view of Beverly and the ocean. Trained staff members are available to assist seniors with activities of daily living. The staff was friendly and helpful and seemed to have a close relationship with senior residents. I would recommend Landmark to a senior who is still leads an active life and likes living in the city.

Let Us Search For You

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Activities Extra: Computer Class

• Home Sale Assistance

About Landmark at Oceanview

The Landmark at Oceanview is a dynamic senior residence situated in the heart of downtown Beverly. Renovated from the historic Briscoe School, it is just steps away from all the picturesque downtown area has to offer. Houses of worship, shops, the public library, a movie theatre, restaurants, and the YMCA are all close by. Sunlight streams through the oversized windows in studio, studio alcove, one bedroom, and two bedroom apartments. Every apartment includes a kitchenette, private bath, and the emergency call system. All residents enjoy a free YMCA membership and can participate in Landmark at Oceanview's exciting new Inter Generational Programs. The penthouse boasts a large common area with game tables, stereo system, a large screen television, and the beautiful Briscoe dining room which, with its large windows offers a breathtaking, panoramic view of the Atlantic Ocean.

Map of Landmark at Oceanview