Sunrise of Bellevue

15928 NE 8th Street, Bellevue, WA, 98008

Reviews of Sunrise of Bellevue

Stephanie34 June 30, 2015

I really liked Sunrise of Bellevue. It was not too fancy, but it was not too old either. It didn't look like one of the things my mother didn't want. She didn't want to feel like she was placed in a nursing home, and she didn't want to lose her independence; part of that was being somewhere that wouldn't made her feel old. Sunrise of Bellevue was perfect. It was like modern, but comfortable for my grandma.

I was not sure about their activities, but when we came, someone was having a 100th birthday party, and that was really cool. The room was adequate. I remembered everything being in good quality and looking good.

Susie H June 16, 2015

My mother has been at Sunrise of Bellevue for a month now. When I first took her there, she immediately had a really good feeling about it. They have a lot of great activities. She is in a really good transition. It is absolutely immaculate inside and out. They take wonderful care of the grounds. They have a garden area where people can plant their own garden. They also have lovely sitting areas outside. The inside is as clean as it can be. They have light housekeeping everyday in the individual rooms. She has a large studio apartment with an adequately sized bathroom. The food has been great. They serve really healthy meals. I cannot say a negative thing about it. I feel strongly that they are very attentive to the residents. She has been doing so much better than she was doing in her own home.

Alex13 December 02, 2014

My mom is at Sunrise. Everything is just fine. She is enjoying herself. She is getting used to this community. The apartments are very nice. Their staff is friendly. The food is pretty good. My mom doesn't have any complaints about it. Regarding activities, my mom seems to be active. She is taking part in the activities that they have going on. What stands out to me about this place is that it is like a great big home. They've got it set up so that it is like home.

Kerry5 June 16, 2014

Sunrise was all right. The staff treated me well. The rooms were good. I had lunch there. The food was great. It seemed very secure. They were going out to go to a mall when I was there.

Phil8 March 28, 2014

My wife is at Sunrise of Bellevue. We looked all the ones around here, and that was the best one. It is a very friendly and very nice place. There are a lot of activities. The staff is very patient, very friendly, and very nice. The rooms there are fine. They are large, very nice, and very clean. Food is very good. They have a bistro there like a big restaurant, yet they have individual eating places in various part of the facility.

caring23792350 January 30, 2014

Sunrise was clean and more organized. It had a facility for handling dementia patients. Everybody looked friendly and all the marketing people were very nice. The dementia care patients were in a locked down area.

Caring74721350 November 27, 2013

Sunrise was nice. It was more of like a grandmother's home. The staff was friendly. It was just the one that my mom is right now was a better fit for her.

Lori16 October 28, 2013

My mom ultimately picked Sunrise over others. She likes this place. Everything is great there. I think the staff is awesome. They really care about the people there. They're working very hard to get my mom back involved in doing things. I like them. They also have tons of activities for their residents. Their rooms are fine and very comfortable. The food is great. I would recommend people to go there and check them out.

XenaRose February 24, 2012

My Grandfather stayed at this facility two years ago. After looking in the area for a safe place after his stroke, we chose Sunrise for several reasons. The staff seemed caring and actually interested in his welfare. The process for admission wasn't too difficult and he was settled in to a two room suite. It was actually fairly roomy and after the furniture was moved in, it became a homey place. He enjoyed it for awhile but ultimately, we decided to move him. The Staff turned out to be caring and generally good, but he required more care than was appropriate for an assisted living facility. I felt the facility was good but probably could have used more activities that were not "nursing home" oriented. TV and movie days with popcorn only go so far. Activities that were more complicated and engaging would have been beneficial to the residents there. The facility is clean and I felt welcome when I visited him.

From Sunrise of Bellevue

Located in Bellevue behind Crossroads Shopping Center, Sunrise of Bellevue is ideally situated on a quiet cul de sac - bordered by a park, community center, shops, restaurants and theaters. We pride ourselves in our tradition of excellence and compassion in meeting changing care needs. We also offer weekly nurse practitioner visits, support groups, lots of activities, transportation, great food and a loving staff. Residents at Sunrise enjoy the dignity of freedom and independence matched with the peace of mind that comes from knowing that care is always there, as they need it.

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Features of Sunrise of Bellevue

• Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Golf
  • 24-hour security gate
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Fitness Room/Gym

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• Staff patient ratio: 5 to 1 (Memory Care) - 10 to 1 (AL)
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)

• Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): 2163