Cedar Woods Assisted Living

44401 I-94 S. Service Drive, Belleville, MI, 48111

Reviews of Cedar Woods Assisted Living

June 02, 2017

By j-allen

My father is very comfortable here at Cedar Woods Assisted Living facility. The memory care residents are cared for and loved by the staff who is nothing but friendly. Cedar Woods is an assisted living home unlike any other I have researched for my father and I can honestly say I wouldn't be comfortable with him living anywhere else!

May 31, 2017

By care271012

Cedar Woods was OK, but I didn't like the fact that they put four people in a room together for $2200 apiece. It was like a concentration camp. The staff was very nice, but the living situation was the worst. The beds looked like cots, and there are 2 people on each side of the room. That was too many people in one room for the amount of money they were asking for. They were doing some renovations, but throughout it was just like an old nursing home that they're charging a lot of money for. It was clean though.

May 27, 2017

By whitney-a

My Father is very happy at Cedar Woods. The staff is very friendly and my dad is very comfortable claiming it truly brings an at home feeling to him. There have been multiple updates to the facility making Cedar Woods the best possible fit for my him. I have searched everywhere and no price or service compares to what Cedar Woods brings to the table!

May 24, 2017

By j-abrigo

My mother is very comfortable with her stay here at Cedar Woods. The staff is very friendly and it is clear that everyone there truly cares about the well being of my mother. I am extremely impressed with the major upgrades that have been done including the new theater room which my mother really enjoys having. I have checked all over and no place compares to Cedar Woods for the work they do, the care they have, and the price they offer.

May 23, 2017

By nancy424

Very Clean and Friendly Staff. I love the upgrades being made. My Mom is very comfortable.

May 20, 2017

By j-g-smith

Wow! all the upgrades are high end. I seen the Movie Theater and I went on a tour that shows the upcoming renovation for the activity rooms, and bedrooms. I must say that the price is unbeatable! My Uncle and Aunt have been at Cedar Woods for about two years now and they loves the staff. I enjoy watching movies with my Uncle in the new Theater room. The place is very clean and I am there a couple times per week. I highly recommend Cedar Woods.

April 14, 2017

By Paul062074

My mother-in-law is at Cedar Woods right now, and it is OK. I think that their administration is incompetent, but the people who work there are very decent and nice. My mother-in-law got there in early March. She cracked her head open on the 9th and was sent to the wrong hospital. When she returned, the first thing they said to us was that it was a fall and no one saw it. Within a week later, she fell again. She fainted, and they immediately sent her to the right hospital where we found out that she had a UTI. The only reason that she had a UTI, I think, was because she wasn’t given water every day as we requested because she hydrates really easily, and so she was there for a week. So in the month of March, she was actually living at Cedar Woods for probably about eight days. So I am not really happy with them right now. But, again, the employees are really nice, and she is somewhat happy, even though they all complain about the food.

January 29, 2017

By Sandy R

I visited recently with my brother Bob. I was very impressed with the cleanliness, and service. The price is truly a bargain. My sister lives out of state and the emails updating us on my Mom are really nice. The updates and renovations look really nice and I hope that the prices stay reasonable for middle class families. I want to thank the staff and management for helping us feel good and confident that our Mom is in good hands.

January 18, 2017

By Bob R

Great service and best price around. My Dad is getting great service at Cedar Woods. The staff is very friendly, caring, and the place is very clean. I show up unannounced and everything is running well and my Dad is in good shape. My Dad requires changing several times a day and other facilities wanted thousands more per month to do this. Cedar Woods has the best price because they have a mission to help working class families. They work hard for a low price trust me this is a great place and the best deal in this state. God bless them!
Bob, Thank you so much for your kind words. It is our mission to provide the best care and services for our residents and families. This is not just your loved ones home but the staff's home as well. We are dedicated to each individual persons need. We thank you for allowing us to get to know you father!

October 21, 2016

By Deb731755

Cedar Woods was fine. The memory care unit is just more restricted, she can't just go outside, and there are never enough people. I didn't see much of the activities in the memory care portion. There was nothing wrong with it. It is what it is. I think I was expecting more earthy and more foliage in the outdoor foliage patio place, but it was like a concrete stone patio, so that was a little disappointing. There weren't a lot of trees or grass where they could walk around. The memory care unit was nicer, and they had a gazebo, but they can't go by themselves, so how is any caretaker going to be able to watch somebody to go out there? I don't think they would ever have anybody out there because they don't get to go out by choice. When they do take walks, they take walks around the building, and that's all concrete and traffic; that's no picnic. They don't have much of an outdoor facility place. If they can take part of the parking lot and put some grass and trees, that would be nice. They accept Medicaid, but you have to have assets less than $21,000 including your home, and that seems wrong because you're not supposed to lose your house to put your spouse in memory care.

September 30, 2016

By Nan217701

Cedar Woods Assisted Living was horrible. It was a very sad experience for me. I had an appointment, and they knew I was coming, but the person taking me around wanted me to see how much they interacted with the residents. It was almost like she was putting on a play for me -- which I did not like. I got stuck in the dining room, and it was really sad to watch these people who just looked very sad. I just wanted to run out of there because it was extremely sad. The rooms were all with multiple people, and each resident has a bed, a dresser, and a chair. The floors were sticky. I felt they were not taken care of. I wouldn't want anyone that I love live in that situation.

September 02, 2016

By Gerald072632

Cedar Woods was terrible. It was not well-organized. There were things that I didn't think were good. A lot of people were just sitting around looking dreary. It was a very depressing type of place. The rooms were alright. The lady who showed us around was very nice. I don't remember them saying much about activities.
Hi Gerald072632, Thank you for coming out to tour with Cedar Woods. I am sorry you didn't enjoy your experience here but I must say that we strive to provide a great caring staff for our residents and families. Although we may not shine with visible chandeliers and grand pianos, our staff that provides care does that shine for us. Please know that if you at all need any assistance with anything we are here to help. Maybe next time you will have a different experience.

July 04, 2015

At Cedar Woods, the staff was very friendly and very helpful. It was a very clean facility. They all seemed to be very concerned in looking out for the well-being of their clients. The rooms were nice. The clients were able to decorate them with their personal effects, which is very nice. There was a very upbeat attitude, and I found that even the other clients there seemed to be all content and happy. The food was very good. I met with the chef they have onsite. He would also work with me as far as the special diet needs of the person I was working with. They made accommodations because he was a dialysis patient, and he wasn't there at dinner time three days a week, so they made accommodations for him to have a fresh dinner when he did return. Also they had socializing time. They did some physical therapy type of activities. If they want to read, they could read, and if they want to work with the crafts, they could do that too. I have nothing but praise for this place.

September 30, 2014

I would not put my mother-in-law at Cedar Woods. That was place was in desperate need of some serious renovation and they had multiple occupancy rooms for their residents -- three and four beds per room -- which I think is horrible. The person who gave me the tour was fine and I got the whole tour; I’m justnot impressed and they must stimulate their memory care unit more.

Photos of Cedar Woods Assisted Living

Services & Amenities of Cedar Woods Assisted Living

• Minimum Memory Cost: $3010/month

• Home Sale Assistance

• State Licenses: pending

About Cedar Woods Assisted Living

Welcome to Cedar Woods Assisted Living

State Licensed Assisted Living & Memory Care Comfort, Security and Affordability

Cedar Woods Assisted Living Management team has completely renovated their community and prepared it to be one the best Assisted Living Communities in the Southeast Michigan Area. We have certified and qualified staff in every section of the community. We treat our guests as our family members, and treat them with dignity, respect and passion. Everyone enjoys our home cooked meals every day.

Our commitment at Cedar Woods is for our Community to be Welcoming, Comforting, Clean, and Healthy. Our staff is Qualified, Trained and Dedicated. They help with various daily activities, including grooming, dressing, bathing and medication administration.

Our mission at Cedar Woods Assisted Living is to provide the highest quality of life for all of our residents. We love to support our families and friends while upholding the respect and dignity of our residents. Our dedication to respecting each individual’s rights will NOT be jeopardized, as we maintain the spirit of life for all who comes thru our doors and call Cedar Woods their home.

Map of Cedar Woods Assisted Living