Elmcroft of Bedford

3800 Central Drive, Bedford, TX, 76021

Reviews of Elmcroft of Bedford

August 17, 2016

By Terry316050

We really liked Elmcroft. It was really clean, well maintained, and well staffed. It had spacious rooms, common area, and living area. However, it was so large and had so many patients.

April 25, 2016

By Friend105

Elmcroft of Bedford was very clean and super nice, but there was no way my friend could go there because she couldn’t walk. We saw how clean the rooms were. Someone took us around, and the staff seemed very nice. It’s close to us and south of the hospital in a great location.

May 20, 2014

I liked the fact that he would be able to be in a room by himself at Elmcroft, and the room that they were going to have him in was close to the dining room and several of the amenities that they have there. They had games. They played bingo and things like that during the day. The games gave them time to get to know each other. The first staff that I started out with was very knowledgeable. She had been studying up, and the lady who completed the tour was great. She showed us where everything was and showed me the calendar with the schedule of when things were going to happen.

January 05, 2014

By Adaughte

This used to be a good place but has seriously gone down hill. The food is not edible. The care is not the best but better than some others. Too bad... It used to be a very nice place until it was bought out by the new company and corporate greed took over

November 26, 2013

My husband was at Elmcroft for three months. At first, I was impressed but then got unimpressed very quickly. The facility was very nice but I just didn't feel he was getting the care that I was paying for which cost me $4,000. The food was just atrocious and practically inedible. It got to the point that I was bringing him home to eat more than he was eating there. The rooms were decent. I had him in a private room. The staff was good but I would not recommend the place to anyone. If someone asked me if I'd recommend based on the loved one there, I would say definitely no. I would rate it a 2 but I would rate the staff highly. I would rate the staff a 4.

October 24, 2013

By Mother's Daughter

I absolutely cannot say enough good things about Elmcroft at Bedford. I visited them based on personal recommendations. I moved my Mother in over a month ago. The management and the staff are excellent! They are all so caring and patient with all the residents. Anyone at anytime can tell me about my Mother. Her room is bright and cheery. Everything and everyone are always clean and cared for. I would highly recommend Elmcroft of Bedford to anyone. I am confident my Mother is in an extended family environment and her welfare is my top priority.

October 08, 2013

By Concernedcaretaker

My good friend is living here and after staying in several facilities over the past three years she has finally found a place she can truly call home. Her room is very spacious and very nice compared to the places she has been. They have two nurses of staff both always have a smile and the aides are very helpful. The food was an issue but she tells me it has gotten a lot better. The lady at the front desk is always a beaming ray of sunshine every time i come to visit. I highly recommend this facility.

September 28, 2013

By WASHINGTON80

Other

Just called to ask a question the receptionist or at least that's what she said she was. She was very rude tried to ask the hours she kept refusing to tell me. Finally she told me the hours Monday-Friday and she kept refusing to tell me on the weekends. All she kept stating if I wanted a tour then I had to get with someone there. Told her again that would like to know the hours and a little bit before we go by. Finally she told me the hours for the weekends. I tried to ask her some questions she kept refusing to answer. Finally I said that I had my parents that might be going there and just would like to ask a few questions. She still kept refusing to answer my questions. How on earth if someone calls a place like this one thinking about their parents being there and they refuse to answer questions . Definitely not recommend this place to anyone not even going to bother going by. Very rude.

September 25, 2013

By Melanie3

We were very, very impress with the administrative staff of Elmcroft of Bedford, but there have been a lot of transitional changes.

August 08, 2013

By Happyfordad

I am so blessed to have such a caring staff taking care of my Dad. he has been in other places, but none offer the attentive care that he has received at Bedford Of Elmcroft. You have all made my life so much easier. I do want to say that the management staff there is excellent. They are always available and know what is going on with my dad. Again thanks. I do hope that you consider the nurse as a replacement for the Executive Director Position. He has always been very receptive to me and other family's needs. I have talked to other family members and they all agree he would be great in this position. Just my two cents worth.

August 08, 2013

By S Cobb

I have found the staff to be extremely friendly and helpful and very attentive to the residents. The building is clean, bright and cheerful . The improvements that were made are wonderful. I like the fact that the building ia one level which makes it easy for the residents to move around to activities and dining without assistance. Overall the meals are good and he especially enjoyes breakfast. From my experience I would recommend Elmcroft of Bedford to anyone who would ask.

July 29, 2013

By HappySon1

In more than 3 years that I have been coming into the Bedford location, I have never seen a more caring staff. All the way from the Nurse who shows true commitment to his residents to the Housekeeping staff. The building is fresh and is delightful to come into to spend time with my mom. I am glad we made this choice and will gladly tell others about this wonderful facility.

July 26, 2013

By ffwd42

They are working diligently to update the facilities, which is nice. But what sets Elmcroft of Bedford apart is the staff who genuinely cares about their residents. I love the staff! Without exception, the entire staff treats my mother and the other residents with compassion, kindness, and patience. They have found the delicate balance of offering needed assistance while allowing the residents to maintain their independence and dignity. Likewise they do a wonderful job of individualizing care. More important than the art on the walls is the joy that comes from the staff; that's the beauty of Elmcroft.

June 28, 2013

Bedford of Elmcroft was within our price range, and I was impressed with the facility and the people. It was also close to my home. I went there several times before we decided to move my mom in there. The staff is extremely helpful, very friendly, and very efficient. I haven't actually eaten there, but I've taken her word for it and she says that it's very good. Her apartment is small, but it fits her needs and we are happy with it. She has made friends there and she has been involved in all the activities they have for her. It has worked out very well.

June 12, 2013

By Smathy

My family currently lives there and I am very disappointed that their food is so bad. Just because some residents may not be aware of what they are eating, some are aware. If it wouldn't be so disruptive to my family, I would move her. The care attendants are very nice and helpful though.

We appreciate your feedback and apologize for your negative experience concerning dining services. We just recently hired a new Dining Services Director and are working diligently on improving this area of service. We hope you will soon feel as positive about our food as you do our care associates.

December 03, 2012

By Family member4

My mother is a resident in this facility and enjoys being with other residents her age. She says, "They take good care of me." They treat the residents like family.

By Shane (son)

My Mom has been at Elmcroft for about four months now. Compared to where she was before, this place and the staff is a true blessing to our family. They care about her and are attentive to her needs. I would endorse this facility fully and would encourage you to come see for yourself. We notice improvements each month in a variety of areas. Love, love love the staff! I am there very regularly to visit and they are consistent in the level of care.

By jdg2000

I love this place. Mom's been there for 5 months now. The residents are friendly, and the staff is loving, caring, devoted. It's clean, and the food is tasty! Having my mom so well cared for is a big load off my mind - now I can spend time with her. It's just the right size too - not too big.

By Lindakay22

Other

Staff is very dedicated & caring. It is important to work with professionals. Residents are happy. I know my mom would be well taken care of. I refer to Elmcroft Bedford all the time .

By L DuPre

The staff are friendly and caring, The facilities are clean, updated and cheerful.

By Jim Ivey

I moved my Father to Elmcroft based on his physicians recommendation. The Dr. felt Dad needed to be in a smaller facility with a lower patient to care giver ratio. He gave me four to consider and I visited them all and fell in love with the people at Elmcroft. Dad has been there for three weeks now and feels completely at home. Dad had been at another Bedford assisted living facility for about eight years. dad is much cleaner now, is happier, and says the food is better. I love the staff and the new, young GM is a wonderful guy.

August 21, 2012

By PKKates

This place was a nightmare. Management needs a changed. They are not anything close to what they advertise. The only reason they get one star is because there are some good folks on the staff, not enough to offset the management, though.

We are sorry you had a less than satisfactory experience at Elmcroft of Bedford, however, we are pleased to share that our Residents and Families are excited and pleased with all of the wonderful changes in our community including our Management Team.

June 24, 2012

By Fluda2009

Overall, my experience with Hearthstone has been acceptable. The employees are very friendly and helpful with anything my grandmother and other family members need. They also allow for outside home health care aids to come in and sit with patients. Very convenient location. Would recommend to others.

May 03, 2012

By Really2012

Chaos Addmitions don't know pricing Director complaining about staff Residents confused and not engauged in activities. Horrible Customer Service

August 02, 2011

Assisted living that goes above and beyond. Team work and caring is what you will find at this facility.

Photos of Elmcroft of Bedford

• American Sign
  • Spanish

• Staff Patient Ratio: 11:1

About Elmcroft of Bedford

Residents of Elmcroft of Bedford are proud of the independence they maintain and enjoy the security of 24-hour personalized assistance. While we offer a helping hand with day-to-day tasks such as dressing, bathing and medication monitoring, they are treated as the accomplished individuals they are. They enjoy the freedom of choosing their own agenda and activities, while feeling secure in knowing that we are always there to provide support should they need it.

We are all inclusive community!

Map of Elmcroft of Bedford