Brookdale Eden Estates

1997 Forest Ridge Drive, Bedford, TX, 76021

Promotion ends in 17 days!

IT'S YOUR MOVE. LOCK IN THE 2017 RATE FOR LIFE. Lock in a rate that will never change for residents who take financial possession of an apartment by December 23, 2016. *New residents only. Excludes care costs and other fees. Additional details may apply.

Reviews of Brookdale Eden Estates

George84283450 June 26, 2014

My parents are at Eden Estates now. It is a secure area, but residents can come and go as they please. The reasons we chose them were just the way that they had the layout of the bedrooms, the closeness of the facilities to support family, and also the availability. My mother is a level 1 assist; however, it is a challenge when it comes to trying to get somebody to assist her. They have all kinds of activities there. They even have the shuttle service to go to areas to get supplies for people who are independent. My father is able to do that, so that's another reason we chose them. Also, it is the convenience of being able to keep my parents together and for my father to have activities that he can be supported with. My parents are very happy with the facility in terms of livability, but as far as meals, they don't rate them very well. The meal service is subpar. They have complained numerous times to me.

Caring83407350 May 11, 2014

Mom is in Emeritus at Eden Estates. It is very good. The staff is excellent. She is in a large studio, which is about 500 square foot with a kitchenette and a large walk-in closet. They have activities like church services, movies, and transportation to different locations like stores and restaurants. My mother is very happy with all of it. The only complaint she has is that they give them a lot of food.

Beverley2 January 31, 2014

I thought Emeritus was great! I was really impressed and I liked it amongst the ones we toured. It wasn't my dad's favorite, but he liked it. The lady coordinator there, Peggy, was very nice and knew a lot about it and answered a lot of our questions. Everybody I met seemed to be very nice and cordial. It had a convenient location because it was close to my sister, the hospital and my dad's doctor, which was just right across the street. We ate there and I thought the food was great. We looked at a one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartment. It was roomy and I thought the kitchen was very nice with a full size refrigerator and a couple of stove burners as well as a microwave. The people who lived there enjoyed living there. We also looked a studio apartment, which had a divider in the middle of the room instead of a wall. But it was the same, the bathroom was really nice. What I didn't really care about the studio was that it had a carpet in the kitchen area. But other than that, I thought they nice rooms. They had activities where they play cards and dominoes. They went to Walmart once or twice a week. They had outings, baseball games and movies.

Caring70713550 October 24, 2013

Emeritus is our first choice if we could afford it. I was really impressed with the person who showed us around. She not only gave us the information but she knew all the people and she called them by name. She was very up on all the stuff. As far as the activities and all that stuff it was excellent. They have activities going on every day. They have a coffee shop set up for them and they have activities out in the patio. The food was fantastic. I really liked the rooms; they are very adequate. The workers are great.

Ken9 August 27, 2013

I visited Emeritus for my wife. When we walked in the doors, there were just hallways and hallways and that's all we saw - hallways in every direction. The whole place was like a nursing home. There was nothing assisted living to it. Everything was just one room. We were looking for something that was more like an apartment. Nevertheless, the staff was very nice when we visited.

Cindy S. August 15, 2013

Eden Estates is a lovely facility. It is a small facility but it is centrally located. They are only one exit down the highway from a major hospital and they are across the street from my mom and dad's primary care physician and cardiologist. We like the idea that they have independent and assisted living and the nicest part there is that you do not have to move and change apartments to get assisted living. You can hire assisted living services and stay in the same unit. The two-bedroom/two-bathroom apartment that we saw is smaller than one in the other facility that we visited. I just felt like it would be a little tight for the two of them. They both have walkers, so they have to have room to be able to get past each other in the house. Everything in Eden Estates but the price would have worked with us, their cost was just outrageous.

Malcolm2 August 15, 2013

Emeritus was a nice and clean facility. The staff were very nice and helpful; they were good to the residents and the visitors. In the dining area, they had a very pretty table cloth and cloth napkins; the food was good too.

pma3009 June 26, 2012

My parent was a resident of Eden Estates for 3 1/2 years. At the beginning it was a wonderful place to be. As time went on the management team changed and there seemed to be more and more issues that were not addressed. Our parent was not getting the care that they needed or that was being paid for. There were two different occasions where our parent received the wrong medication. The med aides had gotten residents meds mixed up. They did not seem to think this was an issue. I in turn felt that this error could have caused a fatality. On another occasion our parent was not given their meds for over a month. Facilities of this nature can endure mistakes with housekeeping, laundry, activities......BUT should NEVER happen with medications. They also state it is both independent and assisted. They need to drop the assisted and only have the independents living there as that is who they cater too. It was suppose to be a gated community. The gates all broke and were not repaired for the length of time our parent resided there. The back door was broke and would not close for over a month. No security. We were not happy at all with Eden Estates the last two years of our parents residency. When checking any of these facilities for our loved ones we always need to get other families comments and recommendations before making a decision on a quick meeting with a marketing/sales type person that wants to keep 100% occupancy.

Kevin B1 April 10, 2012

Facility is nice and people are very friendly. The cafeteria there is a lot like a restaurant and the food is not the best but is still pretty good. The facility is a bit expensive but is gated and near the HEB hospital so for emergency circumstances you are in good hands. It is a bit hidden but in an area with little traffic and as stated before next to a major hospital. The facility is gated and has security at each door, the facilities are decent nothing fancy has about 2 small game rooms with not so modern tv and a pool table, several bored games and several activities through out the day to keep residents busy. My great grandfather of 101 stayed there and recently past away he loved the company we gave him but often complained of being lonely and bored so we had to have a nurse stay and keep him occupied several days through out the week. So although the staff is great they don't spend much time 1 on 1 with the residents.

Roving Reporter January 13, 2012

The needs of diabetic residents are not met. They are expected to count carbs and adjust their eating habits accordingly, whether they are mentally capable of doing this or not. Would not recommend this place to anyone who has diabetic concerns.

Hi RovingReporter,

We truly appreciate your time and feedback. Eden Estates is an Assisted and Independent Living community, where residents live "“ and sometimes eat "“ in their own apartments and do not require a high level of care. To address the needs of our diabetic residents, we offer a "Controlled Carbohydrate Diet." Additionally, all of our menus are marked with the best selection for our diabetic residents. Because we are an Assisted and Independent Living Community "“ and not a Skilled Nursing Community "“ we can only provide the menu and guidance. For residents who are not capable of making the right nutritional choices, a Skilled Nursing Care community would be the appropriate choice for them.

Please feel free to contact us at the community if you have any questions about the different types of care offered at one of our Assisted Living, Independent Living or Skilled Nursing Care communities.

-Emeritus Senior Living

Patsy2 January 02, 2012

When I realized a few months ago that I needed to move my parents to an assisted living facility, I was totally panicked, out of control emotionally, and stressed to the max! I immediately went to the internet to find some help and Eden Estates was among several local facilities recommended by A Place for Mom. I am a consultant and travel out of state every week for my job so I asked my daughter and a friend to do a preliminary check of the places for me. They raved about Eden Estates in Bedford and said it was perfect. But I had to have comparisons so I visited two other facilities before I went to Eden. There was just no comparison! Eden is bright and light and clean and inviting and the other places were like a small step up from a nursing home (which we've had horrible, extensive experience with as a rehab facility following surgeries for both of my parents). Peggy Barker, who is the manager of the facility, is just awesome. She treats everyone as a friend and went out of her way to make us feel at home. We were able to visit an apartment of one of the current residents and that sold my Mother on the concept. When we toured, everyone made us feel so at home and relieved the concerns my Mother had about leaving her home and friends. My stepfather is going to be a challenge for them but I've been assured they will go out of their way to get him acclimated and accept the move. We're moving in three weeks and it will be such a relief to have my parents living within a mile of my house and in such a nice place. I highly recommend Eden Estates to anyone who is searching for an assisted living facility.

djdm November 03, 2011

All have made the transfer of my mother seamless...i was getting her out of a very bad facility and needed it to be flawless

Peeryhd November 01, 2011

The ENTIRE staff at Eden Estates has gone above and beyond to make us feel apart of the family. The move in process was wonderful and painless. I am so excited for my Grandmother to live in such a warm and fun community!

From Brookdale Eden Estates

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Eden Estates

• We offer respite care (short term stays)

• State License(s): 030035