Woodside Village

19455 Rockside Road, Bedford, OH, 44146

Reviews of Woodside Village

Sheryl11 August 09, 2015

Woodside Village was one of the places near my brother, and it was easy for my sister and me to have access to. So we thought about this place, saw all the literature on it online, what they offer, and we went to see what the facility looked like before we would show it to our parents. My sister actually got there first, and she had to go to the bathroom. It was some cosmetic things that weren't together that we knew once our mother got there, she wouldn't feel comfortable there. But the overall setup of the facility or what it should be is what we want for our parents. We just don't want to take them from what they are used to because my mother is very particular about something that is a downgrade of where they want to live. It was just a few cosmetic things, but they were kind, very cooperative, and very helpful about what they offer. They said that they were getting ready to do some restoring of certain areas, and they would give us a call when they have finished remodeling.

There were different sizes of rooms, and we found what would be most useful for our parents in their state. Like I said, it was just some cosmetic things, like the doors in the bathroom needed to be checked on because one of them didn't have a latch on it, so you couldn't lock the door for privacy, and we knew that it would be an issue with my mother.

The surrounding area was beautiful. Once they do the cosmetic upgrade on the facility, it will be fine. They had different activities, and I know they had exercises, they have a beautician and a barber shop there, and they had planned social activities within the facility to make them more social than them being at home. And this is what we want to do -- make sure that they got out and about and do more than what they do now. So their social programs really appeal to us because we want to keep them active. They seemed very kind and willing to work with the families, which is totally appreciated.

Caring106487550 July 29, 2015

Woodside Village was wonderful, clean, very impressive, and very well run. A lady named Olivia who we spoke with, met with, and I've been talking to was just wonderful. They should keep her forever. We had all the information we needed. We had multiple tours, and she did everything she could to accommodate us and answer any questions that we had. I cannot say enough about her. We liked the community itself. It was very well organized, and they had a lot of activities going on. They were exceptional.

Caring111104750 July 13, 2015

Woodside Village was almost like a home away from home. They were friendly and kind. They had single and companion rooms. The food was good. They did an excellent job during the tour. Every question I asked, they were on point.

Caring107250450 May 28, 2015

I am in Woodside Village, and it is good. On the most part, most of the staff is friendly. I live in an apartment, which I am sharing with another person because the price is so high; that's the only negative part about it. I prefer to have one room by myself, but I cannot afford that. They cook the food, and you have to go the eating area. The food is pretty good. We have a few activities. They have bingo and religious services, but I am not yet participating.

James106688450 May 13, 2015

It was good, and the staff was fair. I had an appointment with Woodside Village Bedford, but the person who was supposed to be there didn't show up, so I ended up having somebody else show me around, and she wasn't as familiar as the main person would've been, but he helped as best as he could. The apartments were good, and my mom was considering them. They had typical activities that you find in a senior home -- i.e., bingo and some travel. The dining room was not fancy, but adequate. They did have a separate facility for those with dementia.

Sydney4 May 08, 2015

Woodside Village is nice. The neighbors were nice; one lady befriended my grandma, and I thought that was very nice. She is in a private room, and it is good. It has a kitchen, a good size living room, and a bedroom, and it has a little patio which is nice. I tried a little bit of the food, and it has good quality. The dining room is of a nice size, and it is clean. I would recommend it to anyone who needs a place quick and a place that can fit a good budget. My grandmother is happy and satisfied.

Mark105378450 April 25, 2015

My mother decided to go to Woodside Village Bedford. What really impressed me was the marketing person. She was very helpful and guided us through the property. It's a little dated, but the rooms were very spacious. The one-bedroom has a full-sized living room, a full-sized bedroom, and a small kitchenette. They had outdoor patios, and she could bring in some of her own furniture. They had a restaurant style menu.

Caring102279450 February 17, 2015

Woodside Village was basically the first place I went to, but I really was satisfied with everything that they told me. It was kind of urgent to get my father in somewhere, and he is in the dementia unit right now. The staff is doing OK. It is not a 24/7 care facility like I thought it would be, but no place is like that I guess. He's had a considerable amount of accidents since he's been there. I think they've called me at least seven times. He keeps on falling over, and he is supposed to be getting therapy, but I don't think he is getting therapy right now because he doesn't walk or anything, there is no strength there, and I don't think they'll ever get him better. I know they feed him four times a day -- he has a night snacks as well provided he wants to eat. If he doesn't want to eat, they won't feed him, but most of the time he goes to the cafeteria, but sometimes he doesn't feel up to it, and they bring it to his room. I'd ask him if he enjoys the food, and he says he likes it. There is no complaint whatsoever really. They have activities, but he doesn't engage in any of those. He has a big room -- a double suite that he shares with another man. It is not the greatest place. It is an old place, but they seem to be on the ball, they know what they are doing, and I have no complaints.

Sandra102104350 February 11, 2015

Woodside Village is a nice place. She has a beautiful, nicely-sized apartment. Both mom and her husband liked it. The people are very caring. They loved the food, and they said it’s healthier for them.

Caring97533050 November 14, 2014

My brother is at Woodside Village. The facility is old, but the staff are generally very good although there are also some that aren’t. I have eaten there and the food is good. They do have activities everyday insider the facility and they also do services like grocery shopping.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about our community. Your feedback is always considered and appreciated!

Caring95383150 September 29, 2014

Woodside Village was very nice. The whole facility was very nice. The rooms were spacious. The one that we were looking at was a one-bedroom kind of studio that would have been perfect. It had its own bathroom with a walk-in shower and rails everywhere. It seemed like a very nice facility. The people that were there seemed very happy. We walked by the dining area while they were eating and they kind of get a little menu selection that they can order from each meal. It looked like everybody had something different and it looked pretty good. The sanitation of this facility looked good.

Caring86398550 June 17, 2014

Woodside Village was only a one-story building. They had a wide hallway that went to the rooms. It was a pretty good distance when we took a walk, so if you're in a wheelchair or use a walker, it would be a long way to walk. They have three different sized rooms. They were adequate. Some of them have a little kitchenette. The dining area was adequate. The table settings were good. It was like a restaurant where they come out and give you a menu. They had a nice menu for dinner. I like that social recreations were listed on the wall. What I liked best about it was their therapy.

Caring85406250 May 20, 2014

Woodside Village has individualized care for clients who have different types of needs. They have a lot of activities like bingo, a lot of crafts, and a lot more. I also like the room, but I don't think we can afford the facility. I have not eaten there, but I have seen the food, and it was pretty good. The staff were very friendly, and it looked like my mom would have good care there.

Hubert1 April 25, 2014

My daughter lives a couple of blocks away from Woodside Village. I lived there for about nine months. It was a good experience. They had a good medical staff. They had a lot of activities for the residents. The meals were a little above average. The staff was definitely extremely above average. The services were good, the management was good, and it was reasonable.

They had a range of activities, like going to restaurants and to casinos. They had number of different community organizations that would come in for certain nights, and they had music nights one night a week, gospel another night, or it might be jazz another night, or oldies but goodies, and they had parties for the residents. The activities were very good. The sizes of the apartments were good, too.

Caring80228550 March 29, 2014

I looked at Woodside Village, and it was very nice. In fact, I had a friend who lived there. It just wasn’t what I wanted personally. There was nothing wrong with it; it was just not my preference, that’s all. The staff treated me very well. They were very nice and pleasant to me. They were very polite. It was clean, and the rooms were a comfortable size. They have an exercise room. The dining room was very nice, and it wasn’t crowded.

Robin17 December 21, 2013

During the time that my mom was there the staff, the aides, and everyone that worked there was just awesome and I would highly recommend this facility to anyone

Irene8 July 24, 2013

Woodside Village was one of the ones recommended to me and it was close by. They have different activities for those that have Alzheimer's and dementia. The dietitian and nursing staff were excellent. My sister has a spacious one-bedroom, bathroom and a shared living room. My sister enjoys the food.

Caring0814 June 12, 2013

Woodside was a very large facility and it offered different levels of care. I just did not like it because it smelled of urine. The lobby was all right but it was really busy when I toured the place. Also I didn't get the chance to check out any rooms.

Tonya1 June 07, 2013

We visited Woodside Village and it seemed nice and decent. The people treated us respectfully and they were nice. In addition to the amenities, the place has a good setup that's more like an apartment. It was also clean and pretty homey.

immy kazi September 19, 2012

The thing that me and my wife liked about woodside village was the condo like setting and the fact that it is away from the hustle and bustle of the city,When we talked to some of the residents they had good things to say about the place.Talking to the staff we found out that some of them were really really good, very caring and treated the residents like family, they knew about the residents and their families, what impresed me the most was the fact that as we were trying to assess them in a way it felt like they were trying to for the lack of a better term judge us as to what we want or were looking for.Bedford hospltal was right up the street, and convenient shopping and paks were around the corner.

JoshJohnson April 28, 2012

I wasnt very pleased at all with the staff who didnt seem to care very much for the residents. They would allow my grandfather to become very messy (no shaving face, hair growing wild, not groomed at all). Then when I inquired about this I was given an attitude. It lead me to not trust the staff and management here. The rooms are ok, pretty bland, but ok. There is a bed and a chair in each room. I found it rather depressing. The place looks nice on the outside, seems clean and the price isnt too much but the staff seem to just not care. The seniors living here seemed friendly, they all smiled and waved but didnt talk very much. I wouldnt recommend this place to anyone. We pulled my grandfather out of here and found him a much better assisted living facility. Granted a little farther away but worth it.

Sigmarick May 19, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

My family has been very satisfied with the service offered at Woodside. My grandmother is happy and seems to well taken care of. They have financial counselors who work with the various government programs to facilitate reimbursements and control costs.Woodside has a lot of activities for residents but my grandmother was ill so I never got a first hand review of the programs.

From Woodside Village

Woodside Village is a single-story, 228-apartment retirement community located in Bedford, a southeastern suburb of Cleveland. Built on 20 acres, the community caters to independent and assisted living residents. Our community offers many inviting common areas and exciting amenities to create retirement living at its best.

Woodside Village provides seclusion from traffic and the congestion of everyday life. Our scheduled transportation allows you to enjoy life as you go shopping, to doctors’ appointments, ball games and museums. And, if you drive, there’s reserved covered parking available.

Some of the features that you will enjoy at Woodside Village are a library, general store, arts and crafts room, exercise room and a large outdoor patio. Most apartments have a private patio and access to beautifully landscaped courtyards.

When you step outside your private apartment, you’ll find additional beauty and comfort along with opportunities for social interaction, physical activity and intellectual stimulation. You can join friends for a card game or billiards, take part in field trips or sample our many scheduled activities.

Security is important at Woodside Village. We have safety features including 24-hour staff, a call system, smoke detectors and a fire sprinkler system. Living here means enjoying life and doing it with peace of mind. The best part of your new life at Woodside Village is that we offer affordable rates with lots of extra value.

We are on 20 acres of land and most of our units have an attached outdoor patio which is something not available at most communities in this area.

Features of Woodside Village