Bedford Falls

5 Corporate Drive, Bedford, NH, 03110

Reviews of Bedford Falls

Cadorette October 28, 2015

I loved the place. They do washing and little house cleaning, and they have assisted living. If I needed a nurse, they got a nurse. When I was in Bedford Place, I spoke to two or three people, and they all had good things to say about it. It was spacious, clean, and had a lot of activities. They have a movie theater, a game room, and different things. I like the idea that I didn't have to go to dinner every day with people; I could have my lunch and breakfast in my room. They can bring the meals to my room or I can make my own in the room in the kitchenette. I had a good visit when I went in there, and people said nice things about the place.

Thank you for sharing! Caring for seniors is not just our purpose, it's our passion. Please contact us (603-471-2555) if you have any questions or if we can assist at all.

Caring1296 May 13, 2015

Bedford Fall was beautiful, but it was not homey. The staff was accommodating. The rooms were smaller and standard.

Thank you for your thoughts. Please feel free to contact the Executive Director (603-471-2555) if we can ever be of service to you and your family.

CALL DHHS February 27, 2015

The Harbor Unit is inadequate and the residents are not cared for in a caring and nurturing way. Their quality of life and dignity is not in the best interest of the residents. I have seen residents pleading for help and they are ignored. A woman constantly walking around in spoiled pants. The nursing staff makes many errors in medication and care. The Harbor Unit has had a constant turn over since my loved one has been there. It seems they are not able to get their act together. Many residents have left and moved to other facilities. They claim this is not true, but the facts speak 1,000 words. Ask to see their paperwork, to see how many times they have been cited by the Dept of Health and Human Services. You have the right to see this paperwork and they are obligated to show it to you. If they refuse, call and report them. My reason for writing this review is so no one else's loved one is abused. It is horrible they treat their residents. I use to cry when I left there. I have no information about the Traditional Unit but steer clear of the Harbor Unit at Bedford Falls.

HORRIBLECARE January 31, 2015

My loved one resides at Bedford Falls but I am in the process of moving them. The is lack of care and it is scary. They have been through several harbor unit managers, several nurses and head of nursing and LNAs. They now have an advisor from corporate in their to try and straighten thins out but conditions are really horrible. I wold advise you to watch our loved one VERY closely if you chose this memory care unit. They are not taking proper care of the residents and the management are constantly in family meetings. Wishing you the best in your journey for trusted care for your loved one.

Sadfamilymbr January 27, 2015

Don't let appearances fool you. The building is new and very attractive, but the staff is not providing the needed care. In the past two years there has been a constant turnover. If possible talk to former employees and you will be horrified. The resident to staff ratio is adequate, yet patients are left in soiled clothes and ignored. If your family member needs to be in the locked unit and you or a private nurse can not be there daily to guarantee safety, dignity and proper distribution of medication PLEASE look elsewhere. It is sad that in 2 years this facility is has been at least 4 different directors and countless RNs and assistants. My family member is not getting the needed care. For privacy reasons I do not want to give any additional details, but watch your loved ones carefully if you select this facility.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Since opening in the fall of 2012, there have been two very seasoned, tenured Executive Directors with the original opening Executive Director still providing oversight for our Bedford Falls community. While we recognize that change is never easy – please know that we as a company remain focused on providing our residents with the highest quality of care. We encourage you to reach out to the Executive Director at 603-471-2555 to discuss your concerns about the staffing and the changes that you may have seen. Your opinions are important as we strive on a daily basis to make improvements. Please be assured that our commitment to excellence in care is consistent and unwavering.

m.slock June 10, 2014

My mother was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s in the fall of 2009. What a shock that was to hear! At that time my brother and I vowed to keep our mom at home with help from family and caregivers and we were mostly successful until December 2013. Until you experience the overwhelming task of managing a 24/7 schedule of care, the costs associated with this care, along with the myriad of emotions that accompany caregiving for a family member, you can’t begin to imagine how fortunate we were to find the Harbor at Bedford Falls. We moved my mom into the Harbor at Bedford Falls in December, 2013, two weeks before Christmas. We felt ‘guilty’ for not keeping our vow, but now that we’re 6 months into it, it was the best thing we could have done both for our mom and for ourselves. Our mom is thriving in this environment. She has totally integrated into the Bedford Falls Harbor community and is never in her room. The staff is absolutely wonderful, encouraging her to do what she can and helping her with what she can’t. At home, the socialization aspect of daily living was missing. At Bedford Falls, she’s always first in line for the next activity, and quite often leaves me in the hallway in favor or the Activity Director. My brother and I can’t thank the entire Bedford Falls team enough. They all have a difficult job but carry it out with such enthusiasm, allowing the residents to live with dignity and respect. While my mom has lost her ability to communicate verbally, you can see it in her eyes and her facial expressions how happy and secure she feels to be at the Harbor. Thanks Bedford Falls!!

Thank you so much for sharing. We love what we do and are extremely proud of our team. Individualized care is one of our hallmarks as we strive to meet the distinct needs of each resident. Please let us know if there is ever anything we can do for you or your family. (603-471-2555)

WinHow May 30, 2014

I was able to visit Bedford Falls, and I was not impressed with the facility. It's beautifully appointed and it’s a new facility, but there was not any sense of it being a place for seniors. It felt like a high-end hotel lobby. There is no sense of it being a home, and that is not what I am looking for, for my husband. The rooms were very good, but it wasn't homey. I was not able to eat there, but they were able to offer us refreshment, which was soda and I don’t drink soda, so that did not make a good impression on me.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your visit to Bedford Falls - although we are very proud of how beautiful our building is, it is our dedicated team of caring and passionate associates who consider Bedford Falls their home away from home and the residents their extended family that is our best endorsement.

We would welcome the opportunity for you to speak with our associates, as well as our residents and their families, to get a true sense of what Bedford Falls is and has to offer from both a care perspective and our full calendar of programs that meet the unique tastes of all our residents.

JBagel November 21, 2013

It was in Dad's hometown and close to all his doctors. He was watched and fed and they had nice activities. The staff was the best.

Jon4 October 26, 2013

I would definitely recommend Bedford Falls because the staff were very cordial, very polite, and very nice. The facility is very nice and the rooms were also big, but we were surprise because they turned us down as far as being qualified to live there.

caring0509113 May 29, 2013

Bedford Falls is a very nice and beautiful facility although the room that I would like to transfer has no storage or closet space. There is no kitchen, just one small countertop with a small refrigerator underneath. They just lack enough storage space.

Thank you very much for your feedback. We take great pride in the appearance of our community. More important to us and our residents and families is the care and services that is provided by our wonderful team of associates. We do serve three restaurant-style meals per day in addition to a bistro that offers fresh fruit, coffee, pastries and other snacks available 24 hours a day, so the need for a full kitchen in the apartments is not necessary. For those that do love to cook, we do have a full kitchen available for our residents to use. All of our apartments vary in size from studio and one bedroom suites to our spacious two-bedroom suites. The closet and storage spaces in each apartment also vary in size, some of our larger apartments include linen storage and larger closets.

Diane20 April 30, 2013

The best place I've visited was Bedford falls. The place was great. I didn't have any problem with it at all. The whole living environment seemed like it would be a good fit for my mother and she would be happy there. It's just that when I got to the question of what happens if she runs out of Medicaid, they told me that they would help to find another living arrangement for her at some other apartment or whatever if she can't find the money. That just didn't work for me because I didn't want to relocate her. When she moves in, I want her to stay there.

Thank you very much for your kind words about what a wonderful place Bedford Falls is. We love what we do and are extremely proud of our team and of their dedication to the individual needs of every resident. Caring for seniors is not just our purpose, it's our passion. We do everything possible to enhance the quality of life of our residents: delicious restaurant style meals, caring and compassionate associates, a full calendar of daily programs for mind and body, and the beautifully manicured grounds. I do understand your concerns about Bedford Falls not accepting Medicaid and that is certainly a very valid concern; however as you do look at other communities that have the Medicaid program you need to make sure that the program will be appropriate at the time you need it. There are many physical and monetary requirements that you cannot predict ahead of time that may make your mom ineligible for the Medicaid program. We realize Bedford Falls is not the right choice for everyone and we hope you do find a community that is the right one for you and your family.

Haley1 July 28, 2012

This building is brand new, people aren't living there yet. It's a big, squarish building and it looked like a factory than a facility. However, its closer to other establishments like a restaurant and other business areas. My dad doesn't like this place. He thinks it doesn't have a warm atmosphere. We were able to see the rooms. They were furnished but they're tiny. I think they'll have lots of activities when they start operating. It's a Benchmark facility so it has a high standard. I will not recommend this place, it's a little expensive.

Thank you, Haley, for sharing your experience of the Pre-Opening with us. Your opinions are important as we strive on a daily basis to make improvements. We urge you to come back with your father and visit again after Bedford Falls has officially opened.

A thriving and flourishing community is much more than the sum of its walls and property lines. What makes our communities so special are the people who inhabit these walls. Our communities are populated with people, residents and associates alike, who have a zest for life. That passion exudes enthusiasm and vibrancy in our daily activities.

Please visit Bedford Falls during the autumn of 2012. We love what we do and are extremely proud of our team and of their dedication to the individual needs of every resident. Caring for seniors is not just our purpose, it's our passion.

From Bedford Falls

Bedford Falls joins the family of Benchmark Senior Living communities in New England and is making a world of difference in the lives of seniors and their families. The name "Benchmark" means a standard by which others are measured, and it reflects our focus on excellence. We look forward to sharing the ways we help our residents discover happier, healthier lives.

Just like the place where George Bailey discovered "It's a Wonderful Life", our Bedford Falls is a place where family and friends will always take care of each other. It's a community that wouldn't be the same without each of the people who will call it home. A place where everyone will have a purpose and people to encourage its pursuit. A place where no matter what, you can always come home again.

We are a very couples orientated community that specialize in a case-by-case basis with assisting couples who need Traditional Assisted Living along with Memory Care. on one hand we have couples that room together who's needs are met separately depending on their level of care and on the other we have couples that live in separate apartments and participate in different activities, but who can still dine and spend quality time together.

Features of Bedford Falls

• Diabetic
  • Low fat
  • Low salt

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Pharmacy
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Fitness Room/Gym

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• Staff patient ratio: 6 to 1
  • Minimum age: 55

• Licenses: 805

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Bedford Falls