Farmington Square - Beaverton

14420 SW Farmington Rd, Beaverton, OR, 97005

Reviews of Farmington Square - Beaverton

Caring0000026 August 29, 2013

My husband is in Farmington Square for almost eight months now. This is a memory care facility. The top three reasons why we chose this facility is that it was close to where I live, he was able to have his own room and it was a fairly active place. There are activities for residents to do other than just watch TV or sit around all day. They have exercise, music, board games, etc. The staff there really pays attention to their residents. They provide opportunities for the residents to be engaged and get busy during the day. This is important in my opinion because it is a memory care facility. They are also very welcoming to have families involved at all times. You can visit any time you want and even have a meal there. If you want, you can also stay overnight. It is a very human approach from my point of view. The one aspect they could do a lot better is the food.

XanonymousX June 26, 2013

I would not recommend anyone place an elderly relative in this facility. I have overheard staff members being verbally abusive to residents. Med passers cannot seem to get medications right, and when concern about this is expressed, they shield themselves by saying they realized the mistake before they gave the medicine, and took it out of the cup. Horrible staff, horrible management. We removed our mother from this facility after only a few months of her staying there, and are currently caregiving for her at our home. After everything I witnessed in those few short months at Farmington Square, I could never trust another facility with the safety of my precious mother.

Thank you for taking the time to comment. We take the care of our residents very seriously and encourage you to contact us so that we may address these concerns. We can be contacted through our hotline number 1-877-736-4022 or by email hotline[at]radiantseniorliving[dot]com.

mckin57 July 06, 2012

I am very pleased that my grandfather ended up in Farmington Square Beaverton assisted living center. Short his own home I don't think any place would have made the transition to a living center any easier. As my grandfather began to struggle with memory loss and dementia brought on by Alzheimer's disease, Farmington Square provided memory treatments, and visits with specialists. He remains lucid more now than before he checked in.Besides this, the staff at Farmington Square are fantastic. You often hear horror stories of elder abuse in nursing homes. It has never crossed my mind that any staff member at Farmington Square would ever treat my grandfather with anything but dignity and respect. The grounds are almost always immaculate inside and out. A very minor complaint would be that the shrubs are not trimmed as often as they could be. Activities are plentiful, and residents are encouraged to socialize and stay active. My grandfather has made friends, and has been made to feel comfortable. I would highly recommend Farmington Square to anyone, but particularly anyone who has a relative with Alzheimer's Disease.

Thank you so much for your kind words about your experience with our community.

judithrose July 28, 2011

I have been visiting care centers in my area which have an Alzheimers unit. My husband is not yet reached the stage where he needs this service; however, I am being proactive in doing my research so when the time comes I will have a plan.

I am looking for these requirements:

1. a safe and caring environment for my husband;
  2. a facility with good medical care, including cleanliness;
  3. caregivers who are respectful of the residents, treating them with
      compassion and dignity
  4. which, if my husband outlives the maximum of his Long Term care
      insurance, will accept Medicaid;
  5. preferably within a reasonable commuting distance from our home
      so that I can make frequent visits to my husband

I was given a tour of this facility; spoken a number of times with the marketing director; and met some of the staff, including the Patient Care Manager. At this point, Farmington Square appears to meet all of my criteria.

I shall continue to visit this facility to monitor that it continues to meet my requirements. However, if today it was necessary for me to move my husband into an Alzheimers care unit, I would choose this facility.

Thank you so much for your kind words about your experience with our community.

From Farmington Square - Beaverton

Farmington Square Beaverton community provides a full range of exceptional senior living options designed to accommodate your lifestyle and enable you to get the most from your retirement years. Every day at Farmington Square Beaverton we make it a goal to go above and beyond to enrich the lives of our residents. We offer exceptional care, wellness programs and social activities in a family atmosphere to create a community you'll enjoy calling home. Our team of dedicated and compassionate staff is there when you need them.

Farmington Square Beaverton has Enhanced Assisted Living (25 residents total) and we are the only community in our area that has 2 separate memory care buildings. Transitional memory care has 16 residents that are high functioning and then we have full memory care with 28 residents where we do enhanced care as well.

Features of Farmington Square - Beaverton

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 60