Elmcroft of Chippewa

104 Pappan Business Drive, Beaver Falls, PA, 15010

Reviews of Elmcroft of Chippewa

September 29, 2011

By JanetACern

My husband's great aunt has been a resident of Elmcroft for over a year now, and we visit her one every other month. It was hard to put her in any assistant living home, because I remember her so young and vital. We wanted her reaming years to feel comfortable, and we were very weary about the facility she would live in. Unfortunately her Dementia had gotten uncontrollable, which meant we had no choice. We live closer to the Pittsburgh area, but a friend told us about Elmcroft. We decided to visit it, and we liked it. The staff was friendly and attentive. They provide twenty four hour care, so she will never be left alone; that was my largest concern. We typically go see her on family day, but we were able to go visit her on bingo night. She looked like she was having fun, and I haven't seen her like that in twenty years. My only concern was the staff being a bit younger, would they know what to do if anything bad happened? I spoke to the manager of the facility who does all of the hiring, and she showed me what training they have to go through just to keep the job. I felt more comfortable to know that these younger people have a good record, are drug tested, and are trained; furthermore, I found them to be very friendly. I would recommend this facility to someone who is looking for around the clock special care; like great aunt Emma who needs to be watched due to her dementia. We realized that we did not want to find her a new home because we loved her so much, but I realize that doing that helped her regain some of her freedom.

Photos of Elmcroft of Chippewa

Features of Elmcroft of Chippewa

• Minimum Memory Cost: $4110/month

About Elmcroft of Chippewa

Chippewa is a township in rural Beaver County, Pennsylvania. Beaver County offers all the beauty and recreation afforded by a number of state and county parks, while enjoying all the amenities and conveniences nearby Pittsburgh. Residents are no more than 30 minutes from the Pittsburgh International Airport. Local attractions include the Air Heritage Museum and the Beaver Falls Historical Society & Museum.

Accommodations and Services

Elmcroft of Chippewa is a senior living and Alzheimer's Care community offering accommodations for those who may require assistance in their daily living activities. It is staffed 24 hours a day with trained healthcare personnel and offers as much or as little care as a resident may want or need. In addition, Elmcroft of Chippewa has a licensed Health Care Director on call 24 hours a day.

Elmcroft of Chippewa features a full sprinkler system and each apartment is equipped with an emergency call system that may be used whenever the need arises. In addition, all exterior doors may be locked so that a secure environment can be maintained.

Each apartment includes all meals and basic utilities as part of the monthly fee. Also, residents enjoy daily activities, private dining room for family and guests, library and sitting areas, bistro and billiard activity room, housekeeping services and many other amenities. Other services include a beauty/barber shop for a nominal fee.

The emphasis on activities is a main thrust of the service offerings. Social interaction is a vital part of overall good health and Elmcroft of Chippewa is committed to offering residents a full range of social, recreational and spiritual activities from which to choose. Scheduled transportation on the community van allows all residents to take advantage of travel activities.

Elmcroft of Chippewa is truly a great place to live and work and is proud to be a part of the Chippewa, Pennsylvania community.

Map of Elmcroft of Chippewa