Brookdale Dowlen Oaks

2250 North Dowlen Road, Beaumont, TX, 77706

Reviews of Brookdale Dowlen Oaks

May 29, 2014

Emeritus at Dowlen Oaks was a very nice place. It was very clean. They were all very nice. Overall, it was a good visit. However, I just think my mother needs one-on-one care more, whereas this is a larger facility, and I was afraid she wasn't going to get that one-on-one care there. Nevertheless, they treated us well. They were very friendly. They showed all around, and everything went well. Cleanliness was good. It was very nice and homey. There was an activity going on at that time for the residents, but some of them were sitting in, and some of them were just in the lobby or stuff, and of course some of them were in their rooms.

February 28, 2014

By tallman

Emeritus was very nice. It was clean and it looked good. I saw the rooms. Some were furnished and some were not. Some were in certain sizes and they were all very nice. The staff was very friendly and nice. I was able to eat there. The food was very tasty and very good. The only problem was I just couldn't afford them on my salary.

January 31, 2014

By Caring77420850

Food is excellent. Most of their staff have good work ethic. There are some out there who just want their paychecks.

October 09, 2013

By Cyndi9

Emeritus is a neat place. The staff was nice. However, we couldn't afford the price.

August 30, 2013

By Aileen37

Emeritus was nice. The rooms were very nice as well as the staff. We didn't eat anything but the cafeteria looked good.

June 23, 2012

By mccluggen

The grounds and facilities were nice, but there was a wide range of quality in the staff. Some seemed caring and helpful, others shirked duties and obviously did not care to work with the old folks. We had issues with some of the caregivers failing to make certain my grandfather took his medication and eat regularly.

March 30, 2012

By clhtheall

My mother lives at Dowlen Oaks and when she asked for help one night because her apartment was flooding,( from the upstairs apartment) NEITHER of the TWO employees that she told checked to see if/where the water was coming from. Very irresponsible staff and uncaring staff. This is not the first problem that I have encounted with employees not doing their job.

July 27, 2011

By ctthea1

Very frequent turnover of medication aids. Medications are frequently not given in a timely manner as prescribed by the physician. I would not recommend this place.

Photos of Brookdale Dowlen Oaks

Services & Amenities of Brookdale Dowlen Oaks

• Housing Extra: Alcove/Mid Size

• Features Extra: Library

• Internet Enabled Rooms

About Brookdale Dowlen Oaks

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale Dowlen Oaks