Bickford of Battle Creek

3432 Capital Ave. SW, Battle Creek, MI, 49015

Reviews of Bickford of Battle Creek

c.burk June 27, 2015

Bickford resident care is provided by CNA's and Home Health Aides, these same employees are also responsible for providing housekeeping, janitorial, kitchen and laundry services while on shift.. Staff is overworked, there is a high employee turnover rate, inconsistent and unfamiliar staff. Nurses are only on-call 24/7, they are not on-site 24/7. Facility operating on the legal bare minimum to earn maximum profits.

Tommy3 February 27, 2015

To me, Bickford of Battle Creek was a better place. They seemed to have more activities like church services, and the price was a lot cheaper. The rooms were set up differently, and the people and the staff were nice. It seemed nice and clean, but it was just kind of hollow, like it wasn't as homey as it should be.

Caring82030150 December 30, 2013

Bickford is close to where the folks live now and where their friends are. TheyÕre not comfortable there, the place is very expensive but it eases family membersÕ mind to know that somebody is watching over them.The staff is pleasant, nice and respectful.

Michael19 June 13, 2013

I chose Bickford Assisted Living for my friend. This facility really focuses strongly on memory care for individuals with dementia. Their studio apartment has everything. All services also are self-contained in the facility as far as meals, medication, management, laundry, cleaning, and activities. It's very appropriate for that group of individuals who need that kind of attention. Also the staff seem very involved in caring.

icemancometh October 30, 2012

I have to say that the Bickford smelled clean but not so sterile as is usually the case with these kinds of places. While it was very clean and had something of a home atmosphere I found the staff to be very confident and ever present whenever needed. I think my grandmother enjoyed the interactions she had with some of the higher functioning residents.

From Bickford of Battle Creek

Welcome to Bickford Of Battle Creek, one of Michigan's premier assisted living and memory care communities! Bickford Of Battle Creek is conveniently located on 3432 Capital Ave. SW, so please, stop on by any time. We invite you in and welcome you home to our Michigan senior living community.

At Bickford Of Battle Creek, we offer premier memory care and assisted living services. The fullest expression of assistance comes with an intimate understanding of our residents at Bickford Of Battle Creek. Each resident of our Michigan assisted living home is unique, as are the services they require, and the manner in which they wish for them to be met. At our Battle Creek senior community, we also know firsthand the confusion that memory loss creates in relationships with loved ones. That's why our Alzheimer's care community strives to make every activity intentional and personally driven by each individual's life story.

Nothing can replace home - this we know at Bickford Of Battle Creek. The smells that waft through the open door, the tattered edges of the overstuffed chair in the living room, the faded photographs on the mantle, the memories...lifetimes are built on these things; happiness dwells in them. At Bickford Of Battle Creek assisted living in Michigan, we don't ask you to give up your home, your treasures, your memories. Instead, we want you to bring the pieces of the home you love into our Michigan assisted living and memory care community and make it yours.

Features of Bickford of Battle Creek

• Technology extra: Emergency call system

• 24 hour nurses: Yes

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $4,123/month

• Pets: All pets allowed
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: None

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): AH130278262