Williamsburg Senior Living Community

5445 Government Street, Baton Rouge, LA, 70806

Reviews of Williamsburg Senior Living Community

Joanne D. December 17, 2015

My mother is in the assisted living at Williamsburg. They have been most cooperative and helpful in taking care of my mom's needs and in working with her medicines. She has a one-bedroom with her own bathroom and a kitchen with a microwave oven, sink and cabinets. The dining room and the living room are all in one big room, and she has closets. They do exercises, play bingo, and have various groups come in to sing, dance, and make Christmas ornaments. They have a lady there that comes by and does their nails without charge. We are very pleased with how they treat my mom.

Robyn4 May 13, 2015

Williamsburg seemed to be a very nice community. It’s well-kept, and she’s very pleased with the care. The rooms were a little bit larger. She gets housekeeping twice a week. She seems to be pleased with the dining room, and the food is pretty good.

rbrtpaul5 May 07, 2015

My Mom has been a resident here for several years. Until recently, I would agree with the glowing comments. Nice facility, affordable, clean, activities. Will say that since new management, I have heard NUMEROUS complaints about the food and the fact that the managment team responds in an arrogant manner to complaints. These people may be old but, they deserve respect and to be listened to. Not told "if you don't like it give me 3 months notice, and leave". That is not an answer, that is a Blow off. I too am concerned about the lack of dietary structure by a real dietician. News flash, these people like to eat, let them. There are other meats on earth besides pork and chicken. Potatos and rice are not vegetables, they are a starch. They have a tenant meeting on Tuesday the 12th of May. I am seriously considering going in order to get both sides of the story. If I do, I will re-post with results.

John103469950 March 27, 2015

I found one, and my mom moved in already to Williamsburg Senior Living. I chose it because of the atmosphere, the location, what they had to offer, the people, the management, and the pricing. They are very helpful on giving some information and details of what they have to offer. When she first got in, they really helped her along to get established and have her settled in. They provide transportation and give them medications delivered there and things like that. The apartment she has looks nice. It's called a studio apartment with a nice kitchen, dishwasher, refrigerator, and microwave. Some places we looked at even for more money didn't have that. For the money, they had more to offer as far as the appliances and the layout. They got bingo and cards. They have ice cream and coffee in the evening. They bring them to the mall. Probably once a week, a bus brings them somewhere like Wal-Mart, the casino, or a store. She's been there for a month and a half, and so far so good.

DJames February 02, 2015

My mother is living here now at 92 and enjoying the social aspects. She is not too excited about the food and I do have some concern that the food director is not a registered dietician. The facility is the most reasonably priced facility in the area and the staff has been great except the General Manager has not addressed a serious issue regarding the resident in the unit above my mother. The woman starts playing loud music at 4:30 in the morning and also late at night. It is taking a toll on my mother and I am worried it will begin to affect her health. The GM has been avoiding the issue but we are meeting with him tomorrow to resolve the issue.

Mark47 December 03, 2014

I'm at Williamsburg Retirement Community. This place is surrounded by many stores and restaurants. Food is fabulous. There is an activity calendar put out each month. There are different social events taking place. Regarding services, they are great with their cleaning, and they clean the apartments every week.

Caring100464650 October 17, 2014

She's already been placed at Williamsburg Retirement Community. The staff are awesome. They are great and very personal. The rooms were very large with lots of storage. The food is very, very good. They do have buffet style with white table cloths and flowers on the table. Their dining room is very elegant. They have bingo and trips to Walmart. They have a hair salon. They do exercise, do get togethers, and play games.

jc_slidell46 August 11, 2013

The people seemed happy there. They had one-person bedroom. But they did not have any skilled nursing available.

nany August 20, 2012

We opted Williamsburg Senior Living Community for our mother after several initial visits to the facility. The staff is friendly and engaging with good supportive service. The food was always freshly prepared with a loving, homely touch. They offer a lot of activities for the residents and some of them will take advantage of that, but it seems that most of the residents prefer to stay in their rooms and to themselves. Our mother has the privacy and independent lifestyle she loved with the advantages of a nice touch of personal housekeeping care and active community events. The place is well taken care of, and feels very homey, with many sitting areas, gathering space, and public rooms that feel like living rooms. They always decorate for the holidays, and the place seems festive whenever I visit. The individual rooms are fair sized: not huge, but big enough for everything the residents need, with closets, bathrooms, and small kitchen units with the bare essentials (fridge and microwave). The residents all appear to feel comfortable roaming and using the community as they please, they "get" that it's their home and that the common areas designed so that they and their guests could have a comfortable place to retreat and socialize.

From Williamsburg Senior Living Community

Williamsburg Senior Living Community has been Louisiana owned and operated since 1987 by professionals specializing in senior living. Whether your lifestyle is active and independent or requires the assistance of our caring and trained staff, Williamsburg will exceed your expectations as a senior community.

Whether your lifestyle is active and independent or requires the assistance of caring and trained staff, Williamsburg will exceed your expectations as a senior community.

Depending upon your personal needs we have two packages plans available at Williamsburg. Residents can choose our Independent Living Services or our Assisted-Living Personal Services for those needing assistance with activities of daily living.

Living at Williamsburg is lively. Daily scheduled activities bring residents together for neighborly fun. With our full time activities director hard at work, there is always something to do at Williamsburg.

Strikingly beautiful and bright common areas -- First class amenities and service, including a staff that cares -- Live 2B Healthy Exercise Program -- Only Certified Community in Baton Rouge -- Daily activities for every interest group -- Good food and pleasant dining -- Weekly Mass, Rosary, Bible Study and Protestant Services -- Hair Salon -- Chapel -- Gardening -- Basic-extended cable included rent -- Fully equipped kitchens and spacious closets in all apartments

Features of Williamsburg Senior Living Community

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• We charge an entry fee
  • Monthly rent is all inclusive

• Pets: No pets allowed