Sunrise at Siegen

9351 Siegen Lane, Baton Rouge, LA, 70810

Reviews of Sunrise at Siegen

September 17, 2015

By Caring110862050

We also visited Sunrise at Siegen. It had a very comfortable homelike feeling. The staff was very professional. One thing that impressed me about Sunrise at Siegen was that they had a receptionist or a lady answering the phone who was a little older herself. She was close in age to the residents. It impressed me because most of the people who worked there were relatively young. So, it was kind of nice that they had somebody a little bit older also working there.

September 13, 2014

We went and saw Sunrise at Siegen. When I walked up to the building, my overall impression was, it was new, modern, and clean. It looked like it was a nice environment. There was a receptionist right up the front who was very friendly. She heard my story about my son. She told me about the facility. However, she never got back with me to let me know if they would actually take him or not at that age. So, I didn’t push it any further. She did offer, but I didn’t try to go on and see the room or anything. I noticed friendly residents sitting on the front porch. Some of the ladies were sitting and busy chatting.There were residents out of their rooms in little groups. It was probably a little late in the afternoon, so I was thinking they were having afternoon coffee. I heard them laughing and talking. So, it seemed like a nice group home. They had two dogs there. It seemed to be a very good idea to have some friendly dogs to pet. I thought that was warm and friendly. I tried to step out off the patio, but the alarm went off. To me, they should have free access to it. However, my situation is that my son is only 33 with memory illness. So, it is kind of hard to find a place that would take that young a person. However, they never called me back to tell me if they would take a 33-year-old. They seemed to be not in hurry to have this kind of unusual person in their place because they had a full house.

April 03, 2012

By delisa0715

I popped into this assisted living facility on a rainy weekday afternoon, without an appointment. I could grab 30 minutes out of my day to go and check them out. Feeling overwhelmed, I grabbed at the notion that my life could become more manageable. With the weather outside so deary, I found the inside of the facility buzzing with activities and cheer. I so wished I had made this visit five years ago. My mother has been in my home with little stimulation for five years. The last three years with 24 hour care. Even the best caregivers could pass away from boredom. My mom is now at a stage where I think that it is now worth the agony of making the adjustment to a new facility. But how I wish I had investigated other options earlier. She could have had others around her to talk to with her interests. She could have gone to the regular art classes. She could have led the art classes. I had the notion that all "old age homes" were the same. There were residents all over the place engaged in different activities. What was even more impressive was the social worker that was bringing me on the tour got off the elevator and recognized in just a minute that Ms. "Smith" didn't have her walker. She immediately told someone to go get a walker for Ms. Smith. This home has 86-90 residents. There were things in my own home with my own mom that I would forget and couldn't keep on hand (a cane for instance). All potential caregivers - take note - all facilities are not the same. Don't assume if you visit 5 that the 6th one will be a desolete, depressing place. Investigate all your options - you owe it to yourself and your loved one!

Photos of Sunrise at Siegen

About Sunrise at Siegen

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can?t help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you?ll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Map of Sunrise at Siegen