Sunrise at Siegen

9351 Siegen Lane, Baton Rouge, LA, 70810

Reviews of Sunrise at Siegen

delisa0715 April 03, 2012

I popped into this assisted living facility on a rainy weekday afternoon, without an appointment. I could grab 30 minutes out of my day to go and check them out. Feeling overwhelmed, I grabbed at the notion that my life could become more manageable. With the weather outside so deary, I found the inside of the facility buzzing with activities and cheer. I so wished I had made this visit five years ago. My mother has been in my home with little stimulation for five years. The last three years with 24 hour care. Even the best caregivers could pass away from boredom. My mom is now at a stage where I think that it is now worth the agony of making the adjustment to a new facility. But how I wish I had investigated other options earlier. She could have had others around her to talk to with her interests. She could have gone to the regular art classes. She could have led the art classes. I had the notion that all "old age homes" were the same. There were residents all over the place engaged in different activities. What was even more impressive was the social worker that was bringing me on the tour got off the elevator and recognized in just a minute that Ms. "Smith" didn't have her walker. She immediately told someone to go get a walker for Ms. Smith. This home has 86-90 residents. There were things in my own home with my own mom that I would forget and couldn't keep on hand (a cane for instance). All potential caregivers - take note - all facilities are not the same. Don't assume if you visit 5 that the 6th one will be a desolete, depressing place. Investigate all your options - you owe it to yourself and your loved one!

Show 1 More Review Show Fewer Reviews - Write a Review

From Sunrise at Siegen

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can?t help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you?ll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Location of Sunrise at Siegen