Sunrise of Baton Rouge

8502 Jefferson Highway, Baton Rouge, LA, 70809

Reviews of Sunrise of Baton Rouge

September 17, 2015

By Caring110862050

My mother is going to Sunrise of Baton Rouge. The one thing that impresses me is that it has a very home-like feel to it. It has a very comfortable feel. They think they will be able to meet her needs without her having to move to another facility as her condition progresses. The rooms are apartments are nice. They are comfortable looking. They are probably a little on the small size as far as space, but I think even though they are small, I think a person with a wheelchair or a walker can go around in them pretty easily. The staff has a very professional attitude.

June 25, 2015

Sunrise of Baton Rouge was a wonderful community. They certainly cater to people who have a little money. The person who gave us the tour was very knowledgable. The rooms were adequate but maybe a little smaller than the other communities we looked at. We didn't eat there, but I think their menu looked great. They also had several games and outings for the residents. They even had a calendar of activities posted.

March 31, 2015

I went to Sunrise. They have two different Sunrises here, and I thought both of them were just excellent. I would like to live there and cannot afford it. One of the things that really struck me at Sunrise is they have Golden Retrievers wandering the hall. They were very friendly and gentle. They were the pets of the place, and I thought that was very warming. The staff that showed me around was very knowledgeable and very thorough. It is marvelous. She also was very informative about things available for financing and helped me to get brochures for other services that I can call about like in-home services. It was just a whole lot of information that I was just beginning to search. Everything is so clean and gleaming. It was so airy and sunny, I wish I could afford to move there.

February 25, 2015

We visited a place called Sunrise of Baton Rouge. It is for my grandparents. It is very nice and homey. It didn't seem too much like an institution, and it seemed very home-like. The people were wonderful, but we had a little problem in the end. My grandfather said he didn't want to go while my grandmother had dementia, so we decided we were going to move her. We almost had my grandmother moved in. Then she started to get upset about it. The person on staff that day didn't really provide us with a lot of assistance, so we ultimately failed to get her to agree to stay. She was upset about it, and we had to bring her back home. The rooms were very nice. We have reserved a two room suite. I guess my only complaint about it was that the little kitchen area was very small. There was a lot of doors, so it would have been a little hard to put a little table and chair without putting it in the middle of the room. It would be hard to kind of walk around. It was very well maintained, very clean, and very nice.

October 17, 2014

The staff who accommodated me during my visit at Sunrise of Baton Rouge were fine and knowledgeable. Their apartments were small, and it does not have enough storage. I was not able to eat there, but their dining room looked fine.

June 27, 2014

By Sarah26

Sunrise was very nice and clean. It's on a busy intersection, so the parking and the traffic were not good. It's kind of in a bad location. But everybody was extremely nice. The rooms were nice, too. It's set up more like an apartment complex than a nursing home. Each person has their own room, and it even has a window out on the hallway so you can hang stuff and it's got your name. They make it like a home for the people, which is great. So it's not like a typical nursing home setting. But the reason we didn't go with them is because they didn't have a doctor there. Every day they had something for them to do. While we were touring, they were making jewelry.

May 29, 2014

By Caring82119050

My visiting experience over at Sunrise of Baton Rouge was very good and very positive. The location is convenient. It’s easy to get to off the interstate, and it’s not far from the major hospital. The staff was very good and gracious, and the director was really nice. I was very impressed. They really go the extra mile. The place was clean and spacious. It had very comfortable living conditions. It’s very good all the way around. The apartments that I saw were roomy, nice, and well organized. I’ve been there twice. First with my wife, and then with my second trip, I brought my mom over to look at it. She liked it, but from being at home, the change is pretty drastic for her.

February 24, 2014

Sunrise of Baton Rouge is a gorgeous place. The staff are very accommodating when I had my visit there. They were also very informative. The place is unique, but every expensive and so my brother wouldn’t be able to afford this facility. I just hope they would be able to provide rooms for the average income people and that would be great.

May 22, 2013

By Reese1

Sunrise is A+ on everything. It's one of the best in Baton Rouge. They take care of the residents very well. Their activities are very good for people with memory loss as well as those who are independent living in the facility. And the biggest thing is they can take someone who's independent to someone who has Alzheimer's, and they'll take them all the way. So I don't have to move my mom from one place to another. The place is also very homey.

October 24, 2012

By bbwhite284

I felt the place was a good home for people in need of assisted living. The facilities were nice especially the dining.Food at the home consisted of fresh and nutritious meals that can be found in the Louisiana Culture. The activities that were described by my Great Uncle sounded fun and he enjoyed going every day. He especially enjoyed the wii fit classes, which is a great way for the seniors in the home to stay active. Other choices on the schedule included art gardening painting and language study. The facility seems to have an activity for everyone to enjoy. The staff at the home was very friendly, they came to check on us several times and knew all about what my Uncle liked. They truly did care. The living home also gets the community involved and on some days local schools come by to talk with of preform for the elderly. From what I saw the community is a good place to stay and fits most peoples lifestyles.

October 20, 2011

By JimmyD

The Sunrise Senior Living care center is one of the most uplifting assisted living homes I have visited. I was looking for a convenient location for my great-aunt and I went to every center within Baton Rouge and the surrounding area, and found this to be, by far, the best. The experience starts off before even entering the facilities with a beautiful garden and a cozy cottage style building. Everything is in a bright yellow color to continue the Sunshine theme. The price is a bit more expensive than some of the other options, but in this case it is worth it. The staff is friendlier, the residents are happier, the activities are livelier, and all in all the experience is better. Although I wasn't able to try the food I did see it and it looked to be much more complete than the generic fare found at many living centers. Finally, the grounds are very complete with both indoor and outdoor recreation areas for both the active and disabled elderly. I saw many people visiting, medical staff on the grounds, and many assistants which seemed to actually care about the people who stayed there. Needless to say, I fully recommend this location.

November 25, 2009

By Sally Wellman

My loved one stayed here

My mother has been a resident here for about 18 months. She has received marvelous care. She is happy, healthy, and her hygiene is great. The facility is always clean and the atmosphere is bright, cheery, and welcoming. It feels like a 4-star hotel. The staff is great. I receive regular reports about her physical and mental health and any changes to it. Most of all, my mother, who has Alzheimer's, is happy there and all of her needs are met.

Photos of Sunrise of Baton Rouge

Features of Sunrise of Baton Rouge

• Nurse On Staff: Available During Business Hours

• Pets: Small Pets

About Sunrise of Baton Rouge

Located just minutes from Interstates 10 and 12, across the street from the Baton Rouge Country Club, Sunrise of Baton Rouge is an elegant home situated in an affluent, growing area of town. We pride ourselves in our focus on customer service and our reputation in the local community for providing excellent care for our residents.

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Map of Sunrise of Baton Rouge