Brookdale Towson

6451 North Charles Street, Baltimore, MD, 21212

Promotion ends in 8 days!

NOTHING SAYS SUMMER LIKE SAVINGS. Move into a Brookdale community by June 30, and receive a $1,000 rent credit! *Eligible new residents will receive a one-time $1,000 credit to the Basic Service Rate/Monthly Fee following the first 90 days of residency.

Reviews of Brookdale Towson

November 18, 2014

By Gayle9

We went to Emeritus Towson and we like this facility. We like the size of the rooms. They have a living room and a bedroom. We like the ambiance of the place. When we walked in, everybody was friendly. My dad is a veteran and they have a wall with all the veterans in the facility, and that was pretty cool too. Definitely this facility would be our first choice for my dad. I know they have different kinds of exercises that my dad would like. I like also that they have a community area where people can come down. Every day they make sure that they have something the residents can attend.

September 29, 2014

By Jamie7

They gave me a tour at Emeritus for both assisted living and memory care. They were very nice; they gave me a lot of good information and were very welcoming. They said they had people come in and entertain, they have meal tables with other people, and they have a little kitchenette during the day where people can go if they get hungry which I thought was nice. It was very clean, very up-kept, and I didn’t see anything upheaval. The place is very nice with a very big dining room place for people to sit, and it was very homey. They showed me some of the menu items that they served; it looked very good and nutritious.

August 14, 2014

By Karen67125250

I really liked the Emeritus. The rooms were nice. I just wasn't sure that was the best placement for my mother. They were right next to a Catholic church. My mother was Catholic, and I really like that. The staff was very nice.

June 10, 2014

We visited the Emeritus, and we were unimpressed with it. The people were nice, but it had a urine smell. I think the location is good. The people seemed very nice, but it's an older facility. The amenities did not appear to be as nice. The rooms were not as nice. We saw the dining facilities; they were OK. I don't think it's a bad place.

May 29, 2014

Emeritus was fantastic, but it was too expensive for us. It was great. I just think that it was so nice; I wouldn't mind it for myself. It was probably for people who have high incomes. The dining area was great. The staff was excellent. They followed up on us. They were very professional, too. The facility was excellent. It was also very clean. You would think you were in a hotel or a spa. It was very nice.

May 20, 2014

I had a very good visit at Emeritus. The staff was great. They were friendly and informative. They even gave me snacks and they were very good. The rooms and the dining area were both very nice.

June 19, 2013

By Joan P.1

Emeritus at Towson was farther from my home but it was absolutely wonderfully. It was on the same level as it's counterpart in Pikesville. The staff was great and their director was fabulous. It seemed like everyone had gone to How-To-Be-Nice-To-People 101.

September 23, 2012

By banthony

Emeritus at Towson is an assisted living center near the Greater Baltimore Medical Center. It's open daily and provides assisted living care as well as care for those with Alzheimer's disease and other memory issues. The setting is very pleasant and the building itself is very southern and looks almost like a manor. There is lots of greenery and walking paths as well. Inside the halls were quite clean and the seniors had a lot of freedom. There were activities like bingo and songs, as well as special visitors from time to time. The staff were very pleasant and treated the residents with respect, although there was one nurse that seemed to be having a bad day and was slamming things around a bit. The patient I visited had dementia, but seemed to feel at least somewhat safe, although she cried when I tried to leave, but that is the sad thing about diseases of the mind that can happen to the elderly. Overall, I would recommend Emeritus to someone looking for assisted living for their family.

June 16, 2012

By ThorthePenguin

I was only there for one visit for my grandfather so I didn't see too much. The staff seemed OK and the facilities seemed adequate. I do remember my grandfather was upset though because he wanted to go back home as soon as possible but the doctors and/or staff was trying to keep him there pretty much against his will "for his own good" as they had put it. There was an ubiquitous feeling of depression throughout the facility and people everywhere did not really seem happy or positive about life. It felt more like a place where old people just went to wait and die more than an active health facility that was trying to help them get better. I was glad to leave it when our visit was over and I felt sad for my grandfather. He left a few days later and I was very glad to hear that.

December 08, 2011

By Chris Carter

My mother is a resident of Emeritus at Towson and I think that it is a wonderful place! My mother was very reluctant to move to an assisted living center since she liked her independence, but I insisted since she needed some help getting around. Since moving into Emeritus at Towson, my mother has been very happy. She is allowed to go about her business but can easily access help if she needs it. Another great thing about this assisted living center is their memory care program, which caters to those with memory problems. My mother is in the beginning stages of dementia and this has been a great service for her, and offered me a lot of comfort. Another great thing about this facility is its location and the grounds. It does not feel like it is in an isolated place, which was key for my mother's approval. The grounds are wonderful and very well kept. Overall, I am really glad that my mother is at Emeritus at Towson!

Photos of Brookdale Towson

Services & Amenities of Brookdale Towson

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Minimum Age: None

About Brookdale Towson

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale Towson