Brookdale West County

Overview of Ratings

4.4

August 03, 2013

By Healthcare Consultant

My mother has been at this community for 4 months. I have had more problems than I can possibly describe here, but within 3 weeks of her arrival she had lost 10 lbs and been hospitalized for dehydration. They do not have a electonic medical record and therefore do not record the TIMES medication has been given. The administrator has REFUSED to follow her physicians written order. DO NOT GO HERE IF YOU LOVE YOUR FAMILY MEMBER. I am sorry I did. Looks pretty, but looks are deceiving.

July 25, 2013

We visited The Solana and the facility looks brand new. The place is very pretty and seems very nice. They have a very nice dining room, but they have very small rooms. They should make their rooms bigger.

May 22, 2013

By Bluffy_K42

The Solana West County was very beautiful and it was in the middle of a shopping area, but they still had some ground around. The cafeteria was beautiful and the rooms were nicely decorated. The staff were helpful and the residents could have their family over. The residents could also do some gardening, painting or use their fitness center. I would recommend this resort-like facility to others.

March 21, 2013

By ghosts

My parents entered The Solana West County in July 2012. It is clean, food is good and care is great. After my mother passed they reevaluated my father and they informed us he did not need to be on the Alzheimer's side but he would fit in the Assisted living side. The care of both my parents has been excellent and the staff knows all their tenants by first name and talk to them all the time. As with any kind of facility there is going to be certain issues that you will not like. Mine is the communication. In the beginning I had a hard time getting anyone to call me back from any voice mail message I would leave. It seems to be getting better. Over all I am very pleased.

March 21, 2013

By Bob20

The Solana West is a brand new facility. The staff was very receptive and very engaging, but as it was newer, we were not certain if they had everything figured out yet. They only had a few people out there and we felt that it would not be the right fit for my mother in law because she takes a little bit more attention. One of the things that they did not have was step-down skilled nursing. They were independent and assisted, but they did not have the full spectrum. As a facility, it was a wonderful property.

December 29, 2012

By Tyra1

The Solana West was gorgeous. The rooms, the staff are very, very nice. There was nothing I would have disliked about it at all. It's brand new, so everything is very nicely decorated, pretty, and clean. Everybody seems wonderful. I would recommend them to others.

Let Us Search For You

Features of Brookdale West County

• Minimum Age: None

• Licenses: Assisted Living Level 2

About Brookdale West County

Brookdale West County provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each assisted living and Alzheimer's care resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale West County