Rosewood Retirement Community

1301 New Stine Road, Bakersfield, CA, 93309

Reviews of Rosewood Retirement Community

David Dowdy August 13, 2013

I am an independent contractor that has been working for families who have a loved one in the nursing care portion of the facility. I specialize in touch therapy for the critically, chronically and terminally ill and have been making such visits with residents there for about 5 years now. I have also been in nearly every other care facility in Bakersfield doing the same work. Rosewood is by far the most attentive, patient/resident conscious facility I have had the pleasure of dealing with. The staff shows a level of attention and care, coupled with getting to know each resident in a wonderfully family like fashion, that gives the patients and family members peace and trust knowing that the facility truly cares. Now, this isn't just the nursing staff. EVERYONE affiliated with the facility has a caring smile, takes that extra moment to really say hello and see that all issues are remedied, from the janitorial crew to the Chaplains. They are constantly upgrading the facility itself so it doesn't fall into disrepair and remain on the cutting edge of the latest rules and regulations to keep all levels of care safe for residents as well as employees. The staff know their clients names, favorite activities, food and drink issues, sleeping and activity regimens, basically the likes and dislikes as though they are their own family and I see the clients reflect such love and calmness back to me that I know they are cared for beyond the standard. Maybe the fact that this is where I would want to be at this stage in my life says it all. I think Rosewood should be the 'Poster Child' to have as a goal for other facilities gauge their standards of care by.

Sir SELAB September 20, 2012

They are friendly, warm and professional. I have heard other people talk about the place, and I thought I should call them up, and to know more about it which I am glad I did.They do work with the families and doctores to accomadate diet restrictions.The staff is trained as if a 5 Star Vacation resort staff. The staff is beyond stellar missing not one point of detail to make your life here amazing. I would place my loved one here. Amazingly Beautiful.It feel so good to be there because you know our love one is in good hands you don't have to worried for them here this is nice place i would recommend this for all....

Baron2 January 06, 2012

The staff is very caring and knowledgeable and is willing to listen to all the crazy an elderly individual can throw. They are all specially trained and equipped to deal with anything my uncle could do. He had a habit of roaming the halls and creating stories but both of these were no issue. The staff was caring and kind and knew just what to do to make it easier for him to live there. I would gladly recommend this place.

allyB October 14, 2011

I visited Rosewood a little over a year ago. I was doing community service for my high school so I chose to volunteer at the Rosewood Retirement Community. Every time I was there the staff seemed very friendly and helpful. Everyone that was staying there also seemed very cheerful and happy as well. It was always very nice and clean in there. One of the jobs I did was to set up for a party that they would be having for the people that stay there. They have a lot of activities for the seniors to do and it seems like fun. They also try to keep things decorated for the holidays and it creates an atmosphere that feels homey and cheerful. They have a wonderful facility. The outside grounds are very nice and beautiful, and they have great places to walk or sit and enjoy the outdoors. It is a very nice place and I would recommend it to anybody.

About Rosewood Retirement Community

Rosewood Retirement Community is an assisted living facility in Bakersfield, CA that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Rosewood Retirement Community for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Rosewood Retirement Community