Payment

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Brookdale Bakersfield

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Reviews of Brookdale Bakersfield

Posted by Tricia13 June 15, 2015
4.0

I went to Brookdale Bakersfield, and it was big. I just took a tour of the place and took my mom over to look at it. They seem to be an OK staff, but I think the one in the other community are a little more caring. The rooms there were probably nicer. It was a little bigger, and for about the same price, they have a little microwave and sink in the room. They have more activities, and they have a van to actually take them places. The dining setup was nice. They just come in whenever they want to eat. It is more flexible on when they can eat because there are more residents there. There is a bigger time span between eating periods more like a café where they come and go. They have more activities than what I expected for this residence. They even have a hair salon with three or four slots. It was set up real nicely, and it has everything that they could need.

Posted by Pat101406150 January 25, 2015
4.0

I visited Emeritus at Bakersfield. I found the people there to be very nice, and the staff was very friendly. I found it clean, and it looked good. The people there seemed to be happy. The rooms were wonderful, and they were nice enough. I would like to live there. They were very clean and large in comparison to the other places. They were also bright which was very important.

Posted by Caring103511450 December 28, 2014

I like this facility because they have little houses and not just apartments. They also have swimming, and I know they do some exercise.

Posted by Dianne9493 November 01, 2014

I checked Emeritus at Bakersfield for my mother, and they seemed very nice. It looked well. The staff was very knowledgeable and kind-hearted, it seemed like.

Posted by Sue101104150 October 31, 2014

Emeritus at Bakersfield had long halls, very spacious and big. It was really good; they had a balcony which I liked, and it was very light. I could put lawn chairs in the balcony and sit there and sit outside which I liked. There was a woman there that showed us around. She was very friendly, and the lady there came by and talked to me and my daughter was with me. The woman invited me to come and visit her, and I said I would when I moved in.

I like the games, bingo, I like the shopping at WalMart, they take me to doctor’s appointment, picked me up, and brought me back home; I liked all that. They have a washer and dryer. I like the dining area; it was huge. I like the spaciousness, the bigness of the rooms, the layout, and the outdoors.

Posted by Caring43970050 September 30, 2014
3.0

Dad was at Emeritus, and it was OK. If I have to do it all over, I wouldn’t have put him in assisted living; I want to put him more into a house. He was in the big facility, but they don’t have as many people to watch him, and what killed my father eventually were a lot of falls and hitting his head. I would not have put him in a facility like that. The staff was nice, but then more the upper level staff was a little snotty it’s just didn’t run in the right way probably because I complained about the cleanliness, and they didn’t watch my father. Although more of the staff was pretty much nice but the RNs and the director of the place did not have good attitudes.

Posted by Caring77556350 January 31, 2014

I place my aunt in Emeritus. The staff is wonderful. They have been so good to my aunt and it has been a very positive thing. She is in a beautiful room. They put in new curtains, painted the wall and place new mini-blinds in. I have eaten a few times there and the food is very good. Since she moves there, she has a little bit more positive attitude and she gets up at 7 o'clock to go to breakfast, which she never did before. As far as the whole picture and all the activities, I am old enough but I am not ready yet, but I will live there and I highly recommend them.

Posted by L Gilli September 06, 2013

We recently had a tour of Emeritus of Bakersfield and were very impressed. The staff was very friendly and seemed quite efficient. The entire campus was clean and there were no unpleasant smells. The residents seemed happy to be there. Now if we could only convince my Mom that this is where she should be.

Posted by Caring2773 November 05, 2012

We just went through the housing and they just showed me around the dining room and the apartment. The rooms were nice.

Posted by S.O.A.P. March 06, 2012
4.0

I have a loved one residing at Emeritus. The facility is beautiful and the rooms are very spacious. There is a court yard that is nice but could use a makeover. When my loved one moved to Emeritus, the food in the dining room was very good, healthy and appealing. Due to some changes in staff, the food is mediocre at best now. The facility is safe and clean. The care and attention given by the aids is top notch though and the support staff is exceptional, (front desk, housekeeping, med-tech, maintenance, etc.) They genuinely care about the residents and really take good care of them. I do not feel the same way about the nurse in charge there or the administrator of the facility. I do understand that their job is to look out for whats best for everyone at the facility but the compassion and concern for the individual is lacking. If we were to do it over again, we would choose Emeritus because it really is a nice place but I wish it were more like it was when our loved one first moved in.

Posted by smeffreyd7 December 08, 2011
4.0

The setup of this facility is very well designed. The employees were all very nice and thoughtful of their residents. The facility had programs almost every day which was nice because it helped the residents get out of their rooms and get some exercise. My grandmother really loved this place and I did too because they kept very good care of her and she knew that. There was only one problem with this place was that they could have kept it a little bit cleaner. But other than that it was and still is a very nice place.

Location of Brookdale Bakersfield