NEED HELP FINDING ASSISTED LIVING FACILITIES?

Talk to an advisor for free: (866) 515-8248

Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

Reviews of Dominican Village

Posted by Caring108091950 June 20, 2015
4.0

Dominican Village is very nice. The staff seems very nice and very pleasant. My parents seem happy there. They do two meals a day in the common dining area. They seem to be happy with the food.

They have a social environment there. I know they are trying to give my parents involved in it, but my mother is ill at the moment, so it is not going very well on that, but hopefully overtime it will. The apartment is fine. It is almost as big as the area that they are using in the house. From my visit so far, I will recommend it.

Posted by Caring108541650 June 13, 2015

Dominican Village is just a lovely place with beautiful grounds, the meals are good, and the price was very affordable; that's the thing that is very important. Everybody was very nice. There was no problem with that at all. My parents have been here for two months now.

Posted by Steven15 January 30, 2015
3.0

We all thought Dominican Village was nice, and my mother would consider staying there if she actually looking for a place to stay at this point. The fact that she is willing to live there should say enough about the facility.

The rooms were small but nice. The tour we had was very nice; the woman that gave the tour was very professional and made my mother feel at ease. When we there, they were getting ready to watch a movie, some were eating, and some were just sitting in the lounge area. But the surroundings were not dated.

Posted by Caring104723850 January 20, 2015
4.0

Dominican Village is a very large community. There are many buildings, and so far it has been very pleasant. The staff was wonderful, they couldn’t be nicer. I have two very good sized rooms; one is the bedroom, one is the living room. I have a private bathroom and a full equipped kitchen. They go out by bus almost every day to take people if they want to go shopping or other activities. So far the food has been very good -- not great -- but very good.

Posted by BewareDominican July 14, 2014
1.0

PLEASE BEWARE!!!!! We recently moved Mom over to Assisted Living from Independent Living within Dominican Village. We bought a trundle bed so that my sister could stay over on weekends (as she was doing previously). They informed us the day of the move that she would no longer be able to stay over and to remove the trundle within 3 days or they were going to evict my 88 year old mother out into the street (I kid you not!). When we asked why, they stated that the Dept. of Health did not allow another person to stay over in the assisted living room. We called the Dept. of Health and were told there was no such regulation. The people who run this facility, specifically the CEO and his wife, were combative, dishonest and disrespectful during any and all conversations we have had with them. I would encourage you to please be VERY careful and explore all other options before considering Dominican Village as an assisted living facility for your loved one.

Posted by Laura31 March 30, 2014
4.0

Dominican Village was referred to us for my mother-in-law. I like the facility because it's clean and bright. The staff seem fine. The apartment is nice, spacious enough, and has what she needs. It has a nice bathroom as well.

Posted by Primary Care Physician July 31, 2013

I am a physician, my mom was at Dominican Village for 7 years before she needed more care and moved to a nursing home. Terrific staff and care! Thank God for the nuns doing God's Work!

Posted by bella1 September 11, 2012
4.0

This looked very nice on the outside, it is in next to a nunnery I think. The residence was very clean. There was a beauty parlor and cafeteria area. The apartment area was nice with a little kitchnette. We thought the area was very nice and clean. The neighborhood was not all that great though. The place itself seemed really nice and had a lot of activities available for residents.The people that worked there seemed very friendly. The residents I saw living there seemed to be quite happy at the residence. My aunt seemed to like the place too. She decided not to move there because of the surrounding neighborhood. Im sure it was safe but she was put off by the people she saw in the area.

Posted by Betty5 November 21, 2011
4.0

Caring personnel; many activities available; good dining

Location of Dominican Village