River Ridge at Avon

101 Bickford Extension, Avon, CT, 06001

Reviews of River Ridge at Avon

HappyH March 13, 2014

My mom was a resident for 4 years at River Ridge. The facility is beautiful and the staff are caring, compassionate, professional and fun loving people! My mom loved being a resident and made some close friends while there. My brother and I couldn't have asked for a better place for our mom to spend her final years of life. River Ridge definitely provides quality life options for seniors!

Dancer Faerie December 04, 2013

River Ridge is a great community. The aides and caregivers are wonderful! I highly recommend this place for a loved one.

Oli-tom December 04, 2013

They keep mom healthy, busy, and stimulated. They respond to our discussions. Glad we came here.

Janet39 November 04, 2013

It felt like the best fit and was close to our home. My dad is safe here has things to look forward to every day. Has made new friends. The staff is great-it's a 2nd chance at life and I'm not worried every time he doesn't answer the phone.

CTJoe November 22, 2012

River Ridge is a very clean facility, and there were always staff present in the hallways and at the nursing stations. My grandmother's room had a large window but limited space for her personal belongings. The food was served hot when appropriate, and my grandmother had a choice for all of her meals each day. She was checked on at least once per hour, and she could easily call for assistance. The family wishes that there were more organized activities for patients with dementia, but given the nature of the placement we were happy with the services.

only one July 28, 2011

Facility is acceptable for those who are mobile and have dementia. If you are looking for a place that needs more personal care, it is best to continue to look. High staff turnover related to nursing continues to be a problem. Limited choices in area makes it difficult for those who need assisted living.

Mary Temple August 21, 2009

My loved one stayed here

My Mom has been a long term resident here. In Jan 09 the entire nursing team left. Since then they have not had a steady nursingstaff on. The place looks good,staff is friendly. Many complaints from the residents. Costs are skyrocketing. If you need almost no assistance (6 hours a week) that is included in your rent. Next jump up is $2,000. add that to $4200 rent and it's staggering. Hard to phone calls returned. Not at all what the brochure is selling. beware.

We are very sorry for the experiences you've had at River Ridge. Your opinion, as well as the quality of care the residents receive, is extremely important to us. In 2009, Benchmark Senior Living made the important decision to undertake a complete change in the way we schedule managers and directors. Seven days a week, there is always upper level staff available to family members and residents. Some turnover in response to this commitment was inevitable. The staff we have are committed to providing the best care possible at all hours at all times. Since this time we have also changed our pricing and care level structure so please be assured that many of your comments have been reviewed and reacted to.

Again, we are sorry for any negative perceptions. Please come back and visit us again, as we strive to make improvements a part of our daily commitment to the residents.

From River Ridge at Avon

River Ridge at Avon is nestled in a quiet, residential neighborhood in the heart of beautiful Farmington Valley. We're conveniently located off Route 44 in the charming town of Avon, Connecticut, minutes from wonderful shops, dining, entertainment, and medical offices. Our superb location complements the quality of life found within our community. Residents enjoy a carefree lifestyle where they feel secure and comfortable. They marvel at the design of our atrium lobby, take strolls on our manicured grounds and serene walking paths, and enjoy our expansive outdoor courtyard. With all this, plus a wide variety of health and wellness amenities, our residents are active, social, and fulfilled!

River Ridge at Avon offers assisted living and The Harbor Program for the memory impaired.

Features of River Ridge at Avon

• Diabetic
  • Low fat
  • Low salt

• Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym, Ice cream parlor

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• Staff patient ratio: vary depending on residents' needs
  • Minimum age: 55

• Licenses: Yes

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living
  • We offer financial aid