River Ridge at Avon

101 Bickford Extension, Avon, CT, 06001

Reviews of River Ridge at Avon

March 26, 2014

By Lisa55927350

River Ridge has a great memory care unit and a high staff to resident ratio. They provide quality care. Mom needed a Hoyer lift, and they allow that. It's a great environment. She's in the memory care unit. The staff is very good. The rooms are nice, modern, and up-to-date. The memory care activities are a little bit different than what you have in traditional assisted living. They have singing, trips to an ice cream parlor, bowling, basketball, and other modified activities. They have entertainment that comes into the building, and they have birthday parties. I like the staff and their willingness to meet my mom's physical needs.

March 13, 2014

By HappyH

My mom was a resident for 4 years at River Ridge. The facility is beautiful and the staff are caring, compassionate, professional and fun loving people! My mom loved being a resident and made some close friends while there. My brother and I couldn't have asked for a better place for our mom to spend her final years of life. River Ridge definitely provides quality life options for seniors!

December 04, 2013

By Dancer Faerie

River Ridge is a great community. The aides and caregivers are wonderful! I highly recommend this place for a loved one.

December 04, 2013

By Oli-tom

They keep mom healthy, busy, and stimulated. They respond to our discussions. Glad we came here.

November 04, 2013

By Janet39

It felt like the best fit and was close to our home. My dad is safe here has things to look forward to every day. Has made new friends. The staff is great-it's a 2nd chance at life and I'm not worried every time he doesn't answer the phone.

November 22, 2012

By CTJoe

River Ridge is a very clean facility, and there were always staff present in the hallways and at the nursing stations. My grandmother's room had a large window but limited space for her personal belongings. The food was served hot when appropriate, and my grandmother had a choice for all of her meals each day. She was checked on at least once per hour, and she could easily call for assistance. The family wishes that there were more organized activities for patients with dementia, but given the nature of the placement we were happy with the services.

July 28, 2011

By only one

Other

Facility is acceptable for those who are mobile and have dementia. If you are looking for a place that needs more personal care, it is best to continue to look. High staff turnover related to nursing continues to be a problem. Limited choices in area makes it difficult for those who need assisted living.

August 21, 2009

By Mary Temple

My loved one stayed here

My Mom has been a long term resident here. In Jan 09 the entire nursing team left. Since then they have not had a steady nursingstaff on. The place looks good,staff is friendly. Many complaints from the residents. Costs are skyrocketing. If you need almost no assistance (6 hours a week) that is included in your rent. Next jump up is $2,000. add that to $4200 rent and it's staggering. Hard to phone calls returned. Not at all what the brochure is selling. beware.

We are very sorry for the experiences you've had at River Ridge. Your opinion, as well as the quality of care the residents receive, is extremely important to us. In 2009, Benchmark Senior Living made the important decision to undertake a complete change in the way we schedule managers and directors. Seven days a week, there is always upper level staff available to family members and residents. Some turnover in response to this commitment was inevitable. The staff we have are committed to providing the best care possible at all hours at all times. Since this time we have also changed our pricing and care level structure so please be assured that many of your comments have been reviewed and reacted to.

Again, we are sorry for any negative perceptions. Please come back and visit us again, as we strive to make improvements a part of our daily commitment to the residents.

Photos of River Ridge at Avon

• Low Salt

• Staff Patient Ratio: Vary Depending On Residents' Needs

• Licenses: Yes

About River Ridge at Avon

River Ridge at Avon is nestled in a quiet, residential neighborhood in the heart of beautiful Farmington Valley. We're conveniently located off Route 44 in the charming town of Avon, Connecticut, minutes from wonderful shops, dining, entertainment, and medical offices. Our superb location complements the quality of life found within our community. Residents enjoy a carefree lifestyle where they feel secure and comfortable. They marvel at the design of our atrium lobby, take strolls on our manicured grounds and serene walking paths, and enjoy our expansive outdoor courtyard. With all this, plus a wide variety of health and wellness amenities, our residents are active, social, and fulfilled!

River Ridge at Avon offers assisted living and The Harbor Program for the memory impaired.

Map of River Ridge at Avon