The Pavilion at Great Hills

11819 Pavilion Boulevard, Austin, TX, 78759

Reviews of The Pavilion at Great Hills

Bradley267114 August 21, 2016

We chose Pavilion at Great Hills for my father. It's good location-wise. My sister is down south and I'm north, so it's kind of in between. Initially, I did not know the staff and had heard from several people that they had been several turnovers there, so I was pretty weary. The marketing director was fairly young. However, as I spent time there, I really liked the staff, both the marketing director and the head nurse. I was pretty impressed with all of the people. They had more selection of rooms than the other place I visited. I liked the room selection and the room size. The space was nice. The main thing that that caused us to choose this one was the location and that the residents seemed livelier and more engaged. It was a larger facility. I thought the activity level of the residents was high, and my dad had been living independently, so, I thought it would be good for him to connect with the other residents. I felt like he has more options to do that there.

Rebecca47 March 31, 2016

Pavilion at Great Hills was a beautiful facility. The dining room was very nice and restaurant style with table cloths, menus, and assigned seating at tables, so they sit with the same people all of the time. The facility was very nice, and the rooms were very spacious, very clean, and very well-taken care of. There were lots of activities for the residents. You could tell that the staff really enjoyed being there, and they were very helpful. They had an area where they could watch movies or just watch TV, an area for music with musical guests who came in occasionally. I didn’t see anything that they need improving on.

Laurie42 January 01, 2016

My mom is at The Pavilion. It is good. She has been there for several months now. The service is good. They have quite a few activities, but it is pretty much up to the individual if they want to participate. They have full calendar of activities and things for the residents to do. The quality of care is pretty good.

Mark100839150 December 30, 2015

Pavilion at Great Hills was a very nice community. The people were absolutely fantastic. I wanted to place my father there originally but he changed his mind. It was a great community, and I have nothing bad to say about it at all. They had tons of activities. They even had something they called brain health, an activity they did every week in which they had people come from accredited universities to help the residents with their mental capacity. I have not eaten there, but I assume the food was good. It's the people there that really impressed me the most.

Denise L. November 25, 2015

My mom was at the Pavilion for a couple of years, and we noticed that the care went downhill as they could not keep their staff; they were not happy, so people were leaving. My mom was not happy there anymore, so we moved her to another facility.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our community. At The Pavilion at Great Hills, we view all feedback as an opportunity to improve our practices. It is important that you know we strive to provide the best care at all times to all of our residents. We pride ourselves on working together with our residents and families as a team and are extremely disappointed that you felt we did not meet your mother’s needs. Please call me directly at 512-249-0500 Ext: 202 to discuss your mother’s situation so that we can work together to resolve any outstanding issues and prevent any future reoccurrence from taking place again.

Sincerely,

Bill Naime

Caring105213450 April 25, 2015

I visited the Pavilion at Great Hills. It has nice apartments and nice dining facilities. I only dealt with one person, but she was very good and personable. The rooms were spacious and really nice. The dining room is very attractive, and they have a menu with multiple options, so it is very positive. I also talked to the residents, and everybody I talked to liked it.

Caring80573050 August 26, 2014

The Pavilion at Great Hills was very nice. It looked like they had nice dining services; they had lots of activities; and the people were very nice. It is a new facility; it is only two years old and the rooms were very nice. Their dining room was very nice, very clean, and lots of people were there. Maybe they can improve on the price because they were quite expensive.

Dana11 February 24, 2014

Pavilion At Great Hills is a very nice facility, but when it changed ownership the services declined. The rooms are large, they had beautiful wooden floors, beautiful countertops in the bathroom, they have a beautiful courtyard too, it's small. What I didn’t like about it was during meal time on their memory care side, they are served just kind of like dormitory style tables and the tables are in a very small area, they are crowded, and the food was very mediocre. When it was privately owned, the staff was very nice. They had a lot of staff members and they had a lot of activities for the memory people. But once it changed ownership, the number of staff seemed to dropped dramatically and so did the services. It was like everything was basically cut in half. We constantly found my mother's room not clean with fecal matters on the floor. Mom begged me to move her out there badly.

commercesd May 30, 2012

While searching for a place for my brother's friend to live, we visited the Pavilion at Great Hills. This neighborhood is a favorite of the family as they have connections there.

We liked the well-kept park setting because the outdoors has always been a big part of his life. The spacious grounds were well kept, with plenty of nice seating areas for residents and visitors to enjoy.

Indoor areas were all clean, bright and cheerful, with a nice library area and large rooms for other activities, like board games and different kinds of socializing. There were other areas where residents may read, sit with friends or just relax. The computer lounge and salon are very convenient and were well maintained.

The fitness and wellness center was well equipped and they offer classes regularly. The film collection looked interesting and the theater also hosts performing artists. They also regularly go to local movie houses - sometimes venturing out to see foreign and independent films, which my brother's friend really enjoys.

A variety of fresh, healthy foods are offered and suit all dietary needs. The dining room was comfortable and beautifully decorated. Snacks are also available all day every day and whenever requested.

The private apartments were all nicely sized and decorated. The staff and management were very accommodating and eager to make the residents and visiting families comfortable.

The staff encourages family members to visit regularly and participate in some of the annual activities, such as barbeques and holiday parties. This is a very nice living environment meant to give the residents a sense of home and independence, while still providing the the level of care they require.

emrfd November 10, 2011

The Pavilion at Great Hills is a good choice if you're looking for a mid-range assisted living community with quality care. The Pavilion has skilled nursing care and also a separate section of housing units dedicated to residents with memory challenges (i.e. dementia, Alzeheimers). The memory care section is much smaller than the assisted living section. During the time I worked with my client's mother, I did not see any employees yell or become impatient with residents. Staff members seem to genuinely care about the residents. Pricing appears to be reasonable with mid-range communities. Dining could use some improvement, since not all of the items on the menu seem to be available. The Pavilion has a fitness center and exercise classes, and I believe they also offer transportation and monthly outings around downtown. The patio area is nicely designed with landscaping, brick walkways between units, and tables and chairs for residents to socialize outside.

From The Pavilion at Great Hills

Senior assisted living at The Pavilion at Great Hills offers residents the best of both worlds. All benefits of our senior living community are combined with a full spectrum of senior care services to create a premier senior assisted living community. Residents enjoy beautiful surroundings, on-site amenities and social programs alongside continual on-call medical care.

At The Pavilion at Great Hills, we adhere to state-of-the-art standards of senior assisted living while providing a special touch. Our residents receive personal and comprehensive care and are consistently treated with the dignity and respect they deserve. Whether our residents need help with day-to-day activities, getting to appointments, or medication management, our caregivers kindly and competently meet those needs.

Our assisted living community in Austin has been purposefully designed to provide you or your loved one with a nurturing, comfortable, home-like environment that is attractive and easy to navigate. We foster community and family by hosting many activities and events each month. Residents are encouraged to participate in as many pursuits and outings as they like, appropriate to their ability. No matter what, everyone is treated as an individual person with unique needs.

At The Pavilion at Great Hills, our residents live life to its fullest as they age in place.

Assisted Living Amenities

• Personalized Care Plans
  • 24-hour Staffing
  • Emergency Response System
  • Scheduled transportation to local shopping and medical appointments
  • Award winning Wellness Everyday™ programs, provided 7 days a week
  • Dining for Wellness™ - educational and wellness program
  • Brain Health University™
  • Beauty and Barber Shop
  • Housekeeping and maintenance service
  • All utilities and basic cable included
  • Individually controlled heat and central air
  • Fresh, seasonal cuisine prepared by the dining service team

Community has 116 AL apts. (Studios, 1BR, 2BR) and 23 memory care apts___ Pet friendly and hair and nail salon on-site___located in beautiful Austin Hill country___ minutes away from fabulous shopping (ARBORIETUM AND DOMAIN)___In house home health and phy

Features of The Pavilion at Great Hills

• Minimum Rate $3750/month
  • Minimum Memory Cost $3400/month
  • Fee Structure Extra We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Dining Extra All Of Our Apts Have Kitchens No Cook Tops. We Also Have A Private Dining Room

• General Store