Elmcroft of Austin

7017 Manchaca Road, Austin, TX, 78745

Reviews of Elmcroft of Austin

Ed32 January 16, 2015

We have been at Elmcfort of Austin a couple of times. We went there harvest special or October festival; they had a band and a dinner that night. The chef came out and met mom because she used to work in food service too and explained to her what she was going to have and what she could choose from. We kind of thought that was kind of interesting.

It’s a little older than the other one, and they are remodeling so I’m sure when they get through it’s going to be beautiful. What we’ve seen of the new rooms is excellent. The administrator was very accommodating; she also invited to all these different little things. They didn’t have a room where mother could stay overnight as they were full; she would be on the waiting list there for a while. We saw their calendar, and it looked like it was quite complete with exercise and bingo. She met a lady that is a resident there who has been there for five years.

Caring96172450 July 20, 2014

We found Elmcroft. We were well pleased with the location and the friendliness of the staff. My mom liked it there. It's a smaller community. She was real happy with the way they treated her and how fast they were able to get her in and all the things that they can help her with. Her room is like a studio because she doesn't like to sleep in a bedroom. She likes to have a big, open area. The food is very good. I've eaten there myself a couple of times. The transition was very easy. They were very helpful. My mom was OK with it. She was real happy with moving there, and everybody was very friendly there. They bend over backwards to help us. They were real good. I'm very pleased with them. They were reasonable price-wise. I was impressed with Elmcroft.

Alicia6 May 09, 2014

Elmcroft was a beautiful facility. When you walk in, you go in the back. The dining room was very pretty. It’s right behind a shopping center, though, and it’s a very busy street. I didn’t get to meet the staff; it was the janitor who gave me the tour. What I didn’t like was he showed me a room and he didn’t knock.

Diane83532050 April 30, 2014

I liked the location of Elmcroft. It was the one closest to my home at that time. I thought it was very nice. The rooms were fine: not too big, and not too small. I didn't meet a lot of staff, and I spend a lot of time with the interviewer, the one who greeted me. Their activities were pretty much the same. They tried to keep them busy.

Isabel4 December 27, 2013

We visited Elmcroft of Austin twice. I'm very interested in this facility. The set up is really nice, like a U shape. There are the rooms, the cafeteria, and then it goes around to more rooms and the office. You can walk around and you'll never get lost. They were very helpful.

When I visited the first time, I looked at the rooms. Then they billed me even if my dad was not a resident. They did it again the second month. I wrote them a letter and they corrected it. They also treated us for lunch and it was good. The food is set up all day. You can request for any food if you give the cook a heads up.

Joy12 August 26, 2013

Elmcroft of Austin was nice. They seemed to be okay and doing well.

austincaring July 16, 2013

This facility has improved considerably in the year and a half since Elmcroft purchased the property. Gwen, the Executive Director, tirelessly works to continually improve operations and provide a high level of care. The nursing and CNA staff is very caring and dependable. We have had experience with about a half dozen facilities over the past several years, and this one provides a level of service that is as good or better than ones charging considerably more. The key is communication. We know most of the staff by name, and this helps all of us to focus on the common goal of caring for our loved one.

Margaret G. October 15, 2012

My Mother is living at Elmcroft and she is so very happy living there. I am pleased that all of the employees are extremely pleasant and kind to my Mother. It is as though they are a family to her. I visit often and various times of day and i have never seen anything out of place at the facility, and someone is always cleaning or maintaining something. It is a lovely facility and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for assisted living.

DaughterTwo October 07, 2012

Initially our experiences were good with this facility. However, over the course of more than one year the facility and the management went down hill. Food became worse. Staff to resident ration was worse. Facility maintenance was delayed. We moved our mother due to these events.

From Elmcroft of Austin

Residents of Elmcroft of Austin are proud of the independence they maintain and enjoy the security of 24-hour personalized assistance. While we offer a helping hand with day-to-day tasks such as dressing, bathing and medication monitoring, they are treated as the accomplished individuals they are. They enjoy the freedom of choosing their own agenda and activities, while feeling secure in knowing that we are always there to provide support should they need it.

Elmcroft of Austin is located in the heart of South Central Austin and within walking distance to shops, banks and restaurants.

Features of Elmcroft of Austin

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class, Happy hour

• Private services

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• We charge an entry fee
  • Monthly rent is all inclusive
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $5,340/month

• Minimum age: 50

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): 100114