Elmcroft of Austin

Overview of Ratings

4.1

May 09, 2014

By Alicia6

Elmcroft was a beautiful facility. When you walk in, you go in the back. The dining room was very pretty. It’s right behind a shopping center, though, and it’s a very busy street. I didn’t get to meet the staff; it was the janitor who gave me the tour. What I didn’t like was he showed me a room and he didn’t knock.

April 30, 2014

By Diane83532050

I liked the location of Elmcroft. It was the one closest to my home at that time. I thought it was very nice. The rooms were fine: not too big, and not too small. I didn't meet a lot of staff, and I spend a lot of time with the interviewer, the one who greeted me. Their activities were pretty much the same. They tried to keep them busy.

December 27, 2013

By Isabel4

We visited Elmcroft of Austin twice. I'm very interested in this facility. The set up is really nice, like a U shape. There are the rooms, the cafeteria, and then it goes around to more rooms and the office. You can walk around and you'll never get lost. They were very helpful. When I visited the first time, I looked at the rooms. Then they billed me even if my dad was not a resident. They did it again the second month. I wrote them a letter and they corrected it. They also treated us for lunch and it was good. The food is set up all day. You can request for any food if you give the cook a heads up.

August 26, 2013

By Joy12

Elmcroft of Austin was nice. They seemed to be okay and doing well.

July 16, 2013

By austincaring

This facility has improved considerably in the year and a half since Elmcroft purchased the property. Gwen, the Executive Director, tirelessly works to continually improve operations and provide a high level of care. The nursing and CNA staff is very caring and dependable. We have had experience with about a half dozen facilities over the past several years, and this one provides a level of service that is as good or better than ones charging considerably more. The key is communication. We know most of the staff by name, and this helps all of us to focus on the common goal of caring for our loved one.

October 15, 2012

By Margaret G.

My Mother is living at Elmcroft and she is so very happy living there. I am pleased that all of the employees are extremely pleasant and kind to my Mother. It is as though they are a family to her. I visit often and various times of day and i have never seen anything out of place at the facility, and someone is always cleaning or maintaining something. It is a lovely facility and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for assisted living.

October 07, 2012

By DaughterTwo

Initially our experiences were good with this facility. However, over the course of more than one year the facility and the management went down hill. Food became worse. Staff to resident ration was worse. Facility maintenance was delayed. We moved our mother due to these events.

Photos of Elmcroft of Austin

Features of Elmcroft of Austin

• Minimum Memory Cost: $4650/month
  • Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym

• Tai Chi
  • Activities Extra: Computer Class, Happy Hour

About Elmcroft of Austin

Residents of Elmcroft of Austin are proud of the independence they maintain and enjoy the security of 24-hour personalized assistance. While we offer a helping hand with day-to-day tasks such as dressing, bathing and medication monitoring, they are treated as the accomplished individuals they are. They enjoy the freedom of choosing their own agenda and activities, while feeling secure in knowing that we are always there to provide support should they need it.

Elmcroft of Austin is located in the heart of South Central Austin and within walking distance to shops, banks and restaurants.

Map of Elmcroft of Austin