Brookdale Spicewood Springs Assisted Living

4401 Spicewood Springs Road, Austin, TX, 78759

Reviews of Brookdale Spicewood Springs | Assisted Living

August 25, 2014

The facilities of Emeritus at Spicewood Springs were nice. The grounds were not quite as large as the other place, but they were still nicely kept. The staff seemed very friendly and helpful and they have activities planned as well. They do not have a pool, but they do have a nice outdoor area where the residents can sit and it was pretty well shaded with a pond. They also have a recreational area where they have some exercise classes for those who would like to participate and a community area where people just get together. They have assisted living and skilled nursing as well, but they don't have the totally independent living. In the assisted living space that they had available, the room was not as large, but it was still quite nice. And, because they start at assisted living, none of the rooms had a full kitchen. We saw their dining facility and it was nice.

June 17, 2014

By bethans56

I went to Emeritus, and it was very nice. They did have a lot of daily group and individual activities. There were two sides: a nursing home side and an assisted living side. I had lunch, and they had 3 meals. One is a regular meal, one is a diabetic meal, and one is no salt added. Well, that's great, but when you open a can of Campbell soup it has 500mg of salt. So, I thought it was an awareness issue, and maybe they could wash the things from the can, like the beans or lentils. However, the beds are comfortable. It don't know if they had OT, but I know they had PT.

March 21, 2014

By Carol80683050

Emeritus is really wonderful. They take very good care of my father and he is doing pretty good. He was a retired Air Force in World War 2 and Korea. In the beginning, he hated it. He was very angry at me. But now, he's very pleased and he feels safe. I think he's very happy and feeling very well.

February 24, 2014

By Dana11

We did not like Emeritus at Spicewood Springs at all! They are charging $300 a day and they want to charge you an elevated fee on top of that depending on what their care they had to give her. They were also putting her on Ensure even if my mother has a good appetite. They were letting her drink Ensure because they didn’t want to take the time to cut up meat for her because she doesn’t remember to use a knife anymore. I would say if you need memory care don’t go to Emeritus. Mom fortunately stayed there for only two weeks. They like all the patients to be strapped into the wheelchair and they have a nurse's station that looks just like a nurses station in a hospital. The beds are hospital beds. The rooms are very small, the furniture is beat up and they don’t let the memory care residents participate in with the activities on the assisted living side. They are also very difficult to work with when it comes to her medication, her medical care, and getting her medical records. They had a very poor attitude about their patients. It was like they were already burned out on their career.

August 14, 2012

My husband and I are already settled in an assisted living community in Emeritus at Spicewood Springs. We are both happy being in the place. We've been here for about 6 weeks now. We studied this on the internet and there are also people who referred this to us. What we like best about this community is that the fact that we both are comfortable with our new home.

January 09, 2012

By commercesd

We checked out Spicewood Springs as part of a tour we were doing in the Austin area to find a home for our uncle. Some of our family lives there, so it makes sense to consider the area. The staff was immediately kind and caring, understanding how it is when you need to find a place for a loved one to live. The outer grounds, we noticed, were really beautiful. The entire area of the Northwest Hills is great for anyone who enjoys the outdoors. There are beautiful walking lanes, and many other scenic views at the Hill Country area. The dining room was lovely with comfortable seating. There are also private dining rooms to reserve. The staff will prepare food for private parties or it can be catered as desired. The food is prepared by a chef who has worked at some five star restaurants, which we could tell from the menu. They also offer plenty of snacks throughout the day. The communal areas were all spacious and bright. There is a library, music room, media room, crafts, gaming and general activity room. The residents can also enjoy exercise classes and visiting the local gym regularly if they like. The staff interaction showed us how well the residents are cared for in this assisted living community. We really liked everything it has to off.

Photos of Brookdale Spicewood Springs

Features of Brookdale Spicewood Springs

• Housing Extra: Alcoves & Suites

• Features Extra: Library

• Licenses: Assistd Living Type B

About Brookdale Spicewood Springs

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Our community is conveniently located between Mopac (Loop 1) and Capital of Texas Highway (360) on Spicewood Springs Road (at Mesa). Brookdale Spicewood Springs’ highly qualified, twenty-four hour staff can provide assistance with all activities of daily living (dressing, bathing, grooming, medication assistance, laundry and regular housekeeping). In addition, our services include medical supervision by LVNs & Resident Assistants, transportation, restaurant –style dining and a wide range of recreational activities. Our Assisted Living Team has been deficiency-free on the state survey for 15 years in a row! We also offer a Skilled Nursing neighborhood, providing each resident with the very best in 24 –hour nursing and rehabilitative care.

Map of Brookdale Spicewood Springs