Brookdale Round Rock

8005 Cornerwood Drive, Austin, TX, 78717

Reviews of Brookdale Round Rock

Caring111843650 September 07, 2015

Horizon Bay is a memory care, and it was very difficult for my mother to make friends there because they didn’t remember you from one day to the next. Their staff does not take care for the residents and do not seem to be their primary concern. They take advantage of the fact that they don’t know what you would do, and they don’t care for the residents like they should. They don’t follow through on what they say they’re going to do. Mom has been there a little over three years.

The food is a very bad issue with them. They have had many changes in the last three years, many different cooks. They normally have a very short staff as far as servers. I went there yesterday and was with my mom all day there yesterday because she was actually afraid to be there by herself that they wouldn’t care for the medications that she needed while she was sick yesterday. I went into the dining room in the evening to have dinner, which was a grilled cheese sandwich; it took an hour and a half to get that.

The rooms and apartments: the kitchens are little tiny kitchenettes, and there is no storage in this place. It’s not like living in an apartment; it was more like living in a hospital type situation. When I originally put her there, they had wallpaper on the walls, and things looked a lot nicer. Right after she moved into there, they were bought by another company, and they redecorated everything and made it look more hospitalish as oppose to more homish.

For their social recreations, they do have bingo, tours, and happy hours which the orders and stuff that they serve them are usually pretty bad.

They need to take a hard look at what they are doing with their residents there; they are not putting them first. They have a brand new director that’s just started, so I don’t know if he is going to make a positive difference or not, but the last one did not.

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us is not meeting you and your loved one’s expectations. Please be assured the safety and well-being of our residents is our first priority and we share their concerns as well as the concerns of their loved ones. We would welcome an opportunity to discuss it with you personally and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296.

Clint6 May 27, 2015

They were fine, and they had a very nice facility. Horizon Bay was newer, and the staff was friendly. We saw the rooms and their in-home healthcare group or nursing group, and that's about it.

Jerry45 April 07, 2015

Horizon Bay Round Rock was really nice. It was quiet and convenient. The rooms were in pretty good size, and the atmosphere was more homey.

Virginia40 February 26, 2015

I chose to visit Horizon Bay because of geographical proximity to where I am. It is a caring community with a home-like atmosphere. I thought the staff was very respectful with the residents there. They said they were guests in the resident's home. I just like the attitude of the staff towards them. The rooms were nicely done. With the couple of rooms, it acted kind of like a neighborhood. There were eight rooms around the common area, and I liked that arrangement. The common dining area is attractive and nice. They have a whole variety of activities. I looked at their calendar, and there was shopping trips to Wal-Mart and to wherever people wanted to go. They have just a variety of events that the residents planned. The attitude of the staff and their commitment to serving the residents there stood out to me.

Caring92163450 August 17, 2014

The rooms at Horizon Bay Round Rock were large. They don't have full kitchens, but they do have a small refrigerator, a sink, and so forth. All the meals were served and the food was very good. The dining area was set up very nicely with cloth tablecloth and napkins. The staff was very friendly. They had full-time nurses on the staff. They seemed to be doing pretty well.

Caring81525950 May 20, 2014

Horizon Bay Round Rock was a good place. Everything was good. The people who worked there were very nice.

Lisa83112250 April 24, 2014

I visited Horizon Bay, and they were very friendly. They showed everything. They answered all my questions. It was one of the smaller places that I had visited, and it was a very homey place, and it was really nice all around. The rooms were larger than what I had expected, and the food was really good. They had a whole calendar full of activities that ranged from cards to movies, and they even had a few excursions, which were very neat.

Caring80320750 April 09, 2014

Horizon Bay Round Rock is really nice. We haven't had a whole lot of problems. I think they take very good care of my mother. Her apartment is really nice, a good size, and bigger than usual. I think it's a little pricey, but I think it's probably in the normal range for that area. The attitude of the staff is great. They're very nice. They have people who cook. But in my opinion, people who are old need to have more home-cooked food, and they need to have meatloaf and normal hometown food. To me, sometimes their food is not really desirable. My mother is very picky, and she's a country woman. A lot of the people gripe about the food.

They remodeled, and it's very pretty and very welcoming. The back porch is very nice. It has chairs like a normal home back porch. They have some vegetables back there that people have grown. It's really homey. They go to Walmart and HB, and then they go to different little outings and they have fitness, movies, church, different choirs, different programs, and on Fridays they have happy hour where you can have alcohol. They serve alcohol and regular drinks and snacks.

My mother didn't want to go anywhere else because it was right by my two brothers who live down the street. It looks like a big huge house, so she felt comfortable right away when she went in. She liked it and so she didn't want to go look anywhere else. She's younger than most. A lot of people are way older than her. I think they could improve on the food.

Caring81811350 April 01, 2014

Horizon Bay was a beautiful, small facility. It's a very bright, well-lit, and nicely laid out facility. But the rooms were very small. And that's my drawback for going there. Also, my mother has dementia. When she needs to go to memory care, that facility was not as big as some of the others. What we're hoping is that we'll be able to place my parents both together in the same building at some point. The staff seem great. Everyone has been really very positive, upbeat, and helpful. It was beautiful.

Caring Daughter0000026 November 27, 2013

Horizon Bay was clean and recently renovated. The staff is super friendly. My dad loves the dining facility and the food is fantastic. He is treated super well. He just needs a safe place to live where he is well fed and taken care of. The admissions director was absolutely the best and she was one of the main reasons we chose that facility.

Caring68603650 October 15, 2013

Horizon Bay is absolutely a beautiful facility with fresh and clean rooms and nice people, but my income was not enough for it.

Beyda September 25, 2013

Horizon Bay was beautiful. We loved it. It was very clean, upgraded, their rooms are gorgeous and it doesn't look like an assisted living at all. The staff was excellent and very warm. The person who made the presentation for us, she was excellent and she even called us up all the time to know if we have decided. If mom and dad could not do things on their own, we would consider that place.

caring0430113 May 12, 2013

My parents have been at Horizon Bay Round Rock for a week now. The place was in the process of updating facilities when my parents went in, so I liked that. The staff is nice.

babs6219 April 25, 2012

I cannot recommend this facility enough! I was thrilled with their willingness to answer our questions and I would have loved to put our father there. They seemed very kind and welcomed visits and questions on every visit that we made.

commercesd January 11, 2012

Horizon Bay is a conveniently located assisted living facility in the Austin area which we visited for our aunt. It is pet-friendly - which is a relief, because she really loves her kitty.

The grounds outside were lovely - and the interior wrap around porch was really pleasant to see and sit in. There is plenty of light in the whole facility, which is an added bonus for us.

The library is large and stocked well, with plenty of places to sit and enjoy a book -- lots of comfortable chairs. The large living room had a beautiful fireplace with a lot of seating, as well.

The dining options are designed as a restaurant-style setting with plenty of fresh foods with lots of nutritional choices. They also offer a full soup and salad bar each day -- which is something our aunt would really enjoy.

They offer many programs and services designed to enhance the lives of all of the seniors - with some we haven't seen before. For example, the Matter of Balance, creative writing and Mind Aerobics. They really go out of their way to provide the most stimulating activities possible.

They take the residents on many exciting excursions in and around the community. The staff interaction we saw told us how well the residents are really cared for here.

The convenient salon is something else that our aunt would really enjoy.
The apartments were nicely decorated and all have plenty of windows and natural bright lighting - with neighborhood views.

This is a really beautiful community with caring staff -- a place where any senior would be happy to call home.

From Brookdale Round Rock

Brookdale Round Rock provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Brookdale Living's Austin, TX community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional independent and assisted living services, amenities, and opportunities we offer. And, the residents at Brookdale Round Rock can rest assured that as their needs change, we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Optimum Life® and Celebrations provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of the residents of this independent and assisted living community, their families, and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self-discovery including services, features, and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life®, the mission of Brookdale Round Rock is to encourage our independent and assisted living residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar at Brookdale Living's Austin, TX community with themed experiences, special events, and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Brookdale Round Rock is located in the neighborhood of Brushy Creek in Round Rock and very close to Austin and Georgetown.

Features of Brookdale Round Rock

• Technology extra: Emergency call system

• Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes
  • Hospice care

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Fitness Room/Gym

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Tai chi

• Private services

• Licenses: type A & memory care type B
  • State License(s): 030306

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Brookdale Round Rock