Brookdale North Austin

5310 Duval Road, Austin, TX, 78727

Promotion ends in 15 days!

IT'S YOUR MOVE. LOCK IN THE 2017 RATE FOR LIFE. Lock in a rate that will never change for residents who take financial possession of an apartment by December 23, 2016. *New residents only. Excludes care costs and other fees. Additional details may apply.

Reviews of Brookdale North Austin

Rikki1 October 05, 2015

Brookdale North Austin was a good facility. They did offer all the services my father needed. In fact, this was the facility where we agreed to put my father into. Everything was fine, but the only problem was they didn't have a room for him right away. However, I would recommend Brookdale North Austin before any of the other ones for a lot of reasons.

Caring66438050 June 26, 2015

Brookdale North Austin looked like a pretty active community. They had some gardening areas and a little walking area outside. They also had various games and movies. It was pretty good.

Caring104581750 April 07, 2015

Emeritus (Brookdale North Austin) was good, but it wasn't as close to my house, and it didn't have the independent living option. The rooms were fine and well maintained. I liked the cleanliness of the place.

Anonymous94876950 March 23, 2015

Everybody was wonderful at Brookdale North Austin. It felt like my dad would enjoy it there. The dining room was really great. The residents were very pleasant. The rooms were cool. They left me with a very good impression so much that we paid them for the first month because we were just ready to bring him in before he passed away.

Caring99073850 December 28, 2014

Brookdale is an average place. The staff is helpful. My dad is in a shared room, and it is adequate. The food is good. They have activities like exercise. They take them places. They have concert, TV, movies, board games, and poker nights. The value and the care stand out to me.

Marsha18 September 08, 2014

My mom has been in Emeritus at North Austin for four years. I like that it is really close to where we live. The staff is good and friendly. She's in an apartment. They have a menu for the day but she is not very happy with the food. They need to improve on the food. The activities are very good and she loves it. They have bingo, wine-tasting, puzzles and games. They have entertainers and bands come in to sing or play the guitar. They have a lot of parties and a lot of things going on. She likes it there.

Caring87778450 July 19, 2014

Emeritus seemed to be very caring, and my mom is adjusting very well there. Everything seems to be going real well. The room has a bathroom and a little kitchenette. It has a sink, a refrigerator, and microwave. The dining area has a restaurant setup. They have a couple of daily activities. She has exercise every morning and is doing well. They could improve on their choice of food.

Stephen12 June 26, 2014

My mother's been at Emeritus North Austin since March. I like them. She's doing well there. I like the staff.

Caring79926350 April 06, 2014

They were my second choice. The only reason why I didn’t like Emeritus at North Austin is because the location was kind of hard to get to, but everything else was wonderful. It wasn’t new and modern, but it was clean and organized, and friendly. The front door was only locked at night, which was a concern; and the other concern was that the location was difficult for my family to get to. My mother is elderly and she would have a hard time driving there from where she lives in Taylor, so that was a big deciding factor.

Caring1460 April 30, 2013

We chose this facility because of their size. We needed respite care and just needed a short stay. They were willing to accommodate her gluten free diet and do a good job of it. They had an extra service which was to come to your house, pick up furniture that she might want and any knick knacks so she feels at home. The food is good and the people, who work there, are very caring, friendly and accommodating.

Caring85779 February 29, 2012

I really liked this property for my Mother. I had visited 1 or 2 other facilities in the local area.

What I liked about Emeritus North Austin was the fact that the people were very responsive to our needs, It fit well within our budget, It was very clean, It is a pet friendly facility, And The food was great!

The Manager of the food staff met us and served us lunch. Shortly after we moved my Mom in, there was a turnover in staff. The quality of service and food went down.

Some of the Med Tech's seem to be stingy with pain medication and show a lack of concern as to the way her medication should be administered.

jokerpkt February 29, 2012

My wife started volunteering at Emeritus Senior Living by painting finger nails of the female residents every Wednesday. This is how she found out about a Valentine's day dinner they were hosting. As soon as she mentioned it, I jumped at the opportunity to help out.On the day of the dinner, my wife gave me the tour of the place. It was clean, the staff was funny and friendly. They seem to enjoy their work. My wife and I helped out by serving drinks and food to the residents and guests of Emeritus Senior Living. I noticed how well taken care of the residents were. The staff was very accomodating and it seemed to me that the residents were happy there. My wife also has nothing but good things to say about this place. If I ever had to live in an assisted living place, I would definitely want a place of this quality.

commercesd January 09, 2012

We went to see the Emeritus at North Austin facility while looking at options for our uncle in the area. The grounds resembled a colonial style motel, not unlike many we've visited and stayed at before. The french style doors seemed welcoming.

The staff seemed friendly and kind. The living spaces we saw were modern, clean and efficient, with plenty of lighting. The decors were sufficient, some resembling a dorm room - but larger and with private baths - some of which had hardwood floors. This struck us, since those units had carpeting.

There were plenty of seating areas along the outer exterior, close to the building, which is really nice. Our uncle really enjoys being outdoors. On the side of the building there is a lovely gazebo gracing the center. The spacious seating areas throughout the facility provide a welcoming hotel atmosphere, where residents may enjoy looking outside the many windows. There are plenty of visiting areas with french doors that look out to patios.

The dining area was really spacious -- with lots of room between tables for a more private effect. The food looked very appetizing and the menu featured healthy alternatives that all looked like they would be delicious as well as nutritious. A variety of snacks are available throughout the day. There is also an informal kitchen area where residents may take their meals.

The library is stocked with some great books and has french doors and opens into one of the general living areas. The residents may also visit the local library for more selections, and the staff will help them to download books on a computer if they like.

There is a nice salon where residents may enjoy spa and grooming services. Many activities are scheduled throughout the day for seniors to enjoy, such as walks, exercise, music, TV, films, arts and crafts and readings.

Because of its proximity to Lake Travis - the residents get to enjoy outings there on a regular basis, where they can go on boat rides, picnic and enjoy the wildlife with other families and their loved ones, if they like.

The staff interacted well with the residents, some of whom were not entirely ambulatory. This is a mid-sized community that can handle a variety of resident situations, which we liked. They can easily adapt to the needs of the residents.

A very nice living environment for seniors.

From Brookdale North Austin

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale North Austin