Brookdale Aurora

1820 South Potomac St., Aurora, CO, 80012

Reviews of Brookdale Aurora

Michele9 October 11, 2013

Heritage Club at Aurora was very close to where I lived and it seemed to have everything we looked for. My mother's room was large and there was a lot of sun that came in. It was easy to get around the facility. The staff weren't very good, we had a meeting with them and we had gotten them to start playing classical music and not just any kind of music, and also to have more things to do other than bingo. I also wanted them to start showing movies at all hours other than during the scheduled times only. There were not too much activity for the residents. My mom hated the food, I tried it and it was bad.

Caring71692150 October 09, 2013

I loved the way that the staff at Heritage Club Aurora treated us when we visited their facilty. They were wonderful.

Jeff8 May 29, 2013

The Heritage Club is just nasty. The regular facility was fine but the dementia was real creepy. They have the lights real low during the day to keep everyone quiet, I guess. It smelled like pee inside. It's not the place you'd want for someone with dementia and it's just where you'd watch people away, that sort of thing. It's dead quiet, dark and not a very inviting place for a visitor to see. It wouldn't be the kind of place I'd want to be in.

James14 November 07, 2012

My mother is getting older and it's been a real challenge with her care. She is fiercely independant but needed assisted care. We wanted to find somewhere close by that offered a "real" home atmosphere with an amazing staff. Our desires were realized when we visited one of my mothers friends at the Heritage Club. My mother felt at home right away. She was impressed by the amenities, programs, care, grounds and the feeling she got was in her words, " I feel like as I grow older and my needs change, I'll be at a place where they will be sensitive to that change...and not overbearing". I like the personalized touches they have. Everyone was friendly and nice. After our visit had concluded and we were on our way home my mother kept going on about all the services, activities and help she would be able to receive. She felt that this would be a good idea and that it was the best solution and really something she wanted to do. It was amazing to find a place where the idea to live apart from me and my wife almost became my mothers original idea. It was almost like she had made the decision to do it and she had owned it. The lack of fear was something that overwhelmed me....in a good way. Thank you to the heritage club for being the type of place my mother wanted to be apart of.

JasonRowdy89 August 22, 2012

We visited the facility of Heritage Club at Aurora about a month ago when we were looking for a location for my parents. Overall we were very impressed with the layout of the grounds and the buildings themselves. One of the things that we liked about this facility was the feeling that you get when you walk into the main area. It feels more like a community rather than an assisted living center. Part of this is the place itself, but part of it is the great people that are there. We had a chance to visit with a few of the residents, who seemed generally happy about where they were living. In addition, the staff there made you feel very welcomed. The location is a little bit leary, looking back on this now, since it is not too far from the location of the shooting that occurred at the movie theaters. However, this could have happened in even a real nice area anywhere in the United States, so it isn't too concerning. There is a great mall not too far away which a lot of seniors visit on a regular basis.

Gertrude2 August 21, 2012

The facilities were incredible. The staff member we met that showed us around was very compassionate, knew all of the staff and guests names, and had a great repoire with everyone. She seemed very compassionate. The facility was just beautiful, and was extremely clean and well-organized. Each and every room was very tastefully decorated, had all the necessary lifting equipment (which was very important and needed for my brother-in-law) and the nursing staff was very well informed and caring. I know it is difficult to see and make a decision on a facility in just one visit, so we made sure to visit each place, including Heritage Club, at least two or three times. That way we were able to get a better feel for the staff and see more residents in this environment. It is such an emotional time for families like us, knowing we are still going to be continually separated from our family member for so long, so we had to feel completely comfortable in placing him there. We looked for quite a while around the Aurora area, and with all the lists and recommendations we found and heard, we kept coming back to Heritage Club. We also did a lot of research on the internet and by phone (very important to people not to overlook this step!) and almost without exception, Heritage was highly recommended. My brother-in-law is doing very well, and has come a long way since his accident. We know this is due to his perseverance and faith, but also the caring staff that have been so compassionate and helpful along the way.

MajongX May 25, 2012

Staff are courteous and friendly, and seem to go out of their way to assist residents. There are plenty of activities, and lots of interesting outings. My relative enjoys the abundance of things to do to keep her occupied. The facilities are clean and well-appointed. Nurses are professional and courteous, and able to handle complicated medication and personal care regimens.

JamesArce January 24, 2012

I was visiting a client of my Mother's who stayed at the facility. When my Mom worked to take care of the former client my Mom and I grew close with her and when she left to go live at Heritage Club we would visit her. The nice thing was the staff. They were always there when she needed them. The Medical support was excellent as were the meals provided. It was nice to feel the ease of knowing that our close friend was in good care.

HeroFried June 12, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

i went to this heritage club to visit my granny. actually i felt that this place was really very good and comforting for her. she was provided with all the basic amenities and support. the staff and members were very caring and friendly and even i felt that granny was in good hands. she was given proper medical support and advice over there and was taken good care of. as even granny was very comfortable over there as she mixed easy with the environment and was happy to meet us. proper care was taken for the visitors. the location was quite soothing and pleasant.

From Brookdale Aurora

Brookdale Aurora provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each assisted living and Alzheimer's care resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Aurora