Brookdale Auburn

11550 Education Street, Auburn, CA, 95602

Promotion ends in 3 days!

NOTHING SAYS SUMMER LIKE SAVINGS. Move into a Brookdale community by June 30, and receive a $1,000 rent credit! *Eligible new residents will receive a one-time $1,000 credit to the Basic Service Rate/Monthly Fee following the first 90 days of residency.

Reviews of Brookdale Auburn

January 17, 2015

By Mary104563850

My mom is in Emeritus. The staff was able to address my concerns during my visit. The rooms were very nice. They have all kinds of activities there. I tried the food, and it was good. The dining area is very nice and lovely.

December 23, 2014

Emeritus have been wonderful, and it was not an easy move as my mother was not in favor of moving. She is 93, but they have been wonderful, they support us as a family, and they actually gave the move. The staff really helps; they talk with her. Since she has been there, she is getting used to it and the transition is hard, but we feel so much better because she is in such a great environment. They have activities, she has meals, and she doesn’t have to clean anymore. It made a really difficult thing a lot easier on the family. They had live music down in the lobby, they have some type of music on a regular basis, and I went back to see for their Christmas party. It’s brighter, newer, there’s lot of windows, and it looks cheerful.

December 18, 2014

We actually had placed my mom in at Emeritus, paid everything, and she refused to stay. I don’t think I was told the right thing; there are certain things that they shouldn’t saying like they told us that your mom would be at Veterans and she will get $2500 a month, and then when I checked in, that’s not true as she had gotten $1100 only. There’s nobody there to really help us get her situated. They told me that she would have to go into lockdown, and I wasn’t ready for that. My personal opinion of the whole place was that there were not enough activities, and nobody paid attention to who’s coming in and who’s going out. I didn’t see a whole lot going on the rest of the time, and I’d say where everybody else was, there’s nobody around, and it’s kind of odd for me. It was clean, nice looking place, and pretty good.

We appreciate you sharing your concerns with us. Please be assured that the safety and well-being of our residents is our first priority and we share their concerns as well as the concerns of their families and friends. We will share and review your feedback to better serve our residents in the future.

November 18, 2014

I went to check out Emeritus at Emerald Hills, and I love the facility. I would like to put mom in there, but they would not take any insurance. The rooms and their dining area are very nice. Everything looked excellent.

August 28, 2014

Emeritus at Emerald Hills was all beautiful and wonderful, but my mom was beyond what they had to offer as far as the assisted living, unless I put her in their memory care. However, I still think it was too big and too busy for her. She is 93 and she is just at the point where she doesn't want all those activities. Besides that, she couldn't afford the memory care. It was so much money. The staff who assisted me was good. She had it all together. She knew exactly what would be helpful and not. In fact, she gave me a really good resource. However, the community wasn't a good match for my mom. She would have been lost even just trying to find her room and the dining room and all that. It was too big. Nevertheless, the rooms and the dining room were beautiful. The dining room was all like a restaurant.

May 29, 2014

By Val7

I already have my mom in Emeritus. I chose it because it was very warm and friendly and a lot to offer. It was close to town, close to good hospitals and doctors. They have exercise classes, art classes. They have bingo. They take people to different places on the buses. They have cocktail hour. They have special events for all the holidays. They even had an Easter bunny hat the week before Easter. Mom came here for Easter, and we took her out for Mother's Day, but for those who don't have any place to go, they have activities and things going on. They seem to take good care of people who are there. I haven't tasted the food, but Mom said it's delicious. Mom used to do a lot of cooking herself, and she would tell me if it wasn't any good. They're very nice rooms. She's in a studio, and it's got pretty good-sized studios. She has a view out front of a big tree and the grass down below. Either front or back, it still looks very nice. The ground is maintained nicely. I like the friendly staff and that my mom is happy.

November 26, 2013

By Scott9

We had a place for Mom but she turned for worse and ended up passing away in August. We had the furniture moved in but things turned bad. The people were very professional. The room was roomy and perfect for what we wanted for one person. The place was very clean and they were very quick in responding to our needs and when it all fell apart when my mom passed away, they were very good at giving a rebate.

June 25, 2013

By caring0425113

I think Emeritus is a good place based on what my sister told me. However at one point, they were giving my mom regular ice cream despite her asking for a sugar-free because she's a diabetic. That was corrected I think. Other than that, everything seems to be fine. Of course a bigger room and a healthier diet would be nice to improve on.

May 30, 2012

By At1986

This particular facility seemed real clean and nice. It reminded me of a little bed and breakfast. The food service staff were dressed as fine dining waiters which added a nice touch during lunch. The facility did not smell or urine like some of the other facilities I have visited and all of the staff seemed friendly, patient and kind. The walls were brightly colored and cheerful and there was a nice outside area for residents. The administrator had a great attitude and seemed to be a very nice person to be around and especially to run this type of facility.

May 29, 2012

By Courtd

Upon entering Emeritus at Emerald Hills, I was impressed with ow nice the facility appeared. It was kind of intimadating and seems very grand. However, it would have been nice to have somebody to greet at the door and help direct visitors to where they want to go. While walking through the facility with my friend, I was impressed by the wide array of activities available. It seemed as tough residents there were snappy and well taken care of.i was concerned however, with the stairs and all the furniture creating fall risks. They seemed potentially hazardous to my friend whad dementia and was unsteady on her feet

Photos of Brookdale Auburn

Services & Amenities of Brookdale Auburn

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Features Extra: Library

About Brookdale Auburn

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale Auburn