Brookdale Attleboro

100 Garfield Avenue, Attleboro, MA, 02703

Reviews of Brookdale Attleboro

Caring109507050 July 15, 2015

Canterbury Woods is excellent. There is excellent environment. They're all redone. It is a very nice place. They have nice people there. They had a small studio apartment, which was what we were looking for.

Rick Chretien May 23, 2015

Canterbury Woods is excellent. The staff is very accommodating and willing to help. When my mother went there, she went there with some resistance, and they were able to win her over. She has a studio apartment that is very nice, and there is a nice selection of food for her meals. The place itself is immaculate; it is in wonderful condition. They have different functions for them to join in. They have a large library and a television room; plus they have cable television in their rooms. They have bingo and music, facilities where they could entertain, and a hairdresser on site. And the grounds are really nice.

She has met a couple of friends and has adjusted well to it. They also have a nursing staff that is very friendly. I have my mother's medication monitored, and they do that. They check in on her periodically, they have a beverage card or a hydration card, and they go throughout and make sure that everybody is drinking. I can't say enough. I've had a great experience with them.

Caring102667750 February 25, 2015

I did visit Canterbury Woods in Attleboro and really liked it. But when I spoke with my dad, he is not ready to go to that step, so we are in a kind of holding pattern right now. I thought my visit was excellent. I thought the staff was very friendly. They had lots of good information, and there was no pressure to make any decision. Their goal was to give me information that I could take to my dad and present it to him. They were very knowledgeable and very welcoming to any question that I had. I thought the facility is beautiful and very well maintained. It was an entirely positive experience for me. At some point, we may think more seriously about that, but at this point my dad is not prepared to give up his house and move to a situation like that. We were looking for an assisted living facility. In one room there was bingo game and another room where some folks were doing some exercises. I went in the middle of the afternoon, and there were people milling about, but there were definitely the planned activities, and I got to see a lot of it. I really liked it, but I have no basis to judge it against anything other than what I heard about other places. My visit was entirely positive.

William101271250 January 21, 2015

I found a place named Emeritus at Canterbury Woods. They are very good and very compassionate people. They are very thorough, and they know their business well. They are caring and very good people. Since the few weeks we've been here, they work very hard and have genuine concern for their patients. I would highly recommend this facility. I have viewed Emeritus about four years ago and viewed it again just recently. They haven't changed one bit. They were the same people. Everything is the same as they had in the past. So that was something that stuck with me. They have a very consistent operation and consistent company. That is why we made the choice with them.

Lovely Lady2 September 29, 2014

Emeritus was pretty and clean. The rooms were nice and the dining room was open, airy, and clean, and they had an outside area where my mother can sit. The food was very good. She talked to a few residents.

Relative lives at Canterbury August 26, 2014

My mother has been living at Canterbury Woods for 3 years. The community was just completely renovated and it's prettier than ever. The staff especially the CNA's and Nurses really make sure my mom is cared for. Our biggest complaint during her stay had been the food but since the new Chef came on board we have noticed big improvements. He has been there for almost 6 months.

Caring83328250 May 29, 2014

Mother is going to stay at Emeritus. It'd just be too confusing for her to leave. Basically, it was close to me and the price was good. When I went there, I thought it looked pretty, and the place was clean, and the people seemed nice. One of the things she doesn't like about it is the food. We've actually made some complaints about it. My mother has just a studio, and she has a bathroom in there, and there is a little kitchenette.

They have activities and things. They have bingo all the time. My mother is starting to like that. It's something new for her. Usually, like once a week, they have someone come in and entertain them. She really likes that. They have weekly trips to the store and to restaurants, and sometimes she goes on those.

They have an outdoor facility and the grounds are kept very nicely. The place is nice, and the majority of the staff is very nice, but there is that 25% who aren't very nice and that causes a problem. They're pretty helpful reminding her of things, so I just feel that if I took her out of there, I might be causing a bigger problem. The place isn't great, but it's not bad, and if I take her out of there to a place that's maybe nicer and better, she might get worse just from the confusion, so it's not worth it to me.

Caring93345450 May 29, 2014

Emeritus at Canterbury Woods was very nice. The whole thing was beautiful. It seemed to have everything you needed. Also, I thought this place was clean. They have beautiful rooms, nice sizes, with walk-in showers. They let us sample the food, and it was good. It was very nice, nicely presented, with beautiful tables. Also, the people were nice.

Kris3 January 12, 2014

We visited Canterbury Woods with my parents. They stayed for lunch and thoroughly enjoyed the food; that was a big thing for them. They selected a 1-bedroom apartment. There was a very good level of activities which was another aspect that they're interested in. It had a workout area and they have bingo available 5 days a week.

Margaret31 December 24, 2013

I could never live in Canterbury Woods (Emeritus). It was like the residents weren't happy there. Nobody smiled and nobody spoke to us. They were all just sitting around and playing bingo or something. It just turned me off. They weren't friendly or anything. It was just like a difference of night and day between this place and the other facility that I liked. They have a totally different attitude. My daughter went with me and when we came out, her reaction was the same. She said, "Mom, you're not coming here, these people don't look happy at all." However, they did have ILF, ALF, a dementia section and a nursing home, so they have all there. If things go start going downhill, they take care of you and they don't send you some place else. That was a big point that they have there.

Teresa25 November 21, 2013

Actually my sister found Canterbury Woods (Emeritus) because she lives in Rhode Island and we wanted something in between us. The facility is clean and well-maintained. I found it really wonderful over there. They have been good to my mom since she moved in. I like best that they treat everybody like family. They help you with everything. Even when things get difficult, because she has Alzheimer's, they had just been very helpful throughout it all. They helped us in moving her in. Their memory care unit is a locked ward. They have cameras on the door and the door locks at 8 o'clock. They have lots of activities for their residents. They have young kids coming in all the time and doing things with them, like play trivia games of things that they would be able to answer the questions. They also do bowling. I would recommend them to others.

Shirley21 June 26, 2013

I liked Emeritus at Canterbury Woods the first time I saw it. I have visited it several times and I was happy with my visits. I saw their apartments and I liked the way they set it up. They had different activities and even take the people to the mall and other events. I think when I do go on assisted living, I would go there. I am looking forward to move there.

alovingcaregiver February 06, 2013

Before signing on, there is a 'flutter' of helpful and caring people around you. Once you sign on the dotted line you have to search for someone when help is needed or a question needs to be answered. The Nursing area is very good although there could be more LPN's.The local visiting nurses is a racket and should be reviewed to be more efficient and involved. Many symptoms and preliminary diagnosis were overlooked. Generally speaking it is a bright and cheery, clean environment. Most seem happy there. Be aware they expect a 30 day notice when you want to vacate.Knowing it is a facility catering to the elderly, many times there is no chance to give this 30 day notice and the family ends up paying a months worth of rent for nothing. The community fee is excessive too, $2600.00? For what? A little paint and rugs?? While it has a beautiful dining area, the food is less than stellar. Activities are minimal. One last important detail is evening security. No one is manning the desk in the early evening quiet hours before the doors are secured. Anyone can walk through those sliding doors without checking in. This is a bit unsettling.

fathead2260 October 25, 2012

My mom has been living there for several months, she is basically happy there, the staff is friendly and attentive as are the nurses. Although she has been complaining as has many of her friends about the food. It is usually cold, the soup is made with the weeks leftovers, and basically the menu is unacceptable. As they are not allowed to cook in their room except for the microwave, I just think this makes their lives very unhappy. I have been bringing dinners from home and from resturants, but this should not be, as food is included in their rates, they should have some say in what they eat. Basically, from what I have heard, the food is unacceptable, some days she goes without eating, that is just not right! Otherwise, the care and the staff, are awesome, it's just the food. Enough said....

ElaineLK September 10, 2012

My mother moved into the Mayflower (memory care) unit here just over a year ago. She passed away on August 16. I am so glad to have had her in such a good facility. I cannot say enough about the staff and how much they care about the residents. The nurses were on top of every problem she had and always contacted me when there was any problem. Because her own doctor was more than half an hour away in RI, they were able to get her accepted by the house doctor. When they knew she was weakening, they asked me if I would approve having hospice called in. Every one of the CNAs I knew was excellent, and it was obvious that they loved their charges. They took wonderful care of my mother, as they do all the residents. She was not a person to take part in activities, but they made sure she was part of the group, even just to watch, and told me she enjoyed that. They would hug and kiss her, joke with her, and told me how funny she was and how much they enjoyed her. The facility is beautiful and well kept. I would recommend it to any caregiver looking for a home for a loved one with dementia.

mom's girl December 28, 2011

Had two tours on separate days. Mom will be moving in very soon ( after she finishes rehab). Staff very friendly, helpful and fine with answering all your questions. The few residents I spoke with are very happy here. Also spoke to adult children of six residents and they say that after a 1-3 month adjustment period, all their loved ones were happy to be here and considered it "home".

Very, very pleased with my experiences thus far.

April2 October 20, 2011

My aunt who lives in Massachusetts decided to move into a assisted living facility after my uncle passed away. Should could have continued to live alone but we felt and she felt that she would be more comfortable having people around and knowing that she could get the help that she needed with the few things that she did have difficulty with. Emeritus at Canterbury Woods is a beautiful facility with great staff and great amenities with a lot to offer all of the residents. One thing that my aunt always says is that she feels at home there. The times that I have gone to visit I always feel comfortable and the staff is always helpful and kind to me and to my aunt. What is great about this place is that if her health gets worse she will be able to stay and continue to get the care that she needs. There are a lot of activities for her to enjoy and she stays very social at this facility. She can also have a small pet if she chooses and a lot of the residents have small dogs or cats. My aunt especially loves the educational classes and the different clubs that she can join with other people her own age that are still active. A great facility at affordable rates.

Caring330508 July 27, 2011

Sister in law was in the assisted living section, this is a wonderful facility. You can live on your own, graduate to the assisted living area and when needed, go to the hospital section. Nurses and aides are friendly, helpful and very knowledgeable about every aspect of nursing care. I would highly recommend Canterbury Woods to anyone needing elder care assistance.

From Brookdale Attleboro

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Attleboro

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Pharmacy
  • Physical therapy

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• General store
  • Hiking trails
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym