Summerset Assisted Living

3711 Benjamin E Mays Drive SW, Atlanta, GA, 30331

Reviews of Summerset Assisted Living

August 16, 2015

By Darlene30

We found Summerset for my mother. We chose it because it is close to where I live, it is a gated community, they have cameras, and the facility is furnished kind of like my mom’s house used to be. They have antiques and flags. It is a two-level facility, and they have four dining halls, which is good because it is spread and convenient. They have a lot of activities, and the staff is nice. They do a foot care thing about four times a month, which is actually good because my mother is diabetic. They have bingo and other games. Every Saturday, they have movies. They have like an auditorium, and they have movies in there. Once a month at the end of the month, they have a birthday bash for anybody that had birthdays that month, and it is like a party. They have groups that come in and do things like sing-a-longs. They also have devotion every morning, Monday through Saturday. On Sunday, they have Sunday school and church there, which is really good. I haven’t tasted their food, but my mom says it is very good. I have a calendar that has their meals. I would say sometimes it is institutional, but overall, it is very good. My mom likes it. Also they have lots of places they can move inside, but they also have really nice grounds outside. If my mom wanted to go outside, she can walk around. They have a little park on the park areas on the facility, which is really nice. The staff is good compared to the last facility where my mom was. They have like nurses station at four locations, one on each wing. They check my mom’s blood sugar everyday. The CNAs seem to be nice. They seem to be responsive when my mom presses her buzzer.

April 19, 2015

By Laura104428550

I also went to Summerset, and I love the staff and the cleanliness of the community. It was a little calmer here. I also like the theatre that they have on the premises. I also like that it was family owned and operated as well. There has been a lot of personal care there.

March 20, 2015

Summerset was my top choice. The rooms were comparable, and they have a lot of different options. The staff was excellent. It was very clean, and they had a lot of things on their activity board.

April 17, 2013

I opted for Summerset Assisted Living Community because of the proximity to my house. It was convenient for me. They had enough staff for the residents. There were also different activities. The size of the room was adequate enough. It was clean and pretty.

November 28, 2012

By marie0308

I really like this facility and it seems very upscale. It is a gated community which I like for security reasons but the person who has to be buzzed to let you in is very sharp and somewhat rude. After answering a million questions you are finally let in the gate. The facility is separated based on how much help people need. For example people who can not bathe or wipe themselves are grouped together people who can live independently do so on another side of the facility. It is always clean and management seems very strict about that. The actual owners of the facility frequently visit and walk around the premises which I like. The rooms are not very big but still nice. They serve high quality food only coming from Publix and on certain days they have a little market for people to come down and buy cheap little items such as bread, fruit, etc. The staff is very helpful but some seem a little short patient with guest. Overall it is a nice facility and my godmother seems to like it.

April 13, 2012

By Lovelybonesbrii

Summerset Assisted Living Community appeared to be a better community and more interesting than my own community. Being only 70 years of age, my grandmother didnt feel as though she was quite old enough to be considered for assisted living. Yet, she didnt want to continue feeling as if she was a burden on the rest of the family. Summerset made us feel welcome as soon as we walked in. It smelled nice, it was appealing, and the staff was very helpful.The location of Summerset was also a plus, because it was Marta Accesible, which my grandmother loved. Summerset also had two assisted living programs. One designed for those who needed bedisde assistance, and the other who wanted to continue living their life like they do on a daily basis. Last but not least, i believed they offered computer classes, which my grandmother desperately needs because she has never come close to touching a computer. All in all, Summerset made us feel welcomed, and didnt put up a front like most nursing homes do, they were truly genuine.

December 07, 2011

By Debbie Martin

Summerset assisted living facility is located in Atlanta, Georgia. The residence does not have that typical cold clinical look common with so many facilities of this type. From the outside appearance, it looks like a large mansion. The grounds and building well maintained. There is a porch or sitting area just outside the front door where residents can sit and enjoy the fresh air. Security is another nice feature. Upon driving up to the gate, one must speak to a staff member over the intercom before entering the gate. You will also need a security code to enter the front door: in addition, one for leaving.The staff is very friendly and attentive to residents. Making sure, they get medicine and meals on schedule. Employees are helpful to family and visitors. The staff is so friendly that you never get the impression you are talking to someone who works there. This is true from management down to those who clean the facility.They really seem to enjoy interacting with residents and often speak well of them.There is no shortage of activities for seniors and little time for boredom. It seems much thought has gone into planning daily activities.State of mind for those living in the home appears to be very positive.Overall, I would rate this assisted living facility with very high marks. If you are considering an assisted living center for your loved one you may want to put this one on your list.

August 12, 2011

By livebyfaith

This is a very professional, clean and traditional center. The atmosphere was nice. The employees were helpful. The have large walk ways, gardens fishing ponds and much more. There are many activities i noticed many of the seniors being active, whether they were just reading, talking, or playing bingo.

Photos of Summerset Assisted Living

Features of Summerset Assisted Living

• Minimum Memory Cost: $2700/month

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Psychiatric Care
  • Nurse On Staff: We Have 24 Hour Nurses.
  • Pharma

• Staff Patient Ratio: 5:1
  • Pets: No Pets Allowed

• State Licenses: PCH003074

About Summerset Assisted Living

Looking for an assisted living community that is right for your loved one? We understand that it can be a very involved and difficult process, even when you have realized that it is the right approach to take.

As you know, getting well balanced meals and getting medications on time are critical. It might be that the need for assistance with daily tasks (ADL’s) is evident. These ADL’s are Activities of Daily Living, such as: bathing, grooming, toileting, assisting with medication, and diabetic management, just to name a few. We cannot emphasize “enough” the importance that socialization plays in a person’s life and enjoying retirement. It might be that security is your concern or whether your loved one can respond appropriately to an emergency. We also can imagine that you would wish for your loved one to be as independent as possible. We endorse that concept. There is so much we can offer and wish for you to know… that Summerset is your answer. Let us help you in your search.

We know your concerns and hesitations. We have traveled that road and know how to assist when a loved one is struggling with leaving their home and familiar surroundings, a home that they have lived in most of their lives. Let us spend some time with you to assist you in getting the right place and even assist in making the transition easier. We can assure you that you are making the right decision and that your loved one would simply enjoy the rest of their retirement years at Summerset. If you wish to come in personally, we would love to speak with you. Come tour Summerset and you be the judge!

We can also share information about the GREAT BENEFITS for VETERANS and their spouses or widows of veterans.

We hope to see you soon.

With Kindest Regards,

Mack Willis, Jr., Director of Operations

Our mission is to provide top quality, excellent, and compassionate care for our residents and we are devoted to fulfilling that mission every day. Our program is designed to meet the unique needs of our assisted living residents and our residents who have memory challenges. PWhen you come in to Summerset, as our guest, you will see what our residents describe as a lifestyle that gives meaning to each day, besides a beautiful place to live. We would enjoy the opportunity to be your home away from home.

Map of Summerset Assisted Living