NEED HELP FINDING ASSISTED LIVING FACILITIES?

Talk to an advisor for free: (866) 515-8248

Availability

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Dogwood Forest of Dunwoody

Welcome to Dogwood Forest of Dunwoody. Dunwoody, Georgia premier assisted living community. Ideally situated in one of metro Atlanta’s premier business, shopping, and residential districts, is Dogwood Forest of Dunwoody, a trusted local leader in assisted living and memory care services. Purposefully designed with our residents in mind, Dogwood Forest was created specifically with all of the details that have been clinically proven to produce positive outcomes in the health and lives of seniors. From its ample living and function areas—to its beautiful outdoor spaces, Dogwood Forest of Dunwoody offers the superb services & care you would want in an assisted living community. Dogwood Forest of Dunwoody features an array of amenities including spacious apartments, a fully-stocked community bistro, on-site physical therapy center, a salon, and multiple sitting areas and outdoor spaces for residents to enjoy. With our amenities, services and active social calendar , it is apparent why we are loved by the Dunwoody community, and why our residents love to call Dogwood Forest home.

Services

Catering to both assisted living, memory care, and temporary stays, Dogwood Forest offers unmatched services that is as individualized as the unique needs of each its residents. We understand and relate to the needs and concerns of our residents and families-- whether it’s providing a little extra care, educating families on memory care –or assisting them with navigating their financial options. The infrastructure of our community ---our people, our buildings & grounds, and our services & programs are the foundation of the what we call the Dogwood Forest Difference. Our efforts are always intentional. And that intention is to create the optimal living environment and one that is clinically proven to produce positive outcomes in seniors. That’s all part of the Dogwood Forest Difference.

What makes us special: Dogwood Forests approach is backed by clinical data—data that shows that living environments significantly influences the health outcomes and welfare of seniors. We provide an ideal living environment that fosters hope, healing, independence, security and life quality ensuring that each of our residents met their highest living potential. Our optimistic caregiver, staff, and administrators work together continuously to generate the services and companionship that are staples within the Dogwood Forest Living Environments. We are a resource to our residents, families, community and senior service profession. Come and experience the Dogwood Forest Difference.

Reviews of Dogwood Forest of Dunwoody

Posted by Rusty5 June 01, 2015
4.0

Dogwood Forest is a very nice community. It is very clean, and the caregivers seemed to be genuinely interested in the residents. My mom is in the memory care part of the facility, and they seem to have an adequate amount of activities for them. The food seems to be good. Overall, I'm extremely pleased with what has transpired so far. There are a couple of really nice courtyards that the residents can utilize that are full of flowers. One has a waterfall, and there are rocking chairs on the front porch. It is open, and it is very light. Parking is a little bit of an issue, but that is basically it. The rooms are of good size, and the bathrooms are extremely large. It is nice and bright. The halls are extremely wide, and the colors are nice. They do a lot of things with magazines. They have a frequent church type service that is handled by volunteers. There are sitting and stretching exercises for most of the people that are in wheelchairs. The memory care people can participate in the events and activities that are primarily for the assisted living group. They have a full time activities director that is always doing something that is fun for them. It is a nice place, and I think I made a good choice.

Posted by aialik September 27, 2013
2.0

As with any assisted living, BE CAREFUL before you submit your loved one to this place. On the surface, outside and inside is attractive. Staff are actually pretty well trained and mostly care. But they strictly limit the amount of care they offer to insure profitability. For example, it takes continuous monitoring by family to be sure my loved one's room has toilet paper provided. And resident room housekeeping is totally ignored.

Posted by livebyfaith August 17, 2011
4.0

I saw employees interacting with the seniors and their families that were visiting. There were many Alheizmers patients. I notice employees giving them being patient and compassionate. Some of the seniors were watching TV shows such as the golden girls others were doing karaoke or talking with each other.

Posted by atwagal@aol.com July 29, 2011

My husband has ALZ...............he is known as the VELCO man. When I walk him into the memory unit, the staff surrounds him and calls his name. He immediately responds................and I am abled to walk away. They have the training to distract him and allow me to move away. Not only do they work well with him, but I observie their ability to distarct others in their behavior patterns. It is very impressive with their training to work with this special group of people. Though he is only a day care in this memory unit, I can see as an easy transition to permanent resident.

Posted by RingEmanu May 31, 2011

Visited this facility

The Dogwood Forest Assisted Living Facility, in a nutshell, can be best described as very good. The employees (i.e. nurses/caretakers, cooks, and etc...) can be described as competent in what they are hired to do. However, they seemed to lack dedication and expertise that would normally be seen from registered nurses/doctors, professional cooks, and other people who excel at what they do, when I toured there with my grandparents. However, they did have exemplary facilities, services, and amenities (i.e. recreational rooms, a spa, overall area for seniors to roam in, and laundry services, cable TV, sports activities, and many health services). They also had high quality rooming for the prices they charged, making the value (at least to me) of their facilities and faculty increase further. Finally, the setting (which was small and welcoming) and location (which was close to renowned hospitals, restaurants, shopping centers, and the city of Atlanta) was livable and welcoming because of all it had to offer.

Location of Dogwood Forest of Dunwoody

Features of Dogwood Forest of Dunwoody

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Psychiatric care
  • Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition

• Private services

• Lowest monthly rate: 3,000
  • Highest monthly rate: 5,562
  • Minimum Memory Care Cost: 3,431

• We offer respite care (short term stays)

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Get Details